Sky: red button.

what happened there, must have missed that

The game was originally scheduled for SS4 as with all Dragons home games. it had been on the tv guide for months,so weeks before i set it to record o my planner, the the day before i flew out to France, i see it has disappeared of my planner, further investigations and a call to SKY confirms that the game had been 'cut' in order to show Spanish football, it wasn't even available on the red button, so off i went, only to find that the day before the game, they had re-instated it back onto the red button with the record function available. no announcement or warning or anything, just disappeared, then reappeared a few days later.

Might seem like something or nothing. but to me it was a farce, i paid for a service i wasn't going to receive.

The game was originally scheduled for SS4 as with all Dragons home games. it had been on the tv guide for months,so weeks before i set it to record o my planner, the the day before i flew out to France, i see it has disappeared of my planner, further investigations and a call to SKY confirms that the game had been 'cut' in order to show Spanish football, it wasn't even available on the red button, so off i went, only to find that the day before the game, they had re-instated it back onto the red button with the record function available. no announcement or warning or anything, just disappeared, then reappeared a few days later.

Might seem like something or nothing. but to me it was a farce, i paid for a service i wasn't going to receive.

thanks mate

I am watching Catalan v Saints on the red button and I've had enough,

so I sent this

I now wish to cancel sky sports from my subscription!

My reason for doing so is, despite the fact that I have been a loyal Sky customer for a long time, I have to watch Rugby league on the red button on a Saturday and also have no ability to pause the programme should I need to do so. Quite obviously you feel that rugby union fans are more valuable customers than I.Being less valued because I pay the same money but quite clearly get less of a service. I only got Sky in the first place because of its Rugby League coverage.

No doubt moving this thread to cross code nonsense at the same time!

TGG can't live with it and have to live without it!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Quite obviously you feel that rugby union fans are more valuable customers than I./quote]

Nail on the head there

So you agree with Sky then TF?

Actually I think you're right about this and everything else too TF!

Good luck with it all!

I think the message might be getting through, now they're showing it later on normal sky sports

Do you mean they're showing a recording later on, or something else?

Do you mean they're showing a recording later on, or something else?

Yes the recording later on which is at least something. I was out for the day at York races so could not watch it on the red button, similarly to their last game, but at least they had the decency this time to put a full replay on the proper channel later on so I could record it

The BBC have a red button channel tucked away on different numbers in the 900's for different platforms. Programmes on here can be recorded on my Sky box.

Why can't sky do this?

You can record games on the red button in fact I did record the Catalans v Saints game.

Does the red button show up on Now TV yet?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Dunno. Just didn't respond to record button.

Thanks for all comments, will try again next time.

Go to TV guide and find the time and channel it's on and press record (even though it says another programmes on). It will then give you the option to choose which programme you want to record.

Archived