Today

Townie123

When the RFL done their review in West Cumbria, didn't their document state a predicted average attendance of around 3k? Based on the catchment area and world cup crowds etc?

I think it is very achievable if the time and effort is spent by the RFL.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you start your post of well then fall away. Haven in Blackpool and at DP. Batley and rams up here London away Oldham away Swinton up here are winnable then the 8's. However I do think cumbrian teams leaving this league is inevitable due to low budgets and distance from the rest geographically

come on mate theres not a chance were travelling down to london and beating the form team in the league

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

come on mate theres not a chance were travelling down to london and beating the form team in the league

There's not a chance we are travelling anywhere and beating anybody the way things are going.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

no not as things stand I agree. However with a bit of fresh blood and a bit of luck with injuries and some form who knows.......

Every team has injuries

To be fair ours haven't been that bad

I'm such of hearing about injuries

How about hearing off the coach what he's doing both long or short term to improve things ... Bringing someone from crusaders obviously wasn't the answer

Local lad Ritson not in the team again ... But the physio was !!!!

How many of the current 2 squads are good enough to play SL

Your question should be how many are good enough to play in the championship league?

Swinton, Oldham, Batley etc, have only improved  because they can recruit ready made ex S/L & CHAMPIONSHIP players you could not expect local amateurs to step right into championship level,  also D/R players are willing to go these clubs because there is little or no travelling involved for training or playing, we have to except that  we live in the  ass hole of the R/L world and can't  attract players.   

How many of the current 2 squads are good enough to play SL?

HW

the physio is not the physio  if that makes sense

he is an accomplished player at a higher level that is playing again after injury and other things to concentrate on

Negativity is certainly infectious 

We are cut adrift at the bottom of the league, apparently have no money, are playing absolutely rubbish with no signs of any improvement over the weeks, have a coach that the players don't like and are looking like relegation certainties. That's fact, not negativity.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

We are cut adrift at the bottom of the league, apparently have no money, are playing absolutely rubbish with no signs of any improvement over the weeks, have a coach that the players don't like and are looking like relegation certainties. That's fact, not negativity.

spot on Derwent old lad nowt like saying it just as it is pal.

So ritson sits out another year from playing

Baffling to go from best player on the pitch against Leigh to not in the squad , someone on here said it was for dropping a bomb at swinton ? who doesn't drop a bomb from time to time and one was totally missed yesterday that cost try's  , ritsons speed and tackling /defence is better as we've seen at dp lately , forrester due back very soon so wonder whats going to happen ? certainly don't need DR on wing cover you would think ? half backs seemed to play well enough yesterday so i'd say its a problem with forwards not being whiley enough or dominating and getting the field position , penalties penalties and more penalties lose town games and where is the offload game ? there doesn't seem to be one ? I still say it can be clawed back but time is quickly running out , maybe sheffield and Batley will put the lads back on track , 2 very crucial games that will probably decide if things are  moving forward or its over .

Ye, I would definitely say your a glass half full type of bloke Mouse just hope your optimism is well founded son.

you get used to it , this current squad sometimes look down and out but we've seen 2 seasons back against FEV that started the 7 game run and last season a similar run kicked in albeit sammut influenced so its a bit o' summet ta cling til

So was it Alex soztak or Tom walker ? Or both ?

I wonder where the don't panic boys are now who all winter abused me calling me this and that ... I take no pride in being right but jeez you could see it a mile off

ye, must have been Walker I heard his name mentioned but not Szostack.

Archived