Super 8's Final in Toulouse, France - Barrow or Rochdale ?

Should be an interesting encounter. Rochdale have quality players so I hope the tactics are free flowing rather than more physical and slow paced as before. Toulouse are beatable if they are put under pressure.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who will be in the final with Toulouse - Barrow or Rochdale ?

http://www.rugby-league.com/kingstone_press_leagues/league_tables

If Rochdale win the next 2, they are in .

If Barrow win the next 2, they are in

If Rochdale loose 1 and Barrow loose their last game to Toulouse, Barrow are still in

Thoughts?   

Bit confused with this post - I thought Toulouse went up as champions for finishing top after the 8s and the other teams placed 2nd-5th play off for the other promotion spot?

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Bit confused with this post - I thought Toulouse went up as champions for finishing top after the 8s and the other teams placed 2nd-5th play off for the other promotion spot?

1v2 for automatic promotion

Losers join 3,4 and 5 in a knock out. Highest finishing team having home advantage .

ie semi final Losers v 5 and 3v4

Final = winners of those two games for the second promotion place.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Any team is beatable if they are put under pressure. The difficulty is sustaining that pressure for 80mins. Can you see Rochdale being able to do that against Toulouse? 

Well Hunslet kept them under real pressure for 78 minutes and only a moment of real class by Kheirallah saved them.  Rochdale have a great chance if they go for it like Barrow, Hunslet, Donny (twice) and York did for long periods of the games. It's not coincidence that the two teams to visit Toulouse  who played defensively with the slowing down tactics got hammered !

Well Hunslet kept them under real pressure for 78 minutes and only a moment of real class by Kheirallah saved them.  Rochdale have a great chance if they go for it like Barrow, Hunslet, Donny (twice) and York did for long periods of the games. It's not coincidence that the two teams to visit Toulouse  who played defensively with the slowing down tactics got hammered !

In awful weather conditions according to you though? Rochdale absolutely have a chance but as you said, Hunslet managed it for 78mins and lost. Can Rochdale do it for 80mins in France? Big ask for the Hornets and it'll be interesting to see the result.

Toulouse boast an incredible defensive record at home.

In the regular season only two teams scored more than eight points against them (Doncaster and the All Golds in the League and also All Golds in the Challenge Cup). Even Leigh could only muster eight points when they were knocked out of the cup by the French side.

Rochdale are a good side - if they play to their absolute best they could give Toulouse a game but I can't envisage a scenario where Toulouse don't win this quite comfortably. They're too good.

Toulouse 38-12 Rochdale would be my prediction. 

1v2 for automatic promotion

Losers join 3,4 and 5 in a knock out. Highest finishing team having home advantage .

ie semi final Losers v 5 and 3v4

Final = winners of those two games for the second promotion place.

Assuming for the sake of this post (no disresepct Hornets) that Toulouse win this weekend.

That makes the semi final playoffs for promotion

Rochdale v York

Barrow v Doncaster

Correct?

Assuming for the sake of this post (no disresepct Hornets) that Toulouse win this weekend.

That makes the semi final playoffs for promotion

Rochdale v York

Barrow v Doncaster

Correct?

And highest placed of the winners has home advantage in the final place for promotion.

Only York cannot mathematically get a home draw.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Kilshaw would have to be a motivated man to stop the French from getting victory for more reasons than a promotion. He hates their guts, the system of new professional clubs coming on board  in L1, and the recent loss to them would have made him violently determined to reverse it.

On the other hand, Toulouse have to win this game, because a 2nd season in League 1 with Toronto would make them vomit.  I'm not sure if one of their key players Rhys Curran is ok to play. He's been off for 4-5 weeks.

I can imagine no complacency in Toulouse. They know they will be up against a very good side and they will know that an unbeaten record means nothing on the day of this promotion final.

Some questions:

- I'm wondering if Rochdale will be fielding full strength or if they are carrying injuries?  Does anyone know ?

- Was Hunslet v Toulouse a good benchmark?  The conditions were terrible.

- Was Barrow a good benchmark to compare Rochdale ?  - Toulouse are saying they played a great game.

Curran is fit to play as far as I know though his opposite number Jordan Case, who played really well in Toulouse may miss the game through suspension. We will know the squads tomorrow.

Difficult to compare Barrow and Rochdale based on the performances at Toulouse cos' Barrow attacked and tried to match the French for 80 minutes and Rochdale slowed the game down hoping to disrupt the flow; I'm sure the two are evenly matched when they go for it; The table doesn't usually lie.

A bit of motivation for Sylvain & the boys!

http://theseladscanrunfor80mins.blogspot.fr/

Jeez, don't let facts get in the way of a good RL rant...

What is the suggestion for the final anyway? Hold it somewhere neutral like Belgium? The issue is that this bloke's club failed to finish top so didn't get home advantage, I'm assuming he wouldn't be complaining about the raw deal for the TO fans if they'd been the better team.

Na it wasn't slow, just take a look at the game video ...... cough cough : 

Who is this guy : http://theseladscanrunfor80mins.blogspot.com.au/ - he's the same guy that put the earlier blog article up about the Nazis and Toulouse.  Rochdale must employ him to wind up the opposition and spur on the troops with propoganda, and entertain the crowds. 

That was in conjunction with Kilshaw's " kill the French" tactics video , and dirty French http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=284324&page=4

Are they the same person i wonder. Can't imagine Kilshaw would be clever enough to stitch together a piece like that. 

When is the ref going to be announced?  We need a strong ref for this game or Kilshaw will go crazy. He must have the highest number of yellow cards of any club x 2 or 3.

Archived