What's the plan with Leeds' stadium next season?

Scubby

1 hour ago, philipw said:

To all those suggesting it wont be ready on time - looking at this images, I would be surprised if (with no horrendous weather hopefully) construction carries on at this pace, some/most of that stand will be usable by late February

1 hour ago, Mattrhino said:

I'm not a contractor but I think there is a lot more work than just putting up the structure. No way it will be ready in two months in my lowly opinion.

I thought that it was the standing area only that would be ready for use?
Agree that there is a hell of a lot to once the structure is up though.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

I'm not a contractor but I think there is a lot more work than just putting up the structure. No way it will be ready in two months in my lowly opinion.

Yes, I agree that it will not be fully complete, but I do think the terrace area will likely be usable 

5 hours ago, High Peak Rhino said:

I thought that it was the standing area only that would be ready for use?
Agree that there is a hell of a lot to once the structure is up though.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the external work is cladding, which can be done around a 'working environment' I would imagine

I heard that they have Dewsbury penciled in if its not ready to host games on time. Looking at the latest images Headingley is once again going to be the best purpose built RL ground and Leeds not wanting to Lord it over the rest of the clubs they have left the western terrace as it is so as not to give the away fans an inferiority complex.           

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Update image from Leeds taken from the opposite side. Will be interesting how the temporary North Stand works whilst construction of the replacement structure continues around it.

According to the club (here) the sewer works which were holding things up on the N Stand side are now complete and foundation work is ongoing so presumably we'll start to see steelwork over there in January.

south_stand_pre_christmas-e1513372282791

On 15/12/2017 at 8:36 AM, Mattrhino said:

Will be nice having a stadium up to the standard of a champion sporting club. And what a view for the away fans stood soaked on the West terrace lol

Wonder if once the redevelopment is complete the club will look at the Western Terrace. Also wonder if the 4 flood lights will go and be replaced with lights on the stand now the stands will be a lot taller 

56 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

Wonder if once the redevelopment is complete the club will look at the Western Terrace. Also wonder if the 4 flood lights will go and be replaced with lights on the stand now the stands will be a lot taller 

Yes I think it is 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Not read all this thread, but what I HAVE read seems to contain a fair bit of criticism of Leeds, over a temporary capacity cut?

I'm struggling to seewhat Leeds are doing wrong, or could sensibly do any differently?  In particuar, why the hell would they want to move to Elland Road temporarily, and give away financially probably far more than any (doubtful?) increased attendances to Leeds United?

Seems to me that, as so often in recent years, Leeds are doing a whole lot right.  And that is not necesarily an easy thing for me to say!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

9 hours ago, Adeybull said:

Not read all this thread, but what I HAVE read seems to contain a fair bit of criticism of Leeds, over a temporary capacity cut?

I'm struggling to seewhat Leeds are doing wrong, or could sensibly do any differently?  In particuar, why the hell would they want to move to Elland Road temporarily, and give away financially probably far more than any (doubtful?) increased attendances to Leeds United?

Seems to me that, as so often in recent years, Leeds are doing a whole lot right.  And that is not necesarily an easy thing for me to say!

Could it be that it's because this is a RL forum? Don't forget that without people like us the Prozac industry would be bankrupt!

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/10/2017 at 1:36 AM, UxbridgeBunny said:

Must say im very underwhelmed by this redevelopment. For me Leeds should have been showing ambition to become the biggest rugby side in the country of either code. Leicester on the dark side  average about 21k which leeds should have been aiming for

Good to see  leeds finally spending some brass on the ground.

I would have thought caddick would have done it years ago.

The capacity will be pathetic for a club the size and success of leeds.

It should be attracting international games-if we had any-suppose that's why..

Leeds always used to be on grandstand in the 70's and eighties ,often with the late great John Atkinson,

running in  length of field tries .You don't see tries like that in super dooper league. 

if its just gonna be another soulless giant asda with some grass in the middle like leeds arena is a soulless giant asda with a stage then I wont be bothering, will away supporters be able to walk from one end to the other at half time exchanging v signs with the south stand or will there be the modern Nazi approach of stay where we want you- "bleiben  sie in ihrem klienen kunststoff sitz "??????

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

59 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Good to see  leeds finally spending some brass on the ground.

Before this development Leeds had spent around £12m on the stadium since Hetherington took control. No other club apart from St Helens and Warrington had spent anything close to that amount on their ground in that period.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Before this development Leeds had spent around £12m on the stadium since Hetherington took control. No other club apart from St Helens and Warrington had spent anything close to that amount on their ground in that period.

Good on you Gary-It just shows that Leeds and sl have reached a plateau .  

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

if its just gonna be another soulless giant asda with some grass in the middle like leeds arena is a soulless giant asda with a stage then I wont be bothering, will away supporters be able to walk from one end to the other at half time exchanging v signs with the south stand or will there be the modern Nazi approach of stay where we want you- "bleiben  sie in ihrem klienen kunststoff sitz "??????

A quarter of the ground being an uncovered hill should stop it from being too bland. Obviously it's not going to turn any heads in many football towns, or even St Helens and Warrington, and it's a pretty basic design and build for even a sub 20k stadium, but they'll be charging £35 a game for the central seats in the "South Stand" and they were only getting £20 a head from the fans who stood there before the downsizing/gentrification

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Images from yesterday. Looks like they are starting work on the North Stand although whether it is related to the final structure or the temporary stand or both I don't know.

image.jpeg.c3646a30fa68c89d761ae01dcbff34cc.jpeg

image.jpeg.439bed0a742f4334edc290fb2b7f19e6.jpeg

image.jpeg.a8eb99e34dce13236389d18dc4a728c4.jpeg

image.jpeg.8f3e0531201b31d53599c7d2942e93fd.jpeg

image.jpeg.b784d09b8fad10530a754b8d44eee0d1.jpeg

Looks good, always liked headingley and the new stands will give it a modern feel whilst keeping its character.  A lot better than a soulless flat pack new build.  

Up the Trin 

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Images from yesterday. Looks like they are starting work on the North Stand although whether it is related to the final structure or the temporary stand or both I don't know.

image.jpeg.c3646a30fa68c89d761ae01dcbff34cc.jpeg

image.jpeg.439bed0a742f4334edc290fb2b7f19e6.jpeg

image.jpeg.a8eb99e34dce13236389d18dc4a728c4.jpeg

image.jpeg.8f3e0531201b31d53599c7d2942e93fd.jpeg

image.jpeg.b784d09b8fad10530a754b8d44eee0d1.jpeg

South stand dosent look as big from the side. I wonder if they'll get rid of the flood lights and place them on the stands and fill in the South east and west corners to increase the capacity?

42 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

South stand dosent look as big from the side. I wonder if they'll get rid of the flood lights and place them on the stands and fill in the South east and west corners to increase the capacity?

Whilst I totally agree filling in the South East corner would have made perfect sense, I'd have thought if they were going to do it they'd have done it in this rebuild. Perhaps there is an issue that there is a lack of space in that corner - or at least enough to put a proper stand there without having to build right up to the road.

5 hours ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

I think they will be tweaking it up for the next few years 

JAMIE PEACOCK

21 hours ago, PeterTunks said:

A quarter of the ground being an uncovered hill should stop it from being too bland. Obviously it's not going to turn any heads in many football towns, or even St Helens and Warrington, and it's a pretty basic design and build for even a sub 20k stadium, but they'll be charging £35 a game for the central seats in the "South Stand" and they were only getting £20 a head from the fans who stood there before the downsizing/gentrification

so to get your position back in the south stand its gonna be 35 quid instead of 20?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

15 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

so to get your position back in the south stand its gonna be 35 quid instead of 20?

I guess that's how much the seats might cost when they start selling them? Since they are all effectively above the height of the back of the old stand the equivalent position would be the standing price which won't go up by much.

Archived