Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Rant thread

9 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

And on that street there's (or used to be) a company with the name of "2nd star on the right & straight on till morning". 

Now that's an address and a half... 

2nd star on the right & straight on till morning,

Land of Green Ginger,

'ull 😉

Sounds like someone giving directions in some psychedelic Sci-fi novel doesn't it? 

"Nar then lad, you go down there til you reach the 2nd star on the right then go straight til morning and that's when you'll get to the land of green ginger!" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Sounds like someone giving directions in some psychedelic Sci-fi novel doesn't it? 

"Nar then lad, you go down there til you reach the 2nd star on the right then go straight til morning and that's when you'll get to the land of green ginger!" 

It's from Peter Pan. It's the directions to Neverland.

Neverland = 'ull 😉

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

57 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Neverland = 'ull 😉

Nextyearland = Warrington. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

I need some advice/help.

Every few nights my dog senses the presence of a cat in our garden at circa 11 TO 1 pm.

The dog goes barmy and I have to let him into the garden to check.Obviously the cat has long gone.

Now my question is:

Can I catch the cat in a humane trap,half drown it with the hose and then let it go hopeful not to return.

Can I catch it in the same trap,drive 30 miles away and let it go.

As much as I don't like cats I don't want to hurt one.

Anybody help.

Or should I buy a gun?

29 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I need some advice/help.

Every few nights my dog senses the presence of a cat in our garden at circa 11 TO 1 pm.

The dog goes barmy and I have to let him into the garden to check.Obviously the cat has long gone.

Now my question is:

Can I catch the cat in a humane trap,half drown it with the hose and then let it go hopeful not to return.

Anybody help.

Or should I buy a gun?

You sure it’s a cat?  That’s peak fox time as well. 

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

Look for fox droppings. They have a characteristic shape, it turns out. We thought next doors cat was using our grass as a toilet. Camera trap revealed that it was two foxes. 

• Like 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

8 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I need some advice/help.

Now my question is:

Anybody help.

Or should I buy a gun?

Just shoot it! 

• Like 1

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

8 hours ago, ckn said:

You sure it’s a cat?  That’s peak fox time as well. 

I've actually seen the cat a few times,I just can't catch the ######.

I posted this on the Tory Party thread mentioning Goldman Sachs and literally seconds later this advert popped up in my Twitter feed.

GS advert.jpg

Oh come on, I accept that my data will be used to advertise things to me but this is taking the proverbial.

My adverts are heavily loaded with medical products now as my history clearly has me on Twitter associating with NHS and health folk.

And this is why I use noscript on virtually all sites to stop them.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

39 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I've actually seen the cat a few times,I just can't catch the ######.

i had a problem with a cat having a dump in my garden and digging up my spuds and onions every night, tried the pepper,even tried the peeing in corner of the garden as i was told that worked every time, but not for me same thing every night, an old fella told me  to save yer orange peelings and chop them up and scatter in the garden.  job done its not been back since and i eat plenty of oranges so jobs a good un.

• Like 3

FFS, I am so cool today (demeanour, not temp) I have nothing to be angry about. My Brother is a supporter of Bury, and as I haven't spoke to him in 5 years, due to his arrogance, I am not as upset as some people on here. He lives in Swinton, maybe now he can watch something else. 

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

Gemma Collins.

I am tempted to see if she has an autobiography because I absolutely despise the woman but I don't really know why. I would like to at least make an effort to know thy enemy, then my hatred may have merit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More a query I guess . How can you order a book on amazon on 13 Aug , get a dispatch notice on 14 Aug , yet get an arrival date going from the start of September to Sep 10 ? I mean where does it go all that time 

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

More a query I guess . How can you order a book on amazon on 13 Aug , get a dispatch notice on 14 Aug , yet get an arrival date going from the start of September to Sep 10 ? I mean where does it go all that time 

You have to give the delivery driver time to read it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

You have to give the delivery driver time to read it...

That’ll be it , it’s 700 pages with no pictures 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

That’ll be it , it’s 700 pages with no pictures 

No pictures! That rules the delivery driver theory out🙂

My book came ... airmail from Jamaica , New York if there is such a place .  So that may explain the delay . I should scrutinise where my cheap second hand books come from

“Optics”. Unless spirits are coming from them, I’m fed up hearing about them. People trying to use the latest buzzword to sound all fancy when they’re really just talking about how something looks. 

15 hours ago, ckn said:

“Optics”. Unless spirits are coming from them, I’m fed up hearing about them. People trying to use the latest buzzword to sound all fancy when they’re really just talking about how something looks. 

“ bandwidth “ . The bandwidth just isn’t there etc etc . These over clever , pompous sounding words and phrases that come in and suddenly everyone’s talking like this , especially politicians .  You see interviews with some of them going on about brexit in particular and you’ve no idea what the hell language they’re talking in . “ Ring fenced “ is another . Things are always getting ring fenced 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Alaskan bush family(people?} need to get themselves some decent wet gear to protect themselves from the rain when they are pratting around outside .

16 hours ago, ckn said:

These tend to be the people that all claim they love gin and "craft" beers as well and act like they are a completely new thing and they are the ones to have discovered them. Gin was first distilled in the middle ages! "Craft" can go into the category of buzzwords you're talking about as well. "Craft" beer. All they mean is a small, independent brewery. These are not new things! You know what the worst thing is though? When you say you like these things (I hate gin but hypothetically) and people just think you're jumping on the bandwagon when you've actually liked it a long time before all the "Optics" people discovered it! F off, stop lumping me in with all those pretentious #####! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

Someone at work has dumped a manky old washing up bowl and a cup with what can only be described as an alien organism growing in it, in the sink! Worse thing is though, when I moved the washing up bowl there was a massive spider underneath it!

Now I wouldn't say I'm scared of spiders but I am wary, anything with that numbers of eyes can only be up to mischief. They're clearly watching you all the time. To give you an idea of the size we are talking, the mug in question is one of those huge sports direct ones and the spider is about the size of the hole in that. Well I can't fill my bottle up now. I'll just have to die of dehydration! Bloody spiders, coming over here, taking our jobs and our women! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

IT’S BLOODY SEPTEMBER 

On 06/09/2019 at 14:19, DavidM said:

“ bandwidth “ . The bandwidth just isn’t there etc etc . These over clever , pompous sounding words and phrases that come in and suddenly everyone’s talking like this , especially politicians .  You see interviews with some of them going on about brexit in particular and you’ve no idea what the hell language they’re talking in . “ Ring fenced “ is another . Things are always getting ring fenced 

I use bandwidth a lot... along with frequency, symbol rate, FEC and tracking!  They are stealing my words!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!