Barrow Promoted

Anonymouse

22 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Longstanding and deep Rugby league rivalry and feelings is a hell of a long road from your conclusion about what it makes you 

The trouble is there are a group of fans on both sides who can't think past that rivalry and as long as their team are in the ascendency are happy despite the fact that both teams are playing in a p##s poor league in front of dwindling crowds and whose sole ambition is to get into the championship and finish 3rd bottom.

I applaud all the die hards who keep turning up and pay there money ,sadly I'm no longer one of them,to keep the clubs going but some of the rubbish and fake news wrote on these forums about each club is embarrassing at times.

Yesterdays match and crowd shows there is still an appetite for pro rugby league,sadly I don't think it can be achieved and sustained by the clubs on their own.

PS

sorry if this appears to be a rant,laid up with a busted knee and frustrated to hell !!

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

The trouble is there are a group of fans on both sides who can't think past that rivalry and as long as their team are in the ascendency are happy despite the fact that both teams are playing in a p##s poor league in front of dwindling crowds and whose sole ambition is to get into the championship and finish 3rd bottom.

I applaud all the die hards who keep turning up and pay there money ,sadly I'm no longer one of them,to keep the clubs going but some of the rubbish and fake news wrote on these forums about each club is embarrassing at times.

Yesterdays match and crowd shows there is still an appetite for pro rugby league,sadly I don't think it can be achieved and sustained by the clubs on their own.

PS

sorry if this appears to be a rant,laid up with a busted knee and frustrated to hell !!

So is that a hint at the M word davo? I agree this is a poor league and if and when town or haven make it back into the championship it will be only to engage in a survival battle. At present it would be unwise for either of us to go anywhere  near the championship. But then again this league is largely unattractive. So it a "caught between a rock and a hard place" situation. The problem is at grass roots level IMO.

40 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

PS

All the best to you on a quick recovery my forum friend ... see , small minded bigots indeed !!???

1 hour ago, Billy Bob said:

I was at the match, no money was wasted, Jambo's BoD may have spent every penny they had, but their fans were singing, chanting & even streaking they enjoyed their day even in defeat.

If some of our fans only highlight of the season is to see the Jambo's beaten in the final, I feel sorry for the small minded bigot's.

Well done Jammy's, look forward to beating you next season.

Not so sure about that Billy Bob.

Whitehaven have spent some of next years money from the RFL for a day out in Barrow. The gamble of putting a good but expensive  squad together failed at the final hurdle. What will happen next season remains to be seen.

I think most people predicted the top 3 before the season even started. So from an entertainment point of view Whitehaven have had a better season but I would like to think Town are on a far better financial footing.

UTT

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

17 minutes ago, GETEMONSIDE said:

Not so sure about that Billy Bob.

Whitehaven have spent some of next years money from the RFL for a day out in Barrow. The gamble of putting a good but expensive  squad together failed at the final hurdle. What will happen next season remains to be seen.

I think most people predicted the top 3 before the season even started. So from an entertainment point of view Whitehaven have had a better season but I would like to think Town are on a far better financial footing.

UTT

And when you think about it there was  only really one promotion place up for grabs given torontos presence in the league. 

2 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

I was at the match, no money was wasted, Jambo's BoD may have spent every penny they had, but their fans were singing, chanting & even streaking they enjoyed their day even in defeat.

If some of our fans only highlight of the season is to see the Jambo's beaten in the final, I feel sorry for the small minded bigot's.

So anyone who doesnt say well done is a small minded bigot? You see the irony in you saying that right?

15 minutes ago, havenhater said:

You would imagine bradford next season are going to be attracting some stars.

Oldham are always a good outfit and Doncaster must be trying something fresh releasing 10 wouldn't be surprised if they are hulls youth team to be honest 

I’m not sure about Bradford , they’ve a lot on their plate right now and at present it’s just a shell with a great name 

3 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

I'm sure I'd be chuffed to bits if I'd thrown a load of cash in for a sing song and a ###### up. 

Although i think Billybob showed his hand and where his loyalties lie with his posts to Gary and i shouldnt react but i will say this.

