What's the plan with Leeds' stadium next season?

Scubby

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, M j M said:

I guess that's how much the seats might cost when they start selling them? Since they are all effectively above the height of the back of the old stand the equivalent position would be the standing price which won't go up by much.

the back of the old stand was too far away from the action for me anyway - so I wont be chucking 70 quid for me and the mrs to watch 90 mins of rugby - that's just not gonna happen

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

the back of the old stand was too far away from the action for me anyway - so I wont be chucking 70 quid for me and the mrs to watch 90 mins of rugby - that's just not gonna happen

Oh

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I have heard that it will be the standing area open first while the rest is still to be completed , but how will the spectators get entry ?because the rest I presume will still be a building site . 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

10 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I have heard that it will be the standing area open first while the rest is still to be completed , but how will the spectators get entry ?because the rest I presume will still be a building site . 

Probably through the Carnegie stand turnstiles and then along the front of the new stand I would imagine

I think the expectation will be that the terrace and the main concourse including its turnstiles will be structurally complete and available to use. But the complete fit out, roof and the seating section will be completed during the course of the year.

53 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

when we were kids we sat on the straw . happy days 

you were lucky, we sat in the ditch half full of  water infected with cholera

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 2 weeks later...

apparently they have started laying the concrete as preparation for the building of the "temporary " North stand . the South stand looks to be about 75% of seating and terracing and roof complete . I wonder if the temporary north stand has cover ? 

JAMIE PEACOCK

11 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

apparently they have started laying the concrete as preparation for the building of the "temporary " North stand . the South stand looks to be about 75% of seating and terracing and roof complete . I wonder if the temporary north stand has cover ? 

About 2,000 of the 2,500 seats will be covered. Here's the section with all three stands on again -

image.jpeg.006f479988899eb491f7741fb249b473.jpeg

On 23/11/2017 at 10:50 PM, southstand loiner said:

well try and reimagine it my friend as the vast majority of Leeds supporters are from north of the river . I'm certainly not thrilled to been going to south Leeds even for 2 games as its a fair trek at my age . if Leeds had said they were playing a full season there I'm afraid I would not have renewed my season ticket and I know plenty of others that think the same 

There are plenty of Rhinos supporters who live in south Leeds,me being one of them. Getting home from Elland Road will be a bonus for me. Getting home from Headingley on a Friday night is a night mare.

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

There are plenty of Rhinos supporters who live in south Leeds,me being one of them. Getting home from Elland Road will be a bonus for me. Getting home from Headingley on a Friday night is a night mare.

Have you thought about supporting your local club instead?

• 4 weeks later...

The temporary North Stand has finally begun to emerge from the rubble in advance of the first home game on 2nd March. I imagine it will be a fair old organisational and logistical challenge to build the new stand around this structure whilst handing it safely back to Leeds on gamedays.

image.png.e479ab96cda73299fb142226829da215.png

6 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I wonder if it would have been better moving out for a season ? we'll soon find out 

Given how absolutely awful Elland Road was I think they have definitely made the right decision. I for one would only go to the big games if we were there.

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Given how absolutely awful Elland Road was I think they have definitely made the right decision. I for one would only go to the big games if we were there.

I didn't think Elland Road was that bad tbh. Yes I prefer Headingley but there's far worse alternatives.

13 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I wonder if in the future there is room to join up the new SS with the Carnegie ? that would increase capacity and add to the crowd atmosphere

Would have to remove the floodlight in that corner to do that which I don't think would be cheap as it'll affect what they need to do with the whole stadium lighting. Also the standing/seating ratio is different and the fact carnegie is 2 tiers, apposed to SS being one mixed stand, would make this a logistical nightmare for the relatively low value it adds in filling it in. 

Trying to get some kind of permission to do the Western terrace has to be priority IMO. 

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Would have to remove the floodlight in that corner to do that which I don't think would be cheap as it'll affect what they need to do with the whole stadium lighting. Also the standing/seating ratio is different and the fact carnegie is 2 tiers, apposed to SS being one mixed stand, would make this a logistical nightmare for the relatively low value it adds in filling it in. 

Trying to get some kind of permission to do the Western terrace has to be priority IMO. 

The floodlights are coming down anyway once the two stands are finished. There is definitely no scope for the upper tiers to join - both of them have those angled sides because they run right up to the edge of St Michael's Lane (or as close as they are allowed to build). You could probably wrap the lower tiers around but it would only add maybe 500 spaces.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Hetherington will be doing a little dance on the Ashes news - it's probably worth £250k+ to Leeds in 2023.

Ashes 2023: Edgbaston, Headingley, The Oval, Lord's and Old Trafford to host Tests

yes and what will be the name of the T20 team? Yorkshire Rhinos ???

JAMIE PEACOCK

Archived