Huddersfield

RogerT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone confirm when we actually play Featherstone. Programme gave one date. Every other game is the weekend of 4th September. Now Keep the faith intimates he's with Fev fans at London before they come to Batley. Confused. But then I easily am these days.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Can someone confirm when we actually play Featherstone. Programme gave one date. Every other game is the weekend of 4th September. Now Keep the faith intimates he's with Fev fans at London before they come to Batley. Confused. But then I easily am these days.

It's the 4 of september we are meeting for a pre match beers in london as we do every year i'm glad we ain't playing monday this year would of missed the game

Can't imagine who set off all this confusion lol :)

This game was a real tale of two halves!

In the first half, Batley looked completely outclassed as Huddersfield cut through their defence. It just looked like the Broncos game all over again.

Then the second half started. Something had happened to our team. Whatever it was, it produced some magical rugby league moments. The team started to play rugby super league style. In attack, they made the ball do some of the hard work. At pace, they passed the ball around and stretched the Huddersfield defence. Suddenly, super league Huddersfield could not cope with Batley playing super league style. Batley took control of the game and Huddersfield never recovered. Although Huddersfield scored a further two tries, both of these came from Batley errors.

With about 30 seconds left on the clock Huddersfield took a restart kick. Who would have thought that Batley could have scored a try before the final hooter? What a magical 30 seconds! It wasn’t just outstanding, it was brilliant.

In this second half, with their superb play, the team reminded us why we finished third in the league table.

Although we lost the game, the team regained their self esteem.

This game was a real tale of two halves!

In the first half, Batley looked completely outclassed as Huddersfield cut through their defence. It just looked like the Broncos game all over again.

Then the second half started. Something had happened to our team. Whatever it was, it produced some magical rugby league moments. The team started to play rugby super league style. In attack, they made the ball do some of the hard work. At pace, they passed the ball around and stretched the Huddersfield defence. Suddenly, super league Huddersfield could not cope with Batley playing super league style. Batley took control of the game and Huddersfield never recovered. Although Huddersfield scored a further two tries, both of these came from Batley errors.

With about 30 seconds left on the clock Huddersfield took a restart kick. Who would have thought that Batley could have scored a try before the final hooter? What a magical 30 seconds! It wasn’t just outstanding, it was brilliant.

In this second half, with their superb play, the team reminded us why we finished third in the league table.

Although we lost the game, the team regained their self esteem.

well said yorkdog, you should do the match reports, what you have put could even give team confidence against fev in our nxt game. Imo of course

Personally was a tale of 1 half

Huddersfield rattled almost an half century down hill

And switched off

Job done

Batley's second half resurgence was simply down to Huddersfield switching the game off

I've seen batley play loads better this season... And what's definitely missing at the moment

The tenaciousness has gone since hitting the 8's

Whether they regard the 8's as mission accomplished and anything else is a bonus

The urgency needs to comeback and hopefully they can get Salfords scalp.

Personally was a tale of 1 half

Huddersfield rattled almost an half century down hill

And switched off

Job done

Batley's second half resurgence was simply down to Huddersfield switching the game off

I've seen batley play loads better this season... And what's definitely missing at the moment

The tenaciousness has gone since hitting the 8's

Whether they regard the 8's as mission accomplished and anything else is a bonus

The urgency needs to comeback and hopefully they can get Salfords scalp.

fair comment on someone watching the game without the rose tinted glasses of a true fan, although I liked the sparkly star shaped Elton John style sunglasses you were using :sungum:  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Is coolie gonna shun the south stand drongos for an invigorating 9'hole in 2017. Thats the million dollar question. ...

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I think he will/could.

deffo he's warming to it and when he opens that season ticket on Christmas morning.... :girlinlove:  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just gfdu, bsj, equalizer, morti, shipley ram and everyones favourite crb check nightmare "townie" to go!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Is coolie gonna shun the south stand drongos for an invigorating 9'hole in 2017. Thats the million dollar question. ...

When hell freezes over

Or

When I discover a 23 year old swedish Virgin in batley

Or

A unicorn riding a unicycle

Out of the 3

The last one has most chance at Mount Pleasant ;)

I enjoy my days out at batley

Now the hives dont come out when standing close to a batley shirt

I only get a little itchy now

;)

deffo he's warming to it and when he opens that season ticket on Christmas morning.... :girlinlove:

I'm struggling justifying buying a season ticket for my own team

So the prospects of my buying a batley one...

Is highly unlikely

Anyway

You could be worse than us next season

These untried coaches are a aquired taste ;)

Who,s that then phil Leeds v Salford , or do you the mean the wooden spoon cup final

Judging by the way that Phil spelled it I though he was referring to the over-crowded code.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

There's a whip-round in the South Stand on Monday to buy him a Dogs season ticket.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived