Super 8's Final in Toulouse, France - Barrow or Rochdale ?

Depends on the tactics from the Hornets.

Either  46 - 6  if they play the same tactics as before

or    32 - 24  if they play like Barrow last week

I just hope it's entertaining as a spectacle, i'm driving 4 hours to watch it !

Rochdale are not Barrow.

Barrow are the second best team in the league AT THE MOMENT.

Whilst Rochdale are rightly second place in the table that is because they were better earlier in the season. Barrow have come good at the important part of the season.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rochdale are not Barrow.

Barrow are the second best team in the league AT THE MOMENT.

Whilst Rochdale are rightly second place in the table that is because they were better earlier in the season. Barrow have come good at the important part of the season.

Time for me to eat humble pie. It looks like I was wrong. Rochdale winning AT TO. With only a few minutes left.

Well done Rochdale!!!!

Ron Banks

Good grief. Are you posting from the 19th century?

They choke over and over and over again. We've seen it countless times with Catalans, we've seen it with Toulouse, the French national team, even Catalans U19s are chokers. It happens in other sports too, look at the football team. I'd be surprised if Toulouse gain promotion now TBH, if they're anything like Catalans they will just go into decline and fall in a heap following this defeat.

They choke over and over and over again. We've seen it countless times with Catalans, we've seen it with Toulouse, the French national team, even Catalans U19s are chokers. It happens in other sports too, look at the football team. I'd be surprised if Toulouse gain promotion now TBH, if they're anything like Catalans they will just go into decline and fall in a heap following this defeat.

England are the biggest chokers in international sport by an absolute mile. Do I really need to recount your most recent major tournament results in RL, RU and football to illustrate the point?

England are the biggest chokers in international sport by an absolute mile. Do I really need to recount your most recent major tournament results in RL, RU and football to illustrate the point?

In "international sport". Really?

Whipped most countries at most sports in Rio I seem to remember.

I don't care about other sports or England's performances. In RL the French have failed to live up to their potential on every single occasion at every single level they've competed.

This was no fluke, Rochdale were awesome and outplayed Toulouse who should have wrapped this game up in the first half but chose to overplay and show total disrespect for Kilshaw's men.

York, Donny & Barrow should take heart from this result as Toulouse are quite capable of slipping up again.

This was no fluke, Rochdale were awesome and outplayed Toulouse who should have wrapped this game up in the first half but chose to overplay and show total disrespect for Kilshaw's men.

York, Donny & Barrow should take heart from this result as Toulouse are quite capable of slipping up again.

Well said, Peter. Are you doing the report? If so, I'm looking forward to good long read.

ps. What do you think about the spectators booing a player who could have been seriously injured? 

Can someone tell me if Toulouse have another chance to be promoted this year or do they need to wait till this time next year?

I presume Toulouse will gave another bite of the cherry against York at home. Just as Hornets would have played again if they had have lost yesterday.

The winner of Toulouse v York will play the winner of Barrow v Doncaster.

I presume Toulouse will gave another bite of the cherry against York at home. Just as Hornets would have played again if they had have lost yesterday.

The winner of Toulouse v York will play the winner of Barrow v Doncaster.

If Toulouse beat York they are at home to either Barrow or Doncaster.

Ron Banks

Well said, Peter. Are you doing the report? If so, I'm looking forward to good long read.

ps. What do you think about the spectators booing a player who could have been seriously injured? 

Hi mate, yes report sent off so I hope it's a fair reflection of the game. Have a go at me if it's not, that's the only way I can improve !

Bentley should have seen red and Planas a yellow for their tackles. The crowd booed because they felt the Rochdale players going down were time wasting which to them is unsportsmanlike ( funny how they didn't boo the Toulouse players after their spear tackles and elbowing !!). In the last meeting Honets went down after every tackle seemingly, Kilshaw adlitted he played such tactics in that game but yesterday the players REALLY were injured, that was obvious though not appreciated by the crowd.

Some serious questions about that Toulouse performance - Houles has done well since taking over as coach and he is very good but  REALLY the coach of the year in C1 when the likes of James Ford, Kilshaw and Crarey have battled through with less quality (arguably) available ? Even if he had won yesterday I  would have doubts about some of his tactics for example : For most of the year the young Anthony Marion has been a stand-out player at 13. When he plays the team has energy and mobility especially when in tandem with Ford etc. Yesterday Marion was named as a sub and his place taken by Con Mika, a good player but not the same kind of player as Marion. The team looked more sluggish and sterile when he played at loose forward. Mika was probably given the nod due to his brace of important tries against Barrow. I reckon this showed disrespect for the young Marion who may have lost some confidence because of it.

I just wonder how the French will react to this. York will be tough but Barrow even tougher if it comes to it.

Interesting times ahead in the South of France methinks !

Hi mate, yes report sent off so I hope it's a fair reflection of the game. Have a go at me if it's not, that's the only way I can improve !

Bentley should have seen red and Planas a yellow for their tackles. The crowd booed because they felt the Rochdale players going down were time wasting which to them is unsportsmanlike ( funny how they didn't boo the Toulouse players after their spear tackles and elbowing !!). In the last meeting Honets went down after every tackle seemingly, Kilshaw adlitted he played such tactics in that game but yesterday the players REALLY were injured, that was obvious though not appreciated by the crowd.

Some serious questions about that Toulouse performance - Houles has done well since taking over as coach and he is very good but  REALLY the coach of the year in C1 when the likes of James Ford, Kilshaw and Crarey have battled through with less quality (arguably) available ? Even if he had won yesterday I  would have doubts about some of his tactics for example : For most of the year the young Anthony Marion has been a stand-out player at 13. When he plays the team has energy and mobility especially when in tandem with Ford etc. Yesterday Marion was named as a sub and his place taken by Con Mika, a good player but not the same kind of player as Marion. The team looked more sluggish and sterile when he played at loose forward. Mika was probably given the nod due to his brace of important tries against Barrow. I reckon this showed disrespect for the young Marion who may have lost some confidence because of it.

I just wonder how the French will react to this. York will be tough but Barrow even tougher if it comes to it.

Interesting times ahead in the South of France methinks !

They better win everything this time. If they don't get promoted they're done.

Last chance for them.

They better win everything this time. If they don't get promoted they're done.

Last chance for them.

One player told me this morning  they showed no respect for the opposition. They thought they couldn't lose but they will not be making the same mistake again.

Archived