Listen I work with a lot of Jam fans, I'm the only Townie and the banter is fierce. We rip each other to shreds. But at the end of the day it's only light hearted banter, barring a couple of them they are fantastic lads who are more than just work mates and I'm proud they are my mates. At the end of the day we are RL fans and share a kinship that I don't think you get in the likes of football.

But as they are our derby rivals there is no way on earth I wanted them to win and spoil their record of never winning a final. If that makes me a small minded bigot or whatever term you want to use, then that's what I am. I don't hate Whitehaven as a town or its people nor do I hate the club, but if it means the club have one up on town then no I don't want them to win as I know for a fact is the same with my Haven mates. Isn't that what rivalries are all about? It's all pantomime villain stuff. When we play each other I have a nerves from the morning till the final whistle. Then either I'm either gutted or high as a kite,  I'm either gloating on our WhatsApp group or I'm getting hammered, it all comes with the territory and brilliant crack.

Bigot?? Really?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Although i think Billybob showed his hand and where his loyalties lie with his posts to Gary and i shouldnt react but i will say this.

Listen I work with a lot of Jam fans, I'm the only Townie and the banter is fierce. We rip each other to shreds. But at the end of the day it's only light hearted banter, barring a couple of them they are fantastic lads who are more than just work mates and I'm proud they are my mates. At the end of the day we are RL fans and share a kinship that I don't think you get in the likes of football.

But as they are our derby rivals there is no way on earth I wanted them to win and spoil their record of never winning a final. If that makes me a small minded bigot or whatever term you want to use, then that's what I am. I don't hate Whitehaven as a town or its people nor do I hate the club, but if it means the club have one up on town then no I don't want them to win as I know for a fact is the same with my Haven mates. Isn't that what rivalries are all about? It's all pantomime villain stuff. When we play each other I have a nerves from the morning till the final whistle. Then either I'm either gutted or high as a kite,  I'm either gloating on our WhatsApp group or I'm getting hammered, it all comes with the territory and brilliant crack.

Bigot?? Really?

Absolutely . I wonder if he’s been to Wigan .... st Helens ... west Hull ... east Hull ... Oldham ... Rochdale etc etc etc . Sport is pretty much built on local rivalry / hatred ON the pitch !

8 hours ago, Davo5 said:

PS

Correct davo5 the reason we havnt got a merged super league team is  small minded people who want to carry on calling each other jam eaters! The game is on its arris round here, kids arnt interested in the game like they used to be all because in my opinion the pro club's just havnt got a product that interests them... 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

49 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Correct davo5 the reason we havnt got a merged super league team is  small minded people who want to carry on calling each other jam eaters! The game is on its arris round here, kids arnt interested in the game like they used to be all because in my opinion the pro club's just havnt got a product that interests them... 

The thing is 95% of us calling each other jameaters would be stood arm in arm cheering the team on, as I said above it's just the crack. I think initially a minority would spit the dummy and stay away, but if there was a good team playing good rugby  most would return. 3k fans turning up at Barrow prove if the product on the pitch is right Cumbrians will turn up.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

10 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

Mmmmmmm thought you might be there.

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

I agree with you except a merged side wouldn't be SL standard.

Just seen the match highlights and have to say the Crook knock on wasn't that obvious but then again how was the high tackle on Stack when going in to score not a red card and penalty try ?

1 minute ago, Egbertnobacon said:

Was Roper , and was the wrong decision , but with no tv review you can understand why it was given as a knock on 

On the telly it looked a great pick up , but I’d still rather officials making decisions and getting on with it than tv replays , and hopefully it never permeates downwards to our levels 

On 02/10/2017 at 7:54 PM, town4me said:

I agree with you except a merged side wouldn't be SL standard.

A merged side would barely compete in the championship. Pipe dream I’m afraid

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, wonky said:

A merged side would barely compete in the championship. Pipe dream I’m afraid

There's a big difference between merging the two current teams and merging the two clubs. A new club would have more money and be able to attract better players.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived