Morrison gone

marketram

It sounds from the Fev forum that the reserves are dying a death and I don't see the relevance to Dewsbury if they don't use it to develop potential players. Having said that I enjoyed the games I saw last season under the lights and it is a shame more clubs aren't encouraged to have one

hopefully we get some money in the bank we could have one at the mount in 2017? Because theirs talent still not been picked up

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I do always refer to budgets MR, not because I am privy to the finances of the club but I do have experience of running a business so understand all of the issues that the club would face by overspending. I also have a long enough memory to remember when we nearly folded due to our accumulated debt and, much though I would welcome success on and off the field, my prime and selfish concern is that there continues to be a club for me to support.

As I understand it the fee, not all of which has been received yet, for Thackeray went on paying off accumulated debts.

I don't understand what the difference is between fees/transfer fees/etc; they all require money up front and cashflow is one of the most critical factors in running a small business. Maybe you know different in which case I would welcome enlightenment.

We tried to sign Briggs but he preferred the numbers that Fev were talking about (cf Thackeray). I don't know if we tried to sign Brambani but the Dogs got in quick and signed him up - well done to them. (We did try to sign Walker btw but were outbid, so it goes).

As I said previously our first team squad is smaller than last season, or are you advocating scrapping the second team?

I am not being personally critical when I say this but your list of available half backs is pitifully small, reflecting the current reality in our division - there aren't many quality halves to be found nowadays. Personally I don't believe this is GM's fault.

Iam not writing another essay because it is hurting my fingers and you go off on tangents.

If GM isn't partly to blame who is?

No I've not mentioned scrapping the reserves once.

And the fact we were outbid by Batley (a team with similar finances to ourselves) backs up my entire argument on this post about the size/quality out of squad. When I'm not the highest bidder on an item on eBay I bid more unless I'am going up against a Sheikh.

And the fact we were outbid by Batley (a team with similar finances to ourselves) backs up my entire argument on this post about the size/quality out of squad. When I'm not the highest bidder on an item on eBay I bid more unless I'am going up against a Sheikh.

Good luck to any business with little money that tries that method.

Iam not writing another essay because it is hurting my fingers and you go off on tangents.

OK I'll try not to confuse you.

I never said that GM isn't partly to blame - you said we should get rid of him. Quite different things.

You said we should get rid of six players. As we have a smaller first team squad than last year how would that work if the 2nd team wasn't to be affected?

When I bid for anything I only bid up to what I think it is worth. EBay loves people like you.  :tongue:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

OK I'll try not to confuse you.

I never said that GM isn't partly to blame - you said we should get rid of him. Quite different things.

You said we should get rid of six players. As we have a smaller first team squad than last year how would that work if the 2nd team wasn't to be affected?

When I bid for anything I only bid up to what I think it is worth. EBay loves people like you. :tongue:

I write this as Phil Clarke says he'd like to see Glenn Morrison take over at Wakey. Never have I loved a Lancastrian so much.

I don't care what you say but Forsyth, Dunn, Glover, Muranka, both Delaney's are in our first team squad and take up an amount, be that a small one but still. These players don't get a look in. Also come to think of it where the hell is Sam Bates?

Them young players the likes of James Delsney , James glover ect are young players who can make it! Rather them be with us in our reserves. Like I said earlier Batley have a smaller squad but once injuries kick In as they do as season goes on, do they have strength in depth like we do?? This depth comes from players like the Delaneys, glover, Johnson, Muranka, Forsyth ect! You're correct mate all this is getting daft. I personally will look forward to seeing Brad Delaney play at London on Sunday!

We've gone for versitility this year he can play in any position

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

This is getting a bit daft boys.

Yep, you're right.

(Sam Bates had to give up due to promotion at work, by the way.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Marketram

We could get rid of all the 6 players that you list, find another £xx,xxx.xx and still not

be able to sign this mysterious half back.

One other problem, we would not have enough players for a reserve team. Never mind,

we could do a Sheffield and withdraw from the competition.

Reynolds is now back with Leigh & in contention for the Halifax game.

What!! Dewsbury's Marquee signing gone :download:  

:tease: You can't make this stuff up!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

But Brad Delaney gets his chance and could be quite easily do the job... Games bread confidence and experience for these younger lads. He needs a big run of games at this level to improve, who knows he may be the treasure of our season if we give him his chance! Same goes for Glover. Let's have faith in Brad and let him grow???

Aye, and he's not even been trained to carry the water yet. Still, he'll get plenty of chance of doing that at Leigh. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

But Brad Delaney gets his chance and could be quite easily do the job... Games bread confidence and experience for these younger lads. He needs a big run of games at this level to improve, who knows he may be the treasure of our season if we give him his chance! Same goes for Glover. Let's have faith in Brad and let him grow???

Does that include not getting on his back when he has a poor game, which he will from time to time?

BISSA BISSA BISSA .

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

But I remember a Dewsbury fan saying because it were a season long loan he couldnt be recalled............

Hopefully good news for us though as it probably weakens leigh's team a little bit.

But I remember a Dewsbury fan saying because it were a season long loan he couldnt be recalled............

Hopefully good news for us though as it probably weakens leigh's team a little bit.

You can't resist can you,your not exactly setting the championship alight are you. I hope Ben Reynolds play's and destroy's you. No Scott Murrell today.

Delaney out of his depth against the top sides yet.He got targeted yesterday due to his size needs a few more shredies

Whoops... not nearly enough by the looks of it :lol:

Thanks GF, we stuck at it I'm sure Coolie will give you the full match report ;)

Heard that Reynolds had a good game today outshone Gaz Moore by all accounts, no doubt blue is will say otherwise. Well done today PM.

Was the person on drugs? Reynolds was nearly invisible.  Moore was once again in our top 3 players as he has been every game, quality player its just a shame some of our other players are not playing at the same standard as him.

Archived