Rams

billybulldog

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browny stated he wouldn't leave us for another Championship club. This was months ago he said it. You can't fault a guy for having ambition but the only way to play SL is to sign for a SL team. Nobody will go up or come down. Therefore he would only leave us for a SL team with a secure deal (Ie no get out clause)

we'd have to fill a lot of jam jars to get that lad

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

I see Joel Farrell has been charged for his 'tackle' on Chandler. No early guilty plea available either coz he's a naughty boy, but we all knew that anyway.

It was a bad challenge & he'll take his punishment that's coming his way. Don't you think Joel Farrell's becoming a bit of a obsession with you?

And Keegan Hirst is up for entering the field of play without permission. 1 or 2 games,early guilty plea available. Must have been at the end as ref gave a penalty before game officially ended.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

And Keegan Hirst is up for entering the field of play without permission. 1 or 2 games,early guilty plea available. Must have been at the end as ref gave a penalty before game officially ended.

I didn't see it myself Colin it was a supporter from Fev that pointed it out.

dont you think hes becoming a liabilty for you?

Tbh mate no,i watch him every week & he does more good than bad,pity we haven't more players that play with his passion.

What is it coming to when a player can run the risk of a 2 match ban for coming on the field (why, where and when? Did he interfere with play or nut anybody?) whilst 2 Super Duper League players can knock umpteen bells out of each other and get 1 match. The RFL is going absolutely bonkers, me thinks Koukash had a very salient point when he said they weren't fit for purpose. AND as somebody said, I think we're getting a bit carried away with Mr. Farrell, he's always hard, puts in a tremendous amount of effort, and to see it not backed up by those around him is bound to wind him up, but I think we should remember that when walking out onto the pitch at the beginning of the game I'm sure no player is thinking to himself 'boy can't wait to get stuck into so and so and break his arms', it's heat of the moment stuff usually. As Graham said, what's done is done and he'll take what comes and get on with it.

Every player who steps over that line at the start of a game deserves our respect. Most of us are simply keyboard warriors, fighting our personal battles through the bravery of others. I know that I could never have stood up to the physical and mental challenge of one single game, and these blokes do it week in, week out for a fairly limited reward.

They deserve our utmost respect, as well as continual forthright criticism because that has always been the relationship between those who watch and those who battle on our behalf.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Every player who steps over that line at the start of a game deserves our respect. Most of us are simply keyboard warriors, fighting our personal battles through the bravery of others. I know that I could never have stood up to the physical and mental challenge of one single game, and these blokes do it week in, week out for a fairly limited reward.

They deserve our utmost respect, as well as continual forthright criticism because that has always been the relationship between those who watch and those who battle on our behalf.

correct so you don't need dirty players doing yer

correct so you don't need dirty players doing yer

Aye - Artie Beetson, Alex Murphy, Vince Karalius, Jim Mills, Malcolm Reilly.......................................the game would have been much richer without the likes of them.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Aye -Artie Beetson, Alex Murphy, Vince Karalius, Jim Mills, Malcolm Reilly.......................................the game would have been much richer without the likes of them.

There have been many many players I've seen over the years both playing against Batley (murphy was an odious little twerp),and against Great Britain,who ive lambasted for playing dirty, but have secretly always wanted playing for my team because of their skill and sheer quality.

Farrell isn't one of them BSJ.

But to be fair to the lad, he isn't really fit to lace the above named boots is he?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Aye - Artie Beetson, Alex Murphy, Vince Karalius, Jim Mills, Malcolm Reilly.......................................the game would have been much richer without the likes of them.

How can you put Joel Farrell in the same league as Mal Reilly

More chance of him being in same league as dale Laughton but that's a off chance..

An excellent post.

But just as an afterthought, the same players don't need pointless cheap shots inflicted on them by fellow players, whoever the pseudo-hardmen maybe, to make the game much harder do they?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

There have been many many players I've seen over the years both playing against Batley (murphy was an odious little twerp),and against Great Britain,who ive lambasted for playing dirty, but have secretly always wanted playing for my team because of their skill and sheer quality.

Farrell isn't one of them BSJ.

But to be fair to the lad, he isn't really fit to lace the above named boots is he?

As you will know EC I was making a much broader point aimed at the more hysterical of your fellow fans rather than attempting to defend any particular player. I don't know of any player in the Championship at present who might even merit comparison with those few that I named.

As you will know EC I was making a much broader point aimed at the more hysterical of your fellow fans rather than attempting to defend any particular player. I don't know of any player in the Championship at present who might even merit comparison with those few that I named.

I take your point.

There will always be players who play on the edge giving cheap shots like sam barlow,gareth hock, joel farrell and others of such ilk just get on with it he'll get is just desserts.lets worry about batley and forget the shams if there happy for him to do it he'll keep getting banned

I can't believe  how many comments Joel has produced from supposedly rugby league fans. Somebody commented earlier and said it is a physical game, admitted the knees were uncalled for but for god's sake Batley Get a life and move on, the more you say the sadder you become.

I can't believe  how many comments Joel has produced from supposedly rugby league fans. Somebody commented earlier and said it is a physical game, admitted the knees were uncalled for but for god's sake Batley Get a life and move on, the more you say the sadder you become.

Calm down, it is a rugby league forum. We are rugby league supporters discussing a rugby league player who plays for another rugby league team who happen to be both our nearest and dearest neighbours and the team we have just played! Nothing sad there! 

Or were you addressing your post to the whole of the town?

l hope you don't think that by posting on here l am making myself even more melancholy!

I can't believe how many comments Joel has produced from supposedly rugby league fans. Somebody commented earlier and said it is a physical game, admitted the knees were uncalled for but for god's sake Batley Get a life and move on, the more you say the sadder you become.

we will never be sad while we keep winning..

It will be interesting come boxing day to see which team he runs out with  

Yes, you're right.

Of course that might also apply to a number of other players. Individuals careers with single clubs are often shorter than our memories fool us they were (or is that just me?)

Archived