Super 8's Final in Toulouse, France - Barrow or Rochdale ?

The RFL regs on DR can be found on their site tho' I have to say it's easier to understand the working of the female mind than the complexities of DR !

As I understand it only two DR players qualify to play in the play-offs and they are Lineham (Warry/ Hornets) and Palaaesaena (Hull / Donny).

Does any form of DR operate down-under Snowman ?

Didn't Paleasaena play for Hull against Saints that rules him out.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RFL regs on DR can be found on their site tho' I have to say it's easier to understand the working of the female mind than the complexities of DR !

As I understand it only two DR players qualify to play in the play-offs and they are Lineham (Warry/ Hornets) and Palaaesaena (Hull / Donny).

Does any form of DR operate down-under Snowman ?

I dunno.  The NRL teams run a reserve grade competition called Queensland Cup and NSW Cup. Players appear free to move between the two without restrictions on their contracts. In terms of eligible players in the play offs and finals, I'd imagine there would be limits on "stacking" sides with players who have not been part of the seasons campaign, by dropping players down.

There is a big gap between these levels and lower tiers, so I cannot imagine NRL players dropping below the reserve grades.

Didn't Paleasaena play for Hull against Saints that rules him out.

Why would that rule him out?

I dunno. The NRL teams run a reserve grade competition called Queensland Cup and NSW Cup. Players appear free to move between the two without restrictions on their contracts. In terms of eligible players in the play offs and finals, I'd imagine there would be limits on "stacking" sides with players who have not been part of the seasons campaign, by dropping players down.

There is a big gap between these levels and lower tiers, so I cannot imagine NRL players dropping below the reserve grades.

Why would that rule him out?

Once the 8s start I thought players/clubs have to make a choice and you can play for one or the other but not both.

I can't see any dual registration players for Rochdale or Barrow in the list.

Does anyone know if Rochdale and Barrow are carrying any injuries?

Toulouse appear to be, and tomorrow will be a tough game against Barrow, with everyone ramping up.

The thought that's just occurred to me is what happens if we get the same situation next season with Toronto? How can part-time players get time off from work for two consecutive trips to Canada?

Don't worry it'll all be planned......the week before it happens. This is Rugby League, no time for that forward planning lark.

TO13 38 Barrow 10

Doncaster 34 London 14

Keighley 28 York 16

Rochdale 32 Hunslet 20

How about yourself ?

TO13 28 Barrow 14

Doncaster 32 London 16

Keighley 20 York 24

Rochdale 38 Hunslet 24

I'm not putting any bets on it though !!

Looks like Barrow put up a good fight:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/match/ERLP3936463

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-raiders/article/Barrow-Raiders-run-ended-at-Toulouse-Olympique-051ed917-2bee-4388-87f3-a65c7235e348-ds

TO13 44 Barrow 22

so tonight's the night to see if the Rochdale result makes them travel to the pink city.

A few yellow cards apparently

The TO13 v Barrow game was superb entertainment with Barrow in the game until a couple of lapses in defence let the French in. This could have gone either way but the Toulouse defence held firm. A great game for the speccies.

Barrow will take some stopping if they play like that in the remaining games.

Here's hoping Rochdale give it a go and take the game to the French, it's the best chance they have in my opinion.

Just back from a grand weekend taking in Carcassonne v Beziers/TO v Barrow/Stade Toulousian vToulon.This provided a fascinating contrast between the codes...at TO 1161 lucky fans saw an enthralling game which produced 12 tries/8 conversions..66 points all arising from open rugby.A full house at Stade Ernest Wallon of 18839 watched a stop/start game with 27 points coming from penalties (57%) ...only 3 tries scored.

The only tickets on sale on the day at the Stade game were an eye watering 50 or 70 euros compared to the max of €20 at TO....surely TO can tap into the RU XV fan base ...the market is surely there for a potential Championship/Super League team to build on the Catalan experience.

The potential is there as shown last time around with TO13 with crowds of between 2K - 4K for some of the games involving Championship sides. Crowds will return if they are dished up what was served against Barrow. A great game as you say though sadly not all C1 teams have come down with the same attacking principles as the Raiders. The set-up at Toulouse is good and sponsors are a plenty at the moment so the near future is bright at least.

Toulouse voted club of the year, Sylvain coach of the year & Johno player of the year at last nights awards!

Sensational.  I wish them luck for Saturday's final against Rochdale.

I expect Rochdale to be very much improved on their previous encounter, so Toulouse will have to lift their game to win.  

But I'm not expecting Kilshaw's tactics to be anything less than major " in your face" aggression to upset the opposition. We'll see if he changes tactics to free flowing ball or not.

Saturday's weather is expected to be cool at 21C unlike the Barrow game at 30C

I respect Barrow and their coach:

Barrow Raiders boss Paul Crarey proud of team's effort against champions Toulouse 

Here's the highlights :  

Here's the full game : 

Johnno Ford won the best player award though in reality anyone of at least six TO13 players could have legitimately won the award. Kheirallah and Minga have been outstanding as has captain Seb Planas, youngsters Clémént Boyer and Mourad Kriouache though my player of the season for Championship 1 would have been 2ns rower Rhys Curran, an unsung hero who never has a bad game and is probably responsable for the biggest number of tries score either directly or indirectly as well as being superb in defence. he reminds me very much of Sir Steve Menzies. I love watching him play as his positional sense is a different class. His link up play with Greg White and Kuni Minga has been excellent. Unfortunately being a 2nd rower isn't a 'sexy' position so I suppose players like him will never get the plaudits...

Archived