Featherstone Game

andyram

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next season will be the one to really worry about, however - smaller budget to be used in our astute recruitment programme.

Do you have any signed on already for next season?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Cheer up Nick, it might never happen.

We'll be seventh/eighth with 'Haven, Workington, Swinton and Sheffield below us. Next season will be the one to really worry about, however - smaller budget to be used in our astute recruitment programme.

Assumed it would be bigger with the A team shut down. Quite early to be setting budgets , I take it this is from inside the club ?

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Assumed it would be bigger with the A team shut down. Quite early to be setting budgets , I take it this is from inside the club ?

My comment was based upon our probable position, which determines the income from the league, hence our budget.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

To sum up we were terrible, the ref was a tad harsh on us I feel. Looking forward to seeing the Crookes and Adamson binnings again tbh. Putting that to ome said our attacking play and ball retention was terrible and no wonder we ran out of steam we hardly had the ball and the possession stats must have been shocking. Don't understand why Speakman and Teanby weren't in the side. Wouldn't play kain but if glovers out the only other option is to bring delaney back and don't think he's quite ready for this division. Having said that couldn't be worse than the current performances. How we miss Reynolds.

Don't know about Speakman but Teanby has been carrying a shoulder injury. Adamson was unfortunate to be caught by a lengthy team warning, so a regulation penalty was converted to a sin-binning.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The extra money seems to have done Sheffield little good . We need to be smarter with what we have. Batleys budget I would assume is in the same ballpark as ours , looking at the league table and performances you wouldn't guess. Next week may well tell a story.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Oh and also noticed etu defended the exact same way as morton which suggests it's either strange coaching or my thought they don't trust the players inside of them to tackle the player

That would be Grady and Kain then - uaisale saved two or three certain tries with interventions though - all a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Some players can do it, some patently can't.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

That would be Grady and Kain then - uaisale saved two or three certain tries with interventions though - all a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Some players can do it, some patently can't.

I thought that Grady put in a massive tackling stint on Sunday, equivalent to any second rower. Our problem is that other players don't know how to fill in for others when they are pulled out of position. It is the difference between putting in a good individual performance and playing for the team. Subtle but significant.

I thought that Grady put in a massive tackling stint on Sunday, equivalent to any second rower. Our problem is that other players don't know how to fill in for others when they are pulled out of position. It is the difference between putting in a good individual performance and playing for the team. Subtle but significant.

Following the critical posts on here regarding Gradys tackling ..... of which i disagreed ... I specifically watched his tackling on Sunday!! ...  as BSJ says .... Grady's tackling was excellent ..... Grady can tackle!!   Kain can't ...  players get pulled out of shape to cover Kains  tackling frailty .... so Kain  has to compensate with creative flair ... and GM has to have a plan!! ... after all it is a team game

Three's no doubt we were very poor on attack (and lack of ball for lengthy periods in the first half, coupled with the penalties issued to us, didn't help), but the defence seemed generally improved on past games. We started as though we meant to hit Featherstone hard, but it kind of fizzled out with the referee's disagreement with us.

Probably the highlight of the day was before the game even got under way; I refer to the brass band and noted one of our South Stand brethren puffing away. I always like to hear a brass band play as I think it stimulates fond memories in some of us, especially those who remember the Whit walks.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Kain rarely comes 2nd when t'feight starts... hard as bloody nails that little bug ger

You had him at his best Robin, offers very little to us and defence is shocking. As he never been able to tackle?? The Kain I remember before he signed for us was the Kain who regularly bagged an hattrick against us and destroyed us. Unfortunately I think them days are well behind him now. Fev deserved the win but Dews didn't help themselves nor did the ref. The ref can't be at fault every week can he??? whatever were doing what's so criminal Morro needs to get into the players to cut it out because every week it seems we're getting hammered by penalties. Not saying the ref was perfect but are we Angels??? Roll on Batley, hopefully we can score some tries this week as I don't think our defence was too bad Sunday. Cut the pens, hold the ball and be more creative on top of a good kicking game and no out on the full kicks or dropped balls should see is home! Sounds easy don't it?

like I said before if you watch Grady he can tackle and puts some monster hits in Andy kain cannot tackle a hot dinner mind

like I said before if you watch Grady he can tackle and puts some monster hits in Andy kain cannot tackle a hot dinner mind

I was just responding to the point that "Etu defended like Morton" - he didn't because he actually prevented some tries with timely interventions. It seems the default position on here is to blame our susceptibility to tries on the wide right on Andy Kain, and Thackery before him, but as BSJ has pointed out, you can't blame one player when others (including Grady) are guilty of carrying out the defensive  patterns ineffectively  The question is, if AK is regarded to be defensively weak, why is he allowed to be so regularly targeted - wouldn't it make sense to keep him in the middle out of harms way when we are defending the line ? 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Cheer up Nick, it might never happen.

We'll be seventh/eighth with 'Haven, Workington, Swinton and Sheffield below us. Next season will be the one to really worry about, however - smaller budget to be used in our astute recruitment programme.

Who are we beating to reach this lofty position BSJ?

Workington away maybe winnable, maybe Swindon at home but can't see any other points coming our way. Two from Swinton / Oldham / workington/ Whitehaven will pick up more points than us in this weeks bonus games.

Rest assured that I am not gloomy though, I see relegation as means to an end.......

Archived