Please Help Sheffield Eagles

I wish to apologise to Angelic Cynic. I have read again the initial post and didn't realise it was just fans raising this sum which is a wonderful effort. My original comment was misconceived as I thought it was the club asking for the sum and if so one would expect directors for example to provide the stated amount.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/sheffield-eagles/lifeline-for-sheffield-eagles-as-takeover-talks-begin-but-team-crashes-to-heavy-championship-defeat-1-8132823

I had been reading this type of article which talks about going PT, going into administration to get out of player contracts and using the 20k to get through October.

I wish to apologise to Angelic Cynic. I have read again the initial post and didn't realise it was just fans raising this sum which is a wonderful effort. My original comment was misconceived as I thought it was the club asking for the sum and if so one would expect directors for example to provide the stated amount.

I think you will find it is the club asking.  It is just the loyal fans who are trying to ensure the sum is raised for the club

Here we go again .....

Wow!  It takes a real man to apologise.There was absolutely no need,but

as you are someone who has done so much for the sport,at many points of the compass around this little island

I really want to treasure this for posterity.

I feel I've rubbed shoulders with royalty completely by serendipity.

I think you will find it is the club asking.  It is just the loyal fans who are trying to ensure the sum is raised for the club

Erm,the club have,apparently,had plenty of opportunity to inform the fans.They didn't until the most inconvenient time,just after the major holiday time of year,and with a ridiculous timescale.

The fund was started by supporters and the total will be reached by supporters.

Perfectly timed,as the players who are leaving are being announced.

It's been a blissful year...It's gone from one joy segueing to another. :sclerosis:

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

This evening,the fund set up to help sustain Sheffield Eagles while negotiations were taking place to save the club has reached the requested/required total.

Sincere thanks to all those who have donated.

The latest offf-field news does seem encouraging on another note,

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/sheffield-eagles/sheffield-eagles-more-confident-that-they-will-survive-1-8165084

Thank You,again.

Worryingly only just noticed this thread. Is the fund still open for donations or closed now target reached ?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Worryingly only just noticed this thread. Is the fund still open for donations or closed now target reached ?

The Fund is still open,I believe

There has just been a development.

Please retain your money for the moment until the full implications are clear.

Thanks for your kind considerations,nontheless.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Is that good or bad news?

My opinion would be that it adds to the uncertainty,at an uncertain time,in uncertain circumstances

as the potential investor is someone known to the outgoing CEO.

John Whaling did communicate with supporters.

It would seem,from the Steve Thorpe interview,that he was very busy dealing with the mess he inherited when he returned to the club in the CEO capacity in February.

I would view the whole situation as bad news until contracts are signed and the new investor takes over.

A new board with a bit of vision,not believing the first thing they are told,and finding replacements before they go,would make a refreshing change.

What is the latest news Angelic. There was some positive news out of the council last week, so is the investor back on board?

The investor is still there and in discussions with a now interested council.

The CEO who found the investor has resigned.

A further board meeting is scheduled for tonight and a club statement is expected after that;probably tomorrow.

All a bit disconcerting for the supporters,coming so soon after the fund passed beyond the required total.

Thanks for asking.Not so much a roller coaster,more a deep plunge into hell and a quick drag out just to cool down for a   nanosecond before being plunged into the depths of hell again.

It's a magnificently administered sport.I understand clearly why young people rush to play and spectators queue around the block.

Clinging on by the fingertips but still alive

http://sheffieldeagles.com/News/Article/46993

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived