26 Feb: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 8pm

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Draw
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Discuss Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Betfred have Warrington 1/14 for a straight win.  Just about sums it up. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Listening to this on Radio Leeds and from their commentary Wakefield are the better team - it's just that Warrington are 24 - 6 up against the run of play at half time.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Gidley went off with suspected concussion; apparently Wakefield targeted him in defence all match and he made about 50 tackles.   Sandow kicked out on the full from the kick off, but after the penalty Wakefield coughed up the ball and Currie went 60 metres to score.  After that it sounded as if Sandow had another good game. Penny, Clarke and Russell were singled out by the commentators.

10,631 there.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Reports suggest that Gidley will miss next week's match, due to concussion.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wakefield looked to move the ball quickly, whilst targeting Penny with high kicks on the last. They have a real flyer on the left; Johnston(?), who was did a lot of work. Finn directed them well.

Warrington appeared to underestimate Wakefield, trying to pull off passes that we're never really available. The word I would describe Warrington's passing would be 'sloppy'

CiderWire, on 26 Feb 2016 - 9:59 PM, said:

34-16 to Wire final score. Apparently Gidley and Sandow ran the show. Anyone got any info?

Silverwood ran the show. :D

The loss of BJB at fullback really left us a bit sluggish defensively, especially on the kicks, at the back. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Sandow is gonna be man of steel, I can feel it, he's borderline electrifying at the moment

As Tony Smith said, he's a different man, both physically and mentally, this year.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was a very sloppy game from both sides. The ref laid his stall out on penalising the ruck and standing square at the ptb and the players never adapted. I have to say Wakefield look a vastly improved side from last year and really gave it a go but Warrington were always in control and able to click through the gears when needed. Best for Wire were Clarke, Sandow and Gidley. Worryingly they let Wakey and Finn especially work the overlap really well. Both sides gave too many penalties away and coughed up possession regularly with wayward passes and dropped balls.

A win is a win but big improvements needed for next week at Salford.

Archived