Sign in to follow this  
Roughyedz

Toronto v Coventry

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

No kettle and no saucepans either here

Bearman you weren't even down there last night...I spotted you near my campsite, up north, looking for something to eat.  See you at the game!  Get back down there with the team and quite worrying about food!  I told you I will bring the venison to you at the game!

P.S. Sent you a message Bearman...please check your mail!

IMG_0274.jpg

Coventry Bears seem happy travellers according to their social media feed. Hope the meal wasn't too expensive? :ph34r:

Let's hope they put up a solid showing. Looking forward to the game tonight!

• Like 6

Couple of them even rocking some Jays gear lol. Looks to be a nice day. Hope they give a good account of themselves and we see another good crowd. 

28 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

Any radio coverage for this match??

Don't think so but if you have software to mask your IP address as Canadian, you can stream the video from the cbc sports website.

It's a beautiful day here in Toronto, just went for a nice bike ride along the waterfront and now getting ready with the trouble n strife to head over to Brazen head for a pint and then to the den.

nice to see the Coventry boys fueling up at Badali's and hope they enjoy the game 

GO Wolfpack...cheers to all in the UK

Bob

• Like 1

I think the experience of going back and forth to Toronto could actually be a good thing for the English clubs players and fans.  How often do these guys get to go to another country? I understand that its costly and long flights are not much fun, but actually going overseas to nice places is usually a positive thing people look back on the rest of their life.  

• Like 2

Goooooo wolfpack! Headphones are on and im tuned in. Work sucks?

Edited by Donspaghetti

On 6/2/2017 at 1:49 PM, Bob8 said:

I had a kettle when I lived in the USA.

Shhhhhh don't tell everyone or else they will be knock g on your door 

• Like 1

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Gotta love how the Toronto crowd just drifts in around and after kick off. Could you imagine this at Wigan? Their fans would only see minutes 20-60 :ph34r:

• Like 5

On 6/2/2017 at 1:49 PM, Bob8 said:

I had a kettle when I lived in the USA.

Shhhhhh don't tell everyone or else they will be knock g on your doir

• Like 1

Looks to be perfect weather , doesn't look as big a crowd as the previous two matches ( maybe they have other things to do in the good weather ? ) but as Scubby says maybe they will keep drifting in ! ! 

Just now, Roughyedz said:

Looks to be perfect weather , doesn't look as big a crowd as the previous two matches ( maybe they have other things to do in the good weather ? ) but as Scubby says maybe they will keep drifting in ! ! 

I thought that for the last game but they were still drifting in after 25 minutes

This ref certainly likes blowing his whistle.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

How weak does the ref sound? Almost apologetic to both teams with his decisions ... grow a pair!!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Half time 24-6. Well done to the Bears it looks hot work and they have given a fantastic account of themselves. I think we perhaps underestimate that for some of these guys it is the experience of their careers.

Edited by Scubby

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Full credit to Coventry. What ever happens in this game. They've had a real dig!

Spot on . . And no moans and groans like Barrow before a ball was kicked . .  

• Like 1

Great effort by Coventry. Jamahl Hunte showed some great pace both on their try, and in catching Liam Kay to prevent a try. 

I expect the second half to be one way traffic resulting in a pretty lopsided scoreline but no matter how it turns out, Coventry have done themselves proud.