Batley Game

andyram

Ah at last Morro is starting to build a team to challenge for the League title :onthequiet:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Ah at last Morro is starting to build a team to challenge for the League title :onthequiet:

Maybe. Which league?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Using only one or all three of the new recruits, I cannot see Dewsbury winning this one as we are too inconsistent. I hope Batley haven't noticed that we are scared of kicks close to our try line.

Batley 24-16 Dewsbury

FTS: Hale

MoM: Sykes

Att: 1227

Hope Oldham beat Whitehaven and Workington can defeat Swinton, otherwise we slip down the league table again.

"Oh Worky, Worky, Worky, Worky, Worky, Workington." !!!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I've tried to be positive about today but my normal optimistic instincts seem to have deserted me. I feel that Sheffield's victory against Fev on Friday will have energised the Dogs so, sadly, I feel that we will lose - again!

Dogs 26 - 16 Rams

Att 1150

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I've tried to be positive about today but my normal optimistic instincts seem to have deserted me. I feel that Sheffield's victory against Fev on Friday will have energised the Dogs so, sadly, I feel that we will lose - again!

Dogs 26 - 16 Rams

Att 1150

I think it could go either way - both previous games close so no reason to suppose today will be any different.

Brad Delaney is on DR at Hemel, Goulding played for us previously and it was a toss up whether he was any better than Schofield (!). As I recall he had a decent kicking game but not much else. Walshaw played against us at Odsal but went off injured after 5 minutes - good lad but is he any better than what we have available.

I believe that Glover is still injured - that's why his run in the 1st team was broken.

Nthing to really excite us here is there? Can't see the Batley faithful quaking in their boots.

+1

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Just lacked a cutting edge, Grady was a big miss, Sykes goal kicking cost us badly, but we don't have a playmaker and it shows. Completion was better, Walshaw and Stringer added some bulk. We need to slow the PTB down, Batley did it very successfully and we didn't. They had lots of quick PTBs we barely had any.

We seem to lack any sort of playing pattern and lack composure near the opposition line. Hard to see much improvement until we get a playmaker.

Just lacked a cutting edge, Grady was a big miss, Sykes goal kicking cost us badly, but we don't have a playmaker and it shows. Completion was better, Walshaw and Stringer added some bulk. We need to slow the PTB down, Batley did it very successfully and we didn't. They had lots of quick PTBs we barely had any.

We seem to lack any sort of playing pattern and lack composure near the opposition line. Hard to see much improvement until we get a playmaker.

Yep. No pattern or tactics as far as I could see and fitness letting us down again after starting like a train. A fully fit team would have exploited a one man advantage down the slope.

Kain had a better game this week but we are still one-dimensional. I know that the Batley fans will be fairly excited to get the two points but I felt that it was a fairly tedious match with little to get the pulses beating. The marginally better of two fairly ordinary sides gained the victory is about all that I can surmise.

Few thoughts from t'other side. Stringer,unfit,end of career job I feel. Walshaw similar but will get there.Groat needs new tackling technique but strong. Conroy ,like him. Glad Grady was out. Your lads were blowing downhill when we turned you round,need a decent/ different fitness coach,theyre not fit.

Should have bet us today,we got out of jail even with 12 men. Just really really wish more of your fans would travel,to all that came ,thank you.Good luck fir rest if season.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Few thoughts from t'other side. Stringer,unfit,end of career job I feel. Walshaw similar but will get there.Groat needs new tackling technique but strong. Conroy ,like him. Glad Grady was out. Pryce...well nuff said. Should have bet us today,we got out of jail even with 12 men. Just really really wish more of your fans would travel,to all that came ,thank you.

good post as usual Mr B.

Same old, same old today. We had the oppurtunity to kill the game off early and we didn't. Similar to the Fev, Sheffield and London fixtures of earlier on this season.

Positives: I thought Spicer was immense as per usual and we out defence was great second half.

No creation though, couldn't spot an over lap if I tried in that 2nd half. Also, Hepworth really didn't look arsed today which is a suprise!

We need to hold down and slow the PTB down more. We let other teams play too quickly whilst being held down. And our kicking game was weak again yesterday.

We seem to lack leadership on the pitch, Sykes seemed to drift out of the game as it went on. What is surprising is given all the shortcomings in the team we still compete in most games.

Few thoughts from t'other side. Stringer,unfit,end of career job I feel. Walshaw similar but will get there.Groat needs new tackling technique but strong. Conroy ,like him. Glad Grady was out. Your lads were blowing downhill when we turned you round,need a decent/ different fitness coach,theyre not fit.

Should have bet us today,we got out of jail even with 12 men. Just really really wish more of your fans would travel,to all that came ,thank you.Good luck fir rest if season.

i agree with almost everything you say apart from the fans thing it looks like we dont bring many as we are scattered all around where as batley all stand together when they come to us

Was disappointed with the result as thought we deserved something from the match. Thought that we made some silly tactical choices though. For the first 20 minutes Sykes was running the show. When Grant got injured we should have put Hale or Spicer to centre rather than Sykes. It wasn't until the last 15 minutes when Sykes went back to playmaker we looked dangerous.

Archived