My third is in Pizza but not in Cheese

My fourth is in Mange Tout but not in Peas

My fifth is in Alan but not in Chris

My sixth is in Cuddle but not in Kiss

My seventh is in Mango but not in Juice

My eighth is in Duckling but not in Goose

So who am I ;)

OMG Sam Tomkins . I can't believe it.

Not as clued up as you lot but personally pleased with the signing of Ben at prop and Leatherbarrow at half back is probably the biggest scoop. The back line isn't too bad but if lippy goes presumably turner will fill that role. Hookers, we've got no issues there. Its the front row forwards Ward is brilliant (voted for him :) langtree needs some support though, what about pinching one off one of the cumvrian sides?

I agree the signings so far are excellent. Id like to see at least one more centre brought in, another winger/fullback and at least one more halfback (not including Leatherbarrow or Hemingway if true), and possibly one utility back, the forwards were fine last season we covered every position, the backs were a different story, we were very light on backs and are still at the moment. There are quite a few options for the back row even now to partner Langers. Thommo, Burke, Spanner possibly with Sammy at loose or any combination you prefer. As the squad stands we have 6 backs and 10 forwards signed. We need more cover in the backs definately imho. Plenty of time yet though. Up the Yeds!

The announcement when Sammy signed was he would play more in the middle,so you may have a point, I would think the positions for Sammy would be 9 or 13, Owen could cover scrum half as could Kenny. Hewitt would be a great signing, suppose it depends on what's on offer to him after being full time.It's more the centres and stand off I worry about. Although Grimmer did a sterling job we only have one genuine centre signed so far and two wingers, assuming Turner goes to FB (I believe Bloomers is available ;)). Get cover for those positions and I would be more than happy. The squad is taking shape nicely, is it the new season yet lol.

PS. Don't think anyone has mentioned but we also have Steven Nield on the staff, wonder if he could have a crack at playing again, could cover most of the back line. Be good to see him in a Yeds shirt again.

Archived