And this weeks excuse is....

buford t justice

29 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I appreciate your concern. It still doesn't answer my question though, does it? What exactly is your plan if you replace Diskin?

Maybe we could all move to Germany and pass comment on things we dont watch.

then we can live in a happy oblivious wonderland where everything is rosy in the garden and eat sausages all day?

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Just now, RPH said:

keep clapping.......it will be OK.......

hope so I'm off to Blackpool.....

I'm not clapping RPH, I'm just as worried as you. However, I do not think that blind actionism is going to lead us anywhere

Just now, buford t justice said:

Maybe we could all move to Germany and pass comment on things we dont watch.

then we can live in a happy oblivious wonderland where everything is rosy in the garden and eat sausages all day?

I think that wherever I live, I am entitled to my opinion Buford...
For the record though, I was asking for solutions. Don't seem to have heard any as yet though.

5 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I think that wherever I live, I am entitled to my opinion Buford...
For the record though, I was asking for solutions. Don't seem to have heard any as yet though.

Tony gave you one. As did i.

problem is there are only a handful of people with the power to do anything about it, and all we can hear is SILENCE.

So as paying fans who love the club and turn up to watch all the hard work being undone week in week out, we have to collectively make our voices heard, and not cower away and suffer in silence as so many of our supporters do for fear of upsetting people - the aformentioned 'happy clappers'.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

41 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I appreciate your concern. It still doesn't answer my question though, does it? What exactly is your plan if you replace Diskin?

That's not the call of the supporters though is it? There are appointed representatives to make those decisions. If they don't review the current situation (and soon) we'll be down amongst the deadmen. It doesn't take Einstein to see that one coming.

I find the moaners much more tedious than the happy clappers.

We've tasted success now a few think it's there God given right

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

Tony gave you one. As did i.

problem is there are only a handful of people with the power to do anything about it, and all we can hear is SILENCE.

So as paying fans who love the club and turn up to watch all the hard work being undone week in week out, we have to collectively make our voices heard, and not cower away and suffer in silence as so many of our supporters do for fear of upsetting people - the aformentioned 'happy clappers'.

I must have missed something then. Tony did say something very vague about looking for a replacement, but I don't remember your solution. Or are we talking about eating sausages?
So you think I'm one of those people that is afraid to say something in order not to upset people? Well, thats not working is it? I'm upsetting you for a start .... lol
And, the solution is? I'm still waiting

8 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

And, the solution is?

Sausages

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Q. Did Dewsbury win the toss in the golden point or did we? I guess dewsbury must have as it was the obvious direction that they choose to play in as kicking a drop goal with the wind is much simpler and from greater distance but If they did why didn't we kick off then?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I don't know about your coach but think the players need a hard look at themselves. At 4-16 you were well in front and looking comfortable, then complacency kicked in and it was 14-16 at the break. They never recovered their composure after that. I don't know what input the coach had into turning a winning team into a losing one in 15 minutes.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Piggy's mate said:

Q. Did Dewsbury win the toss in the golden point or did we? I guess dewsbury must have as it was the obvious direction that they choose to play in as kicking a drop goal with the wind is much simpler and from greater distance but If they did why didn't we kick off then?

Maybe you opted to receive?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Blind side johnny said:

I don't know about your coach but think the players need a hard look at themselves. At 4-16 you were well in front and looking comfortable, then complacency kicked in and it was 14-16 at the break. They never recovered their composure after that. I don't know what input the coach had into turning a winning team into a losing one in 15 minutes.

Unless they don't want to play for him ala Dewsbury under Morro?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

"The time on the board is merely a guide" tannoy said. Bang on 40 the horn blows as were caught metres from the uprights with tackles in the bag. Mmmm:ph34r:

Just now, Piggy's mate said:

Unless they don't want to play for him ala Dewsbury under Morro?

But only for the last 50 minutes? Seems odd.

1 minute ago, 9' oller said:

"The time on the board is merely a guide" tannoy said. Bang on 40 the horn blows as were caught metres from the uprights with tackles in the bag. Mmmm:ph34r:

And in the league match it ran over by some measure. What is meant is that, unlike on Sky, it doesn't represent the official time, but that doesn't prevent it from being right from time to time <insert obvious joke here>.

I can take match commissioner/ time keeper been bribed with a pint of best but "ole ole ole Dewsbury" cuts deep!

I've seen awful,dreadful and downright lousy Batley sides play over the years.

Tasted victory and hugely depressing defeats.

I dont really expect success,even after the last few years of relatively good times.

i wouldn't be watching Batley if thats what I wanted believe me!

Im too long in the tooth to be fooled by Diskin's 'the players dont stick to gameplan,dont do what they're told....blah blah blah'

We all know since the alleged James Brown 'incident' that the players aren't playing for Diskin.

Sack him? Who knows.

But today some players just couldn't be a***d.....and I'll be blowed if im paying to watch half hearted performances.

been there and done that too many times over the years.i have the utmost respect for anyone who steps out onto that field for my entertainment,but it works both ways lads.

Something has to and will give soon.

Hopefully before we end up in the relegation zone.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

2 hours ago, colinb said:

Like a lot of people I am really concerned as to what has happened/happening.  It seems to me that 1 person is trying to change 25 + people  which in itself is ok but not in such a short time. I'll give the benefit of doubt  to inexperience BUT at the cost of demolishing structures that the players are used to. Listening to the interviews on radio leeds it did sound like Matt Diskin has a problem accepting the current methods are not his problem it's the players.  Sorry but I disagree. He is implementing them without appreciating what he inherited. That is a structured team who had tried n tested methods. Surely bring change in gradually ,not from day 1  . Also as an aside....Neil Kelly said he had rung the RFL and advised them he was struggling to raise a team. 

Having said that I will like most on here continue to support the Gallant Youths as we have been here before and will be again. 

Spot on Colin, but nothing has come out of the Club I.e. corporate action plan to reverse this rapid decline, and it appears that they are just letting Disco get on with it.

2 hours ago, Supertyke said:

I must have missed something then. Tony did say something very vague about looking for a replacement, but I don't remember your solution. Or are we talking about eating sausages?
So you think I'm one of those people that is afraid to say something in order not to upset people? Well, thats not working is it? I'm upsetting you for a start .... lol
And, the solution is? I'm still waiting

Here it is.

Confucius say 'man with stiff problem wake up with the solution in his hand'.

Or was it a sausage?

But seriously is your solution to change nothing and wait for the relegation struggle?

We've lost twice in just over a week to effectively the bottom team in the division. That is now our current form - bottom of the division. Does anybody really think the coach knows what he is doing with these players?

Excuse me Northern Eel, but I did say at the time that Diskin was the wrong choice, and got loads of flak for it. I also said that recruitment hadn't been good enough and got loads of flak for that as well. In all honesty, look at our recruitment; a centre from a team which finished about 6 places below us, a returning 2nd rower who had given probably his best 4 seasons to a club which also finished below us, a 2nd rower from a team which finished below us, a player who'd been out of the game for a while, and 2 lads who have come to learn their trade. Where was the kick on of recruitment looking for players to take the side further from its' brilliant season of 2016? We re-signed all but 2 or 3 of that squad and gave them great new, financially better contracts, but that's not guaranteed to make them into better players just because they've got more money! I would say without exception that each and every one of those players last season gave everything they had and a drop more on top to achieve what they did, and probably didn't have any more to give this time. they knew their limitations and played to them effectively but they probably also know that this new game isn't up their street and are being made to look foolish by being asked to play it. Without a serious re-jig of tactics and the systems, we're going to carry on getting it wrong according to the coach and consequently we're going to get dragged down. Hard to see where the next winning, never mind commanding, performance is going to come from. We showed where we can be in the first 25 minutes today, then had a holiday until the last 10 minutes, and still couldn't get in a position on the last set to fashion a winning kick when we knew we had to. Yes, that's bad decision making on the field and the coach can't take the blame for that, but what he can take the blame for are the systems and shapes which let us turn a 12 point lead into an 18 point kick up the backside. As MANY have said, where has that brilliant tackling display gone? Even in poorer seasons under John Kear we had a 'you're not getting past here' attitude, in fact that is proven by the number of close losses we had under the bonus point system, and I would lay a bet that under that system we took more 1 point bonuses for losing than any other team in either Championship division. So how come that almost same team is getting 40/50 past it all of a sudden? Who's not performing, and why? IF it's really the players then bring in the Hills and O'Sullivans and Cowlings and previously the Squires' of the team to see if they have any more appetite. IF it's not the players, then someone else needs to start examining the reasons. I'd love to say the season isn't yet dead, but nothing out of the next 3 games and it will be.

Archived