Morrison gone

marketram

Not disputing numbers, but over the last two seasons the squad has been two big. It was inevitable that Muranka would leave at some point because he has hardly played over the last two years and the only game people can remember him in is that play off one.

With clauses and loopholes in these contracts and agreements nowadays, wouldn't surprised me to see Reynolds back at Leigh soonish.

Also bringing in Barry Eaton wouldn't be that bad for me. Could help the half backs find some creativity and maybe he could sign on to kick some goals. If he had of played Sunday we would have won ;) can't deny that!

So you reckon that playing Barry Eaton (who's 42 years old) would have helped Dewsbury secure the victory last week. :rofl: You have the right to your opinion, but come on BARRY EATON - really? He would do absolutely nothing to enhance the club and would be a massive backward step.

All you seem to post is negativity. I think Morro is doing a grand job and we as a club are going in the right direction with him at the helm.

Also if Reynolds does go back to Leigh then so be it. Players come and players go.

So after only 5 games into the season and you want rid of our coach. With such fickleness I think you'd be better off supporting Batley!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed the season in just out of the starting blocks , the playoffs are a long time yet. Morrison has his flaws but it's too much to be calling for his head.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

You all knew my point on Eaton. He could kick goals from all across the park.

I understand people justifying Morrison but his player selection this season deserves criticism and if Eddie I'm the only the one that's criticised that then you need to open your eyes.

What's that advert on the telly that says prevention is better than the cure. We've played five games and should really have 4 wins on the board. We're heading into a tough run of fixtures and our season could be over by the time we come out of the end of it.

Hemel away on a Friday night? ............. That could be a new song for the 'barmy army'

Seems at bit OTT from a neutral perspective.

Dewsbury seem to have really progressed in the last couple of years. A solid infrastructure and financial base off the field, the development of a successful reserve team and then on the field a move from being a bottom half side to a middle/top one who are respected by all clubs in the league.

Ok, there's an element to say Morrison (and the club) might not have recruited as well as they could in terms of half backs. Just like we (Batley) did last year by taking a risk (that didn't work) on two relatively young and inexperienced lads.

But coaches make mistakes from time to time. Doesn't make them bad ones overnight. And you've got to work with your parameters too. If Messrs Kear and Morrison were faultless in their field they'd be coaching Wigan/Brisbane/Melbourne rather than Batley and Dewsbury.

Who's out there at the moment realistically that could do a better job with the budget you have available. With the same applying to us and John Kear.

We are only 5 games in, and you've still got 6 points despite not reaching top form. It's far too early to be getting worried and thinking about replacing coaches. I very much doubt that either Halifax and Sheffield are after their slightly disappointing starts (in comparison to expectation).

I've no doubt that the Rams will be in the top 8 come the time of reckoning. Probably a bit higher too.

Keep the faith. We did with Kear and so far it's paying off. Albeit I'd be very surprised (but delighted) if we were occupying our current league position in three months time.

I understand people justifying Morrison but his player selection this season deserves criticism and if Eddie I'm the only the one that's criticised that then you need to open your eyes.

What's that advert on the telly that says prevention is better than the cure. We've played five games and should really have 4 wins on the board. We're heading into a tough run of fixtures and our season could be over by the time we come out of the end of it.

Hemel away on a Friday night? ............. That could be a new song for the 'barmy army'

Relegation my ######. The only reason we have a large squad is due to the fact we have a reserve team. A reserve team we all wanted! If we didn't have a large squad then we'd not be able to fulfill or compete at that level. If you took away the young reserve kids from the first team squad we'd have a squad the same size of Batley Fev Halifax ect... Check for you're self!! Batley may be strong now but what happens when injuries set in?? If we get injuries we'd have adequate cover in almost every position to still be within a chance of winning a championship game. It's a long season and I still believe we will finish in spots between 4th and 8th. If we went on budgets and full time clubs then we should finish 7th behind Bulls Leigh Sheffield London Halifax and Fev. Competing for 7th with Batley, we will not go below 8th!!

You look like the fool for assuming Gary Schofield, and should question why you are commenting on a forum when you don't know the people been spoke about. Clown

If knowing the people we speak about is an absoluter prerequisite of these fora before we could comment, they would shut down!!!

I may not know Schoey, this is true. But I do know players, Directors and fans of barrow who were around when he was their coach for a brief period. Schoey doesn't come with great testimony for a semi-pro coach level.

However, from a selfish point of view, I'd be more than happy if one of our competitors had Schoey as their coach...... so feel free to campaign for him. Schoey in!!!!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

If knowing the people we speak about is an absoluter prerequisite of these fora before we could comment, they would shut down!!!

I may not know Schoey, this is true. But I do know players, Directors and fans of barrow who were around when he was their coach for a brief period. Schoey doesn't come with great testimony for a semi-pro coach level.

However, from a selfish point of view, I'd be more than happy if one of our competitors had Schoey as their coach...... so feel free to campaign for him. Schoey in!!!!!

Robin, it's Schofield junior who is being talked about (very prematurely I might add). I wouldn't touch his dad with a bargepole.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Robin, it's Schofield junior who is being talked about (very prematurely I might add). I wouldn't touch his dad with a bargepole.

Got ya!

Anyway BSJ, I would stick with Morro. In the interests of stability and the better interests of your club.....

He does appear fav for the wakey job looking at wakey forum though....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Relegation my ######. The only reason we have a large squad is due to the fact we have a reserve team. A reserve team we all wanted! If we didn't have a large squad then we'd not be able to fulfill or compete at that level. If you took away the young reserve kids from the first team squad we'd have a squad the same size of Batley Fev Halifax ect... Check for you're self!! Batley may be strong now but what happens when injuries set in?? If we get injuries we'd have adequate cover in almost every position to still be within a chance of winning a championship game. It's a long season and I still believe we will finish in spots between 4th and 8th. If we went on budgets and full time clubs then we should finish 7th behind Bulls Leigh Sheffield London Halifax and Fev. Competing for 7th with Batley, we will not go below 8th!!

You say it like 8th is an achievement. I'm assuming you think Workington, Haven, Oldham and Swinton will be below us?

Three teams of them we have played already, lost to one, played ###p against Swinton and beat a Workington riddled with injuries and miss Sammut.

The theme that has run throughout the first five games on this forum is that we don't know or he doesn't know what to do with the halves. We have Glover and B Delaney sat there in a first team squad. Morrison decided to promote them so why not use them?

I think the reserves are great, so why aren't they been given a chance. One of the ideas for having a reserves was to promote from within. We haven't done that. We've brought in and that hasn't worked so far.

Batleys success this season isn't down to Kear or the fans but their recruitment. Scott, Walker and Brambani have changed them. Sykes, Reynolds and Groat haven't done that for us. Guzdek has been the only saving grace.

We should enter every game with the mentality of being involved in a tough game! What's with all the doom and gloom?

How can you possibly think of our season being over with these 'tough' games ahead? You have a very defeatest attitude!

We are in a good league position even though the lads haven't gelled together as of yet. We've made some cracking signings in the likes of Groat, Guzdek, Kain, and also kept some quality in the likes of Luke and Toby Adamson, Brown, Grady, Grant and Hale! 

We have a very good reserve setup that's seen Teanby make the step-up and he's done very well. I'm sure both Delaney's, and Glover will be given an opportunity at some point in the season!

We have so many positives as a club and I believe we are heading in the right direction both on and off the field! Morro is still learning as a coach and needs our backing. We may not like some of his team selections but he's the coach.

Stop the moaning as life is so much better when you have a positive outlook!

Barring Injuries, Kain and Reynolds would have been our regular half backs.

In addition to Guzdek, I think an injury-free Kain will have a big influence as the season progresses.

I am sure that John Kear was involved in the recruitment of the 3 players at the Dogs.

I am sure that John Kear was involved in the recruitment of the 3 players at the Dogs.

Of course he was Wilsden Ram, you are correct.

And in reply to one of your least salubrious fellow supporter, the 'fans' were inadvertently resonsible,as I believe their signings were part funded by BISSA.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

You say it like 8th is an achievement. I'm assuming you think Workington, Haven, Oldham and Swinton will be below us?

Three teams of them we have played already, lost to one, played ###p against Swinton and beat a Workington riddled with injuries and miss Sammut.

The theme that has run throughout the first five games on this forum is that we don't know or he doesn't know what to do with the halves. We have Glover and B Delaney sat there in a first team squad. Morrison decided to promote them so why not use them?

I think the reserves are great, so why aren't they been given a chance. One of the ideas for having a reserves was to promote from within. We haven't done that. We've brought in and that hasn't worked so far.

Batleys success this season isn't down to Kear or the fans but their recruitment. Scott, Walker and Brambani have changed them. Sykes, Reynolds and Groat haven't done that for us. Guzdek has been the only saving grace.

So kear doesn't set a game plan or standards to players?? It's a simple game plan but they stick to and help the plays around park southernwood is a different play along side brambani due to experience and leadership yes..

Same with morrison but are the players you'v signed sticking to his game plan? Maybe a settle side would help i know you can't help injurys but batley have had the same backs out in the last 3 wins and it helps

Got to be wozza. His radio leeds interviews were priceless

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

You will be safe as I think he will stay with you.

