Huddersfield

RogerT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At half time looked like a long drive to witness a complete embarrassment  but credit to the lads for the second half performance. They showed lots of spirit and kept playing to the end and that last try was worth the trip by itself! Great to meet some forum members I hadn't met before and put faces to the names!  Hope to be back for the Salford game.

Glad you got home safe and sound. I assume you went home last night, I staggered home.

Yes we are a great friendly bunch, although I didn't see Distantdog from Gateshead.

Cheers Roger.

Glad you got home safe and sound. I assume you went home last night, I staggered home.

Yes we are a great friendly bunch, although I didn't see Distantdog from Gateshead.

Cheers Roger.

Holiday commitments Roger so couldn't make it this week.Hopefully will be there next week though,same table!

LOL DD if you turn up next week you will be on your own it's CC time.

Oh yes same table next match.

Cheers Roger.

Taking the two showednegativity and gave out the wrong message. Second half really showed the bulldog spirit and the introduction of young Harrison gave us a real boost.

Or perhaps it showed misplaced confidence that it would be a tight match.  I don't think that it's negative to take a "gift" in front of the posts when it's 0-0.

Shame we got blown away in the first half as the second half was entertaining. Decent crowd and a good effort from the club to entertain with the youngsters and bouncy castles etc. I could get used to this :)

I went to Halifax, but perhaps I should have gone up t'Mount to watch PM on the bouncy castle with the youngsters and a decent crowd watching him!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

He was the bouncy castle ;)

Oh ha ha ha

last time you get a go for free then cheeky :onthequiet:  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

And the 1

Was me ;)

Child gave you nothing

Countless forward passes missed

Lost count on offsides

First half every mistake batley made was punished with a try

Job done for Huddersfield at halftime and didn't break sweat second half

Piggy is still gutted with my offer of giving batley 50 start

And not taking it

So the 10p remains in my pocket

;)

There is no such thing as forward passes where super league clubs are involved Coolie. We at Fev can testify to that. We conceded 62 in our first two outings and had you knocked off the points scored whereby there had been a forward pass in the build up then we might be top of the super eights but only just lol.

Just read the rugby league weekly

Does the headline really do Batley a disservice

'Giants take Bulldogs for a stroll in the park '

Yes they won the first half easily probably to easily but ....they lost the 2nd half by 26 points to 10 . Now their a super league team full time and they should be fitter that Batley .they weren't Batley finished looking fitter and on top !

Not the headline the Batley players deserved in my opinion !

Clearly they didn't do much strolling uphill in the 2nd half. 2 tries, one a length of field effort off strong pressure from us as well! Regarding the 2 points early on, I always advocate coming away from your opponents' line with something. If you concede possession on the 6th you are already defending and open to a break away, yet a penalty or drop goal puts you on the board and you get the ball back (99.999% of the time) so you're already attacking.

The first half downhill the Giants were very quick and the Ref ignored our cries of "Forward" on nearly every break primarily because he was trying to catch them up! Even my unbiased Dewsbury "I got in for a fiver" friend, thought we were hard done to! And TBH the BBC put up the same sort of headlines on their RL page too and whilst no one would argue the score line reflected a tonking our second half performance should have earned (as it did from the Giants coach) some credit, even if the SL club had switched off a bit :codemafia:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Bbc super league show showed footage from the qualifier fixtures. Thankfully giants and us looked as bad as each other when it came to defence.

Saying that the week off surely is needed to recharge the batteries and work on our bruised ego.

The last 2 batley tries are worth a watch. Patch chip over downhill from 20m, brown gathers to feed scotty

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived