Match Thread. Catalan Dragons v Featherstone Rovers Saturday 9th September 2017

marklaspalmas

11 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Conspiracy theory- Did Fax roll over against London to stop Fev finishing 6th and getting the big money? Because they know Fev will beat them at The Shay like they always do.

Don't know how you can be so confident Steve. You ought to know (we've been told often enough) they have the two best props in Rugby League.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Conspiracy theory- Did Fax roll over against London to stop Fev finishing 6th and getting the big money? Because they know Fev will beat them at The Shay like they always do.

Im not sure Fev getting extra money is that big a deal, afterall if you can offer players loads more money than they are already on and they still don't want to play for you then money won't really make any difference. ;)

22 minutes ago, ethelred the unready said:

Don't know how you can be so confident Steve. You ought to know (we've been told often enough) they have the two best props in Rugby League.

Be realistic - Championship. Calahane and Tangata would walk in to any team in this league and more than likely be there best props. You wont find many neutrals or people who understand rugby arguing with that.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I didn't even know that it was Nosey Parker's rumour about the players been told. You can see the problem there can't you? ;)

He's wrong as often as he's right. But the timing of that column would have had to have been an amazing coincidence, along with the fact that by the morning after the club had researched the candidates for Sharp's replacement, narrowed them down to a shortlist, approached the man they wanted and agreed a contract? :lol:

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im not sure Fev getting extra money is that big a deal, afterall if you can offer players loads more money than they are already on and they still don't want to play for you then money won't really make any difference. ;)

It was meant as a bit of humour Blues Ox, but realistically I think Fev are more interested in the money at present to help in their plans to get themselves on a sound financial footing before they even think about making a push for Super League. In a few years time they will be totally self sustaining through other income sources associated with the stadium. Once that day comes they will be difficult to ignore, whether it's promotion or licencing.

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Forget Calahane ever playing for you he's returning back to Oz ????

Sorry for the spamming I really need to either multi quote or as in some peoples preference, not post at all. :)

I know Blue Pike, he said at the start of the season it would be his last. Very sad times for us because he is the best prop I have seen play for us at this level and it will be tough to replace him.

1 hour ago, Steve Slater said:

It was meant as a bit of humour Blues Ox, but realistically I think Fev are more interested in the money at present to help in their plans to get themselves on a sound financial footing before they even think about making a push for Super League. In a few years time they will be totally self sustaining through other income sources associated with the stadium. Once that day comes they will be difficult to ignore, whether it's promotion or licencing.

Steve, I have been having banter since I started posting in this thread but it seems to have gone way over some peoples heads. A lot of what I post on here should be taken firmly tongue in cheek. It will be another good game when Fax play Fev and will be one of the very few that I really look forward to in our league. We win and I will try not to rub it in too much or we lose as many expect I will sulk for a couple of hours then turn up and give you the excuses as to why we lost.

On a serious note it is great that Fev are making attempts to jump to that next level with the stuff behind the scenes. Until it actually happens though it is one of those seen to be believed things and its what gives us championship fans a glimmer of hope to cling to that we can eventually make that jump to the next level again.

8 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Sorry for the spamming I really need to either multi quote or as in some peoples preference, not post at all. :)

I know Blue Pike, he said at the start of the season it would be his last. Very sad times for us because he is the best prop I have seen play for us at this level and it will be tough to replace him.

Steve, I have been having banter since I started posting in this thread but it seems to have gone way over some peoples heads. A lot of what I post on here should be taken firmly tongue in cheek. It will be another good game when Fax play Fev and will be one of the very few that I really look forward to in our league. We win and I will try not to rub it in too much or we lose as many expect I will sulk for a couple of hours then turn up and give you the excuses as to why we lost.

On a serious note it is great that Fev are making attempts to jump to that next level with the stuff behind the scenes. Until it actually happens though it is one of those seen to be believed things and its what gives us championship fans a glimmer of hope to cling to that we can eventually make that jump to the next level again.

Hope at times is the only thing that keeps us all going, and no-one has the right to take away that hope. And as you say it may never happen, especially with the way the goalposts keep moving.

The Fev-Fax games are the highlight of my season, going way back to the mid 80's through family connections. My nephew is a former neighbour and very good friend of Dave Singer but was born a Fev fan. Due to the bad feeling between fans since 2010 the family has stopped attending these games. It's not the same going without them but I still look forward to it. 

14 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Hope at times is the only thing that keeps us all going, and no-one has the right to take away that hope. And as you say it may never happen, especially with the way the goalposts keep moving.

The Fev-Fax games are the highlight of my season, going way back to the mid 80's through family connections. My nephew is a former neighbour and very good friend of Dave Singer but was born a Fev fan. Due to the bad feeling between fans since 2010 the family has stopped attending these games. It's not the same going without them but I still look forward to it. 

In the bigger picture that must be a worry for us all as the SL teams you get the feeling wouldnt mind that draw bridge been pulled back up. If they did that there would be no need for them to hand more funding to this league meaning more money for the SL boys and if they still get 2 votes to our 1 we all know how that will end up.

18 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

The Fev-Fax games are the highlight of my season

My guess is that 2018 will be another year with at least 3 Fev-Fax games, apparently Nigel Wood has revealed that there will be another Summer Bash in 2018 and you'd think the logical fixtures would be 2nd-placed (& full time) London against whoever gets relegated from SL with us v Fax a fairly obvious matchup (yes I know what's logical doesn't always come to pass in RL). Can see Toulouse v Toronto being another fixture, perhaps with cameramen instructed not to make too many lingering sweeps of the stadium...

25 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Haha Toulouse V Toronto played out in front of no more than 200 fans on live TV. What a time to be alive.

Think the RFL are that desperate to make it work, they might end up having to pay fans to watch and maybe throw in a bit of spending money or a weekend family Pleasure Beach pass....

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

Yeah could you imagine Catalan v London and Toronto v Toulouse on the same day, don't bother with the stands just open the dugouts. 

I was impressed with the Catalan turnout on Saturday, we could learn a thing or to about dragging people in.

24 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Didn't Toronto get 8k or thereabouts for their last game?

Averaged over 7k I think for the season, or thereabouts. In don't suppose they'll bring many over here, but I don't suppose they'll get big away followings either. Focus on increasing home fans, what will be will be in terms of away support.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived