Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Rant thread

12 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

So, some guy travelling on a train that is going at about 60mph, decides to stick his head out of the window. Lo and behold his head hits a steel pole, he dies and the train company is fined 1 million pound because the warning signs weren't as good as what they should have been. Am I missing something here?????

Yes, you are missing something. There is a bit more to it than that, as this report shows: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49016151

• Like 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

12 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Yes, you are missing something. There is a bit more to it than that, as this report shows: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49016151

I know, I read the article.

So this chap, as well as the general public, need a clear sign to tell them that when a train is travelling at 60mph it is dangerous to stick your head out of the window? I only hope the box of Gillette Quatro razor blades I have just purchased has a warning on saying 'Please do not eat' otherwise I am going to have them up in court after I have necked the pack.

It just winds me up that when people do stupid things it is always someone else's fault when it all goes wrong, and rather take responsibility for their actions they pass the buck to someone else.

16 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I know, I read the article.

So this chap, as well as the general public, need a clear sign to tell them that when a train is travelling at 60mph it is dangerous to stick your head out of the window? I only hope the box of Gillette Quatro razor blades I have just purchased has a warning on saying 'Please do not eat' otherwise I am going to have them up in court after I have necked the pack.

It just winds me up that when people do stupid things it is always someone else's fault when it all goes wrong, and rather take responsibility for their actions they pass the buck to someone else.

Do you think this chap needed a bit more punishment then, in addition to being killed?

Train operators have a duty of care to all people using their services: kids, the elderly, people with learning difficulties, physical disabilities, etc. Saying 'it's just common sense' doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Surely the 'common sense'thingbis not yo have windows that open wide enough for people to put things out?

The fact that they dont could absolutely lead people to think that there is enough space between the train and another object. There is no excuse for the public to be exposed to such danger.

• Like 1

The article points out that the train company has now fitted grills that prevent people sticking their heads out, yet allowing the ability to open the doors when the train arrives in the station. Seems  sensible but too late.

Presumably, there are some who would decry the use of ELCBs and the outlawing of using toasters and electric fires in bathrooms.

• Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

Just seen on the local news that the climate change protesters who have been 'taking action' in Leeds this week staged a mass die in today...........If only.

Or why isn't there a couple of dozen men in New Holland tractor's around when you need them😎

For 47 years I have never had to touch my eyebrows. They've been the same for that long. But now there's a few hairs on either side that had decided to go grey AND GROW QUICKER THAN THE REST! WTF!!! NOW I'VE HAD TO BECOME A PLUCKER!!! 😠

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

For 47 years I have never had to touch my eyebrows. They've been the same for that long. But now there's a few hairs on either side that had decided to go grey AND GROW QUICKER THAN THE REST! WTF!!! NOW I'VE HAD TO BECOME A PLUCKER!!! 😠

Plucking is the beginning of the end. Starts with 2. Then it’ll be 4 ....

Constant grooming required from now on 😂😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Plucking is the beginning of the end. Starts with 2. Then it’ll be 4 ....

Constant grooming required from now on 😂😂

To be truthful my wife clips them but using the word PLUCKER seemed more appropriate in a rant. 😉

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

To be truthful my wife clips them but using the word PLUCKER seemed more appropriate in a rant. 😉

Clipper plucker it doesn’t matter next you’ll be getting manicures and wearing a top bun. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Wait till you start having to do your ears with a garden strimmer😎

I’ve noticed watching the golf that so many top players whack it towards the crowd then just stand there saying nothing . I thought the common courtesy , and I’m no golf expert ,was to shout “ four “ , but it’s almost as if they feel it’s beneath them and they have other people to do everything . So many times folk in the crowd almost get brained and the player just watches it

Edited by DavidM

3 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Clipper plucker it doesn’t matter next you’ll be getting manicures and wearing a top bun. 

No top bun will ever "grace" my skinhead! 😀 

_20190719_120601.JPG

Just remember, you're not a pheasant plucker, you're the pheasant pluckers son, and you're only plucking pheasant till the pheasant plucker comes

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

No top bun will ever "grace" my skinhead! 😀 

_20190719_120601.JPG

You still appear to have the option of a ponytail Wilt. They go well with a bald, or thinly haired crown. 😉

4 minutes ago, longboard said:

You still appear to have the option of a ponytail Wilt. They go well with a bald, or thinly haired crown. 😉

Or comb over my eyebrows 

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Or comb over my eyebrows 

Or comb up from the shoulders.

7 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

ch3lo2m1auvz.jpg

• Haha 3

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

46 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

ch3lo2m1auvz.jpg

Bet he didn't go to Specsavers😎

On 19/07/2019 at 07:20, Wiltshire Rhino said:

You need a beard trimmer... They have attachments for nose/eye brows/ears... Plucking is for pheasant plucker and their sons

Back in May 2019 I applied to Hastings Council for a Discretionary Housing Payment, to be paid from June 18th. This was awarded at the small amount of £5 per week. To date, despite numerous phone calls, and assurances from council officials that it will be paid, I have yet to receive a penny. This is despite the council assuring me for the last 3 weeks that the payment will be in my account "next Tuesday" for the last 3 weeks, it still hasn't appeared. 

I am therefore sitting in the Town Hall until payment is made & the funds have cleared my account. No more promises of payment. I want actual payment before I go home.

It is only £5/wk, but it is the principle.

• Like 4

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

25mph on an open clear stretch of road, in good conditions and little traffic is not acceptable when in a national speed limit zone. 😠

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb