Today

Townie123

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fryer talking on radio saying it's more of a mental attitude problem than physical, just seemed upbeat and chuffed with bagging World Cup game.

he was upbeat and telling everyone how well hed done when he bagged latu. Never takes any blame with the poor numbers and fielding 14 though.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

We will have to wait until some of the lads who have been to the game, start posting then we will get the facts.

no ones really commenting on todays game as we all expected to lose. But we are getting cut well adrift now.

Fair play if anyone did ...

Big pitch .. Big team bad 20 mins in discipline it was bound to blow out - encouraging that we scored 3 could have scored 5 I guess so Forber and Doran must be improving, thus with us slowing it down on last all first half with grubbers to touch .. Which yes declines their back 3 of the ball but also played you at 4 tackles :)

Jarred stack missing was strange as he was quoted as back in the press .. The players are in a hole at the minute regarding winnable games so we can't expect anything else .. Purtell impressed with effort so that's all we as supporters can ask for .

I don't know how long veivers will be in this job for .. But the longer he keeps it we ain't going anywhere fast I'm afraid .. I'd say we're 95 percent relagated .. Yes lots of games to go but not many winnable ones as the gulf in class is too great ...

Could do with some answers as to what the coach is going to do to improve things ... International rugby league at zebra claims is interesting in November ... I bet the players wish he would spend 6 months on getting improving the team :(

Not going to get answers Townie, as prestigious as the The Scotland v New Zealand game is for the area, I would rather have Championship rugby to look forward to next season.

I've said before that no way am I paying to watch Championship 1 rugby and I'll be sticking to my word.

Be interesting to see how many others feel the same.

We need action, not words, we have the worst points conceded total in the league and defence wins matches, I maintain Vevers is not the man to see the club through this bad patch and we will continue to go backwards unless changes are made

Well it's a good job we were working on our defence for a fortnight or it could have been double that!

PV must either have lost the dressing room or his tactics are just wrong. I was in the don't sack him team but I've defected. It's time for him to go.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

It was disappointing to hear Purtell talk about how half hearted and poor our warm up was, he isn't the first guest commentator to remark on it this year. It's the little things like that which show the unprofessional attitude that permeates through the club. Surely if people like Purtell, Rowley and Fieldhouse pick up on these things then our coaches should as well ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

After a long spell working in China where internet is restricted I have just got back into the rugby crack. What has happened to the team. I knew things were bad but this bad never, I was looking to come back home to a team that was picking up points here and there but this is really bad. The sad thing is my dad and his mates have stopped going after years of support but he tells me that it's The BOD & PV who are to blame not the players. It's a shame

After a long spell working in China where internet is restricted I have just got back into the rugby crack. What has happened to the team. I knew things were bad but this bad never, I was looking to come back home to a team that was picking up points here and there but this is really bad. The sad thing is my dad and his mates have stopped going after years of support but he tells me that it's The BOD & PV who are to blame not the players. It's a shame

your dad is bang on mate. Both the bod and coach have let the players and fans down big time.

The only way we'll part company with Vievers is for him to fall on his sword and I can't see that coming. If he's dismissed the club would have to pay his contract up and they keep telling us the well is dry. There's a further complication if the St. Helens craic is true-presumably any D.R.will have been negotiated with Viever's  involvement --would it still stand if he went?Maybe Saints could loan us a coach?!   Red Hall have shown their contempt for our outpost yet again by leaving us without a home fixture for 5 weeks meaning no means of generating any income stream through the gate. I have no beef with the players-they simply cannot cope with better funded -better managed-and better coached outfits. As Wonky says- the obese Lady has polished her helmet and is stepping into the spotlight with her microphone  :shout:

result was more or less what i was expecting today  .  everyone else can somehow pull off shock results like swinton have done today ., unfortunately we never seem to be able to do it and until we do it looks like we are doomed .we are well detached and are now depending on 2 teams imploding which is very doubtful . if we go down it will be no easy job to get a quick promotion as most of the decent players will move on . i for one however will still go down to watch the town as i have done for the last 53 years , whether we stay up or not ...............just one point though we all seem to think pv / the board / certain players are the reason we are in this mess which is all well and good , but if it is as easy as that  to turn a season round , i am sure leeds and huddersfield would have done it by now ......we are not the only ones !

Big difference is Ivan that the chances of Huddersfield or Leeds being relegated and losing the sky tv money is probably nil as they will still have more than enough in their locker to beat the championship team in the million pound game.

We on the other hand are automatically relegated, no chance of bluffing our way through a play off challenge to maintain our league position, it's win or bust and we are heading for the trap door with over seas players on contracts that still have to be paid up!

I sincerely hope the BOD have a plan B to account for relegation, but I very much doubt that as I don't think we have a plan A

result was more or less what i was expecting today  .  everyone else can somehow pull off shock results like swinton have done today ., unfortunately we never seem to be able to do it and until we do it looks like we are doomed .we are well detached and are now depending on 2 teams imploding which is very doubtful . if we go down it will be no easy job to get a quick promotion as most of the decent players will move on . i for one however will still go down to watch the town as i have done for the last 53 years , whether we stay up or not ...............just one point though we all seem to think pv / the board / certain players are the reason we are in this mess which is all well and good , but if it is as easy as that  to turn a season round , i am sure leeds and huddersfield would have done it by now ......we are not the only ones !

We are the only ones in this league though marra ,and that's all that matters to me. As for Leeds and Huddersfield ,their fall from grace has followed on from periods of success--they have coaches who have actually achieved things before this blip. I too have been dragging my carcass through the turnstile for almost 6 decades now and believe it or not I have known worse times. Standing in the hammering rain and howling gale watching Town being stuffed on a swamp by Blackpool Borough isn't easily forgotten. Therein lies the problem --- the faithful 500 have too many of us wrinklies swelling the ranks and advancing years and diminishing funds will make me question the 80 mile round trip I have been making for the last 40odd years to watch Town take on sides in Champ 1 who probably couldn't beat Maryport or Kells.  Probably better-and cheaper-and more entertaining ,to watch Maryport or Kells !!  What I'm saying ,though,is that us pig-headed -died -in-the wool Townies (Genuine ones !) can't take this Club forward on misguided loyalty. What incentive is there for the young blades to nail their colours to the mast when all that this Club is serving up is failure?

Archived