Taxi for Diskin

buford t justice

Not sure many will disagree after that surely.

no team spirit, enthusiasm or ideas - its like the last days of Gary Thorntons reign, hard to believe he can lose a dressing room after 11 games but thats what it looks like.

we need to save our season and pronto!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up a couple of quotes from Twitter today. Make of them what you will...

• "The score doesn't define how much effort the Bulldogs put in today. #UpTheDogs "

• "Some @BatleyRLFC fans sh*te behaviour end of game you'd think last season happened 20 year ago! Back your team through good n bad #ficklefans "

3 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

Picked up a couple of quotes from Twitter today. Make of them what you will...

• "The score doesn't define how much effort the Bulldogs put in today. #UpTheDogs "

• "Some @BatleyRLFC fans sh*te behaviour end of game you'd think last season happened 20 year ago! Back your team through good n bad #ficklefans "

Not sure what the first quoter was watching.

id gone 10 minutes from the end so cant comment on the last quote, but can understand the frustrations. 

Be patient. We arent purely putting blame at discos feet. Thats like saying its refs killing us.

I'm painfully clinging on to idea that we will ride out this period

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Dont blame Diskin at all, the players need to man up for the current performances. Im a landscaper, if I smash every third flag I try to lay its not my gaffas fault. These players have the ability to be competative in this league they are just low on confidence (See Rhinos 2016 and Warrington 2017, Smith isnt suddenly a ###### coach the players have just not performed. I hope Diskin  is given 2 seasons at least to get things right. Lets also not be too rose tinted about Kear. We avoided relegation on a technicality season before last and put in a fair few dreadfull performances last season. 

We haven't looked so low for a long long time. 1st quote about today's effort possibly rings true for the last 20 minutes of the 1st half, but in honesty effort is all it was, with little threat of turning effort into anything. Like I said on another thread, and got lambasted for it, the kicking game just doesn't go anywhere, and is easily being dealt with. Opponents can afford to knock it dead because they know that our next kick on their line will be the same and the same and the same and with precious little exception they know that they can keep us out if we run it at them. The same couple of players buzz away week after week yet others just aren't turning up. Whilst, like most, I've been critical of the weekly wheel of fortune selection process, now IS the time to sweep the board clean and give those who haven't featured (Squires, if still here, Hill and O'Sullivan and Maher to a certain extent) a chance now because seriously they can do no worse. The season has already slipped away, anyone who says it hasn't is kidding themselves, the players are kidding us and themselves and it's pretty poor payback to the board who did their best to reward them for last season's sterling effort. We can salvage a bit of pride in the cup next week but further than that who knows where this is going to end.

50 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Be patient. We arent purely putting blame at discos feet. Thats like saying its refs killing us.

I'm painfully clinging on to idea that we will ride out this period

Imo of course it is all down to Diskin, week in week out he is messing with the team selection, not 1 player knows from 1 week to the next who he is lining up next to him, he's way way too inexperianced at this level, yes he was a great player but great players dont always make good  coaches or even decent coaches

5 minutes ago, Phil Stone said:

Makes the decision to rest some players against Dewsbury look like a bad call. It's good that expectations are high but sometimes the reality doesn't match those expectations. He probably needs time which might mean this season is a write off as far as the top 4 is concerned.

This is the year we should be kicking on.

instead we have gone backwards. Appointing an inexperienced coach was a big gamble and it hasnt paid off. 

I am firmly in the BTJ camp on this one.

From what I read, Diskin has the mentality that we will score more than them (which we are not doing anyway).

I spoke to Rhino and JK on many occasions during my previous life at the club and they always extolled the theory "defence wins matches" and they were right.  What also wins matches is not titting about with the starting line-up every week.  We have moved from shockingly inconsistent to just shocking and the players do not look like they have a gameplan to work to (painfully obvious on Friday).

We need a solid, experienced coach at this level and fast.  If not, we could still end up looking over our shoulder this season rather than striving for the top 4.

It hurts its worrying too but give him a chance. We turned on kear then shortly after had the 8"s

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

You can't fool the fans.

It's painfully obvious the players aren't playing for the coach.

Has been since the Bradford game at Odsal.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Good or bad he has to have this season and next. Some of the players just don't seem to be up for it!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

some on here had already a negative view regarding Diskin before his first game. Shouts in the crowd at our 3rd game of the season calling for him to go. He needs a season or two IMO. 

Also it is a good thing that players aren't guaranteed a starting spot. They need to man up and fight for their place. 

its the effort of some that is lacking. Lillicrop is leading the team in my opinion. Scott was non existent today. (I know a few on here have a soft spot for him and would give him MOM for being the water boy). Hayward not good enough right now and Rowe isn't half as enthusiastic as previous seasons. London were too good for us today. Too quick all over. It appeared our players forgot how to tackle. 

Our fans at the end of the game were a disgrace. Not a friendly place to bring a kid. The same muppets who wanted Kear out every 5 minutes I guess. 

