Rick Stone

How long will it be before he gets the chop? Was rubbish in his two stints at Newcastle and is rubbish at the Giants. Surely they can do better than him. I mean, look at his recruitment. Mamo - he is the definition of Z-grade Aussie.

IMO, the club should of never let Anderson go. He was the clubs most succesful coach in 50 years. Surely he deserved an opportunity to ride out the bad times and rebuild the roster after losing some key players.

Hudds could do worse than bring back Baloo

To me, his time is now certainly up.

Granted he was handed a dud deal in having some players (at least 4 in my eyes) already pre-signed for this season which he has had to stick with. And to be fair the majority of these players have performed ok so far.

HOWEVER, and it is a big however, we as a team just seem ill prepared for matches and have a lack of organisation in both our defensive & attacking structures.

The loss yesterday was worse than embaressing and although there was enough quality within the squad to take to the field and win the match easily (no insult to Swinton meant as they thoroughly deserved their win) the ultimate buck stops with the coach.

With a team that is low on confidence, to me, yesterday was an ideal opportunity for a strong as possible first team to be fielded and to get the win to kick start the season.

Unfortunately at this moment in time I can't see who would come in as coach. No other SL coach would leave their job to join us. Can't see any championship coach leaving. Leaves us with looking to australia again or promoting within which I am against on principal, but at the moment in time, might well be the best solution to push on and have a succesful season finishing 8th!!

No matter what happens, at the end of the season, things will need to change dramatically at the club in order for them to be able to progress and move forwards again.

3 hours ago, davet said:

To me, his time is now certainly up.

Granted he was handed a dud deal in having some players (at least 4 in my eyes) already pre-signed for this season which he has had to stick with. And to be fair the majority of these players have performed ok so far.

HOWEVER, and it is a big however, we as a team just seem ill prepared for matches and have a lack of organisation in both our defensive & attacking structures.

The loss yesterday was worse than embaressing and although there was enough quality within the squad to take to the field and win the match easily (no insult to Swinton meant as they thoroughly deserved their win) the ultimate buck stops with the coach.

With a team that is low on confidence, to me, yesterday was an ideal opportunity for a strong as possible first team to be fielded and to get the win to kick start the season.

Unfortunately at this moment in time I can't see who would come in as coach. No other SL coach would leave their job to join us. Can't see any championship coach leaving. Leaves us with looking to australia again or promoting within which I am against on principal, but at the moment in time, might well be the best solution to push on and have a succesful season finishing 8th!!

No matter what happens, at the end of the season, things will need to change dramatically at the club in order for them to be able to progress and move forwards again.

Brian Smith?

Rugby League World writer

Twitter: @a_hope14
Mobile: iPhone 3

10 minutes ago, goldcoaster said:

How long will it be before he gets the chop? Was rubbish in his two stints at Newcastle and is rubbish at the Giants. Surely they can do better than him. I mean, look at his recruitment. Mamo - he is the definition of Z-grade Aussie.

IMO, the club should of never let Anderson go. He was the clubs most succesful coach in 50 years. Surely he deserved an opportunity to ride out the bad times and rebuild the roster after losing some key players.

Hudds could do worse than bring back Baloo

Don't think many Huddersfield fans would want Anderson back

5 hours ago, goldcoaster said:

Is there a reason why? From the outside looking in, he is their most succesful coach in 50 years. Why wouldn't he be welcome back?

I can only say from what I hear so a Giants fan would be better placed to answer that. But I understand he lost the dressing room and a number of senior players were unimpressed by his training methods and playing tactics. Also some of these Championship signings he brought in for this season are not upto scratch 

5 hours ago, goldcoaster said:

Is there a reason why? From the outside looking in, he is their most succesful coach in 50 years. Why wouldn't he be welcome back?

There have been lots of players who have moved on from the club over the last couple of years that Anderson seemed to have in chains.

His approach was very one dimensional and those that seemed to want to break the mould were cast adrift.

Yes he may be the most successful coach in recent memory but a lot of that foundation was laid down by previous coached like Tony Smith & Nathan Brown.

12 hours ago, goldcoaster said:

The reasons are very simple , He inherited some very decent players that N Brown had improved no end, Under Brown's time here we had players who were making the England squad and some the knights.

Yes we won the LLS under Anderson but in the time he was here most of our players went backwards and he was quite unable to stop it happening, In desperation he panicked and signed a lot of Championship players, we are now seeing the results of that . Had we got another Brown, S Wane or Powel we might have made something of a team, But Stone is just the Aussie Anderson

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

We chose a coach on the say so of a psychologist linked to the team from  the University - the same berk that was attached to the club a few seasons ago to give the players the extra psychological push to get to a GF or CC final - and look where that went - he seems to have a say on anything that matters - very odd

A board is like a coach - it starts life firing on all cylinders then gets very conservative when it comes to the end of its natural span

Baloo needed staff to support him - he reverted to his Bradford days and coaching has moved on - hence Nobby supports and doesn't coach himself - wise man

Three reasons why the Giants are sliding - the dressing room (Brough needs to retire and we need 2 new half backs, if Rapira is going bin him now, and cut off the dead wood as soon as possible and for god sake get a leader in to pull it together ) - the coach didn't know what a shambles he was getting and Thewlis sold him a croc so  bin Thewlis and weed the board please Mr Davy - the coach has lost his mojo and it isn't a surprise to see him give in now, he must be a proud man because I would have been honest and binned the poisoned chalice I had been gifted and walked away feeling very let down and un supported

What needs fixing - board needs to step back, Davy needs to loosen the cap strings and a new coach needs to be brought in now with a view to heading down the dissent in the dressing room and bringing some order in and perhaps the odd wry smile because its very obvious no one is enjoying this particular ride

Powell for all his platitudes is first and foremost the leader of the Cas pack - Stone isn't - and Powell has a game plan that makes sense - Stone doesn't seem to have a plan at all - so a disciplinarian that can actually lead and the dissent removed from the dressing room, whatever that issue is, stop being nice about it and talking about it and just cut it out and bin it before we get relegated in a nice way!

There is the talent there, its just not playing to its potential and seriously if they don't want to be there you not only look at that issue and let them go a la Brieley but you have to ask why there is so widespread un happiness and if you can identify that perhaps you can do something about it before its too late

keep doing the same stuff get the same result

Archived