Even the Daily Express only mentioned Glenn at the end of a very small item at Waky.

Seems they have had 15 phone calls regarding the position.

Cheers Roger.

Seems they have had 15 phone calls regarding the position.

Cheers Roger.

To be fair Roger 14 of them wer from Marketram begging them to take Morro :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

To be fair Roger 14 of them wer from Marketram begging them to take Morro :lol:

There was more but they sent me straight to voicemail so I left a short message.

Keep the faith I actually wasn't saying anything bad about Kear. The point I was making was the change from last season to this is your the players you brought in. Kear will have tried to play the same game plan last season but you didn't have the personnel. I think we're going to have the same season you did this year.

We sold a half-back and didn't replace him. We promoted two reserves that don't play, a centre with the number 6 on his back, a decent player in Kain but with a track record of injuries, Speakman a half-back that was actually a hooker and a player on loan that could quite possibly get recalled. Marvellous.

Now Kain and Reynolds should be the starting pair, but as we've seen already what happens if Kain gets injured in a game. Do we keep him on because we need him or do we take him off to prevent a long-term absence? It's a predicament that doesn't fill me with joy.

We should have replaced Thackeray with a like for like. Someone with the number 7 on their back on Dewsbury's books that wasn't coming for a quick buck nor injury prone.

There was more but they sent me straight to voicemail so I left a short message.

Keep the faith I actually wasn't saying anything bad about Kear. The point I was making was the change from last season to this is your the players you brought in. Kear will have tried to play the same game plan last season but you didn't have the personnel. I think we're going to have the same season you did this year.

We sold a half-back and didn't replace him. We promoted two reserves that don't play, a centre with the number 6 on his back, a decent player in Kain but with a track record of injuries, Speakman a half-back that was actually a hooker and a player on loan that could quite possibly get recalled. Marvellous.

Now Kain and Reynolds should be the starting pair, but as we've seen already what happens if Kain gets injured in a game. Do we keep him on because we need him or do we take him off to prevent a long-term absence? It's a predicament that doesn't fill me with joy.

We should have replaced Thackeray with a like for like. Someone with the number 7 on their back on Dewsbury's books that wasn't coming for a quick buck nor injury prone.

You've been asked this question before MR but just who is this player that we should have signed?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Have I been asked this before?

I'm not a rugby league scout, nor am I a rugby league coach who has knowledge of what good youngsters and lurking in the super league clubs.

We missed a trick with Brambani there's one to start. Kyle Briggs was he always going to start at Fev before Wildie got injured.

When ever transfer fees are suggested BSJ you mention the clubs budget. But is it a case of the club can't pay a fee or won't pay a transfer fee? because there is a difference.

Where do the funds come from I hear someone ask at the back. Cut 6 players off our squad that's where. Reinvest the transfer fees we receive.

It sounds from the Fev forum that the reserves are dying a death and I don't see the relevance to Dewsbury if they don't use it to develop potential players. Having said that I enjoyed the games I saw last season under the lights and it is a shame more clubs aren't encouraged to have one

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Have I been asked this before?

I'm not a rugby league scout, nor am I a rugby league coach who has knowledge of what good youngsters and lurking in the super league clubs.

We missed a trick with Brambani there's one to start. Kyle Briggs was he always going to start at Fev before Wildie got injured.

When ever transfer fees are suggested BSJ you mention the clubs budget. But is it a case of the club can't pay a fee or won't pay a transfer fee? because there is a difference.

Where do the funds come from I hear someone ask at the back. Cut 6 players off our squad that's where. Reinvest the transfer fees we receive.

Yes I do always refer to budgets MR, not because I am privy to the finances of the club but I do have experience of running a business so understand all of the issues that the club would face by overspending. I also have a long enough memory to remember when we nearly folded due to our accumulated debt and, much though I would welcome success on and off the field, my prime and selfish concern is that there continues to be a club for me to support.

As I understand it the fee, not all of which has been received yet, for Thackeray went on paying off accumulated debts.

I don't understand what the difference is between fees/transfer fees/etc; they all require money up front and cashflow is one of the most critical factors in running a small business. Maybe you know different in which case I would welcome enlightenment.

We tried to sign Briggs but he preferred the numbers that Fev were talking about (cf Thackeray). I don't know if we tried to sign Brambani but the Dogs got in quick and signed him up - well done to them. (We did try to sign Walker btw but were outbid, so it goes).

As I said previously our first team squad is smaller than last season, or are you advocating scrapping the second team?

I am not being personally critical when I say this but your list of available half backs is pitifully small, reflecting the current reality in our division - there aren't many quality halves to be found nowadays. Personally I don't believe this is GM's fault.

Archived