Lillycrop was robbed of Mom this aft, sponsors vote upstairs. No offence to Faz who had a strong game  but Tom seems to be picking up where Rowe and Brown are doing enough. Today was difficult to watch as we were simply outplayed all over the park. London look the real deal so I'm confused by their record so far. Wish I hadn't bothered today in all honesty.

1 hour ago, doggystyle said:

Lillycrop was robbed of Mom this aft, sponsors vote upstairs. No offence to Faz who had a strong game  but Tom seems to be picking up where Rowe and Brown are doing enough. Today was difficult to watch as we were simply outplayed all over the park. London look the real deal so I'm confused by their record so far. Wish I hadn't bothered today in all honesty.

As for London being the real deal do not forget we even managed to make a injury ravaged Dewsbury look good. Something is clearly not right and not just the results. I do agree Lillycrop gives maximum effort every match and IMO was our MOM today.

The defence has gone AWOL as has the team spirit. Even the warm up looked lacklustre to me today. The most glaring component missing from the side though is pace . We are positively pedestrian.  Today we simply ran out of backs once again and the Squires fallout came back to bite us . Sorry, reliable as Bretherton is  nowadays he is not a threequarter no offence intended to him. Quite simply we are being taken apart too easily. I believe that is 6 times we have gone for over 40pts in a match.

Now is the time for unity I would say and Mr Diskin needs to sort things quickly or we will not even make the top 6 never mind the 4. Halifax (a) H.K.R. (h) in our present form makes me fear th

1 hour ago, Chairman LMAO said:

We need a solid, experienced coach at this level and fast.  If not, we could still end up looking over our shoulder this season rather than striving for the top 4.

I know just the man

4 years championship experience, top international coach, and fortunately for you currently unemployed 

Would fit like a glove ;)

Look at it this way perhaps we've sampled success now expect it.

If we were 18months in I'd accept the venom being applied to our coach.

We've still got Heaton for fitness and St Hilliard is no mug

4 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Look at it this way perhaps we've sampled success now expect it.

If we were 18months in I'd accept the venom being applied to our coach.

We've still got Heaton for fitness and St Hilliard is no mug

Why shouldnt we expect it?

we finished 3rd last season, won half a million quid in prize money and have a stronger squad on paper than last year!

This should be the season we kicked on and finally established ourselves as a force at this level - yet we are heading back to the doldrums at an alatming rate - this team is getting worse week in week out and look like strangers out there.

its the 'little Batley'memtality we seem to have that keeps us in this status quo, too many fans happy to settle for mediocre because thats how its nearly always been.

doesnt wash with me that.

I agree. I'm trying to work out the resentment felt. It riles me that were now cash rich but still rely on volunteers and sponsors too

5 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

I agree. I'm trying to work out the resentment felt. It riles me that were now cash rich but still rely on volunteers and sponsors too

Not sure myself, maybe its frustration, but whatever it is, its growing amongst the fan base at an alarming rate and people are already voting with their feet.

But will the club even care? Time will tell, a few more results like this and there'll only be the blindly loyal and away fans left at home games.

I'm sure the Board expected a bumpy transition with Disco, and gave him a three year contract to give him the time to build his own brand of rugby, stabilising most of last years squad by enhancing and renewing their contracts. Unfortunately this seems to have had a 'Leicester ' effect on the players, who are not putting the same application and enthusiasm into this season. IMO the squad does not have sufficient depth of quality for places to be seriously challenged, and when certain players are dropped they know that they will be soon back in the team due to the lack of quality in depth for sustained competition for the starting line up. I have taken a reality check and written this season off for top 4, but the Board seriously need to be planning ahead to arrest this malaise.

1 hour ago, M Hopkins said:

some on here had already a negative view regarding Diskin before his first game. Shouts in the crowd at our 3rd game of the season calling for him to go. He needs a season or two IMO. 

Also it is a good thing that players aren't guaranteed a starting spot. They need to man up and fight for their place. 

its the effort of some that is lacking. Lillicrop is leading the team in my opinion. Scott was non existent today. (I know a few on here have a soft spot for him and would give him MOM for being the water boy). Hayward not good enough right now and Rowe isn't half as enthusiastic as previous seasons. London were too good for us today. Too quick all over. It appeared our players forgot how to tackle. 

Our fans at the end of the game were a disgrace. Not a friendly place to bring a kid. The same muppets who wanted Kear out every 5 minutes I guess. 

Have to say from a Broncos perspective, only Lillicrop played anything like. The halves were awful.

sad day today. it were like seeing a glimps of what we had destroyed and gone back to basics, not too bad if we have an off day in defence but we had an off day in every department, players beefing with each other and maybe 5 players even looking interested, dont get me wrong london are a well drilled big set a lads but we were naff, we had 3 and 4 players missing tackles who all in range but couldent be bothered, we need  boss back out on the park and quickly that can lead them and hit them gaps cos we just look lost and baffled, no fire in em at all now to what we had, an 18 year old tommo or ben black or tiger will do for now, were trying to juggle too many lads into gametime so let an handfull go on loan and work on what we have in tackling dept and put our best lads on the park week after week if poss, no need for all the abuse at the end as that wont help anyone at all, tough day at the office that a lot  a regulars seemed to miss today.:negative:

Archived