How many more?

bomberisgod

17 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

"U also think it's ridiculous the local amateurs didn't get enough time last year ."

they got far more game time and training time than " 3rd rate Traveller"  Joe had and one had a total mare of a game and was taken off after costing a 18 pt to 0 lead after only 15 mins , yet Joe is said to be 3rd rate and not wanted ? and SS claims no bias ?

all lads will make errors and have mares or under perform yet he chose to slate one , a traveller !

At least have the cojones to name the lad you are now "slating". At least Kieran Mewse had shown how good he can be with a practically flawless performance at the wreck. Hooking him after a couple of early errors in the game you refer to was a poor coaching decision - one of many from Clark over the course of the season. Laying the total blame for that early points deficit on Keiran is shameful - there were under performers all over the park that day. The Aussies have a term for your sort of disloyal dogma--- they call it " Crying stinking fish in your own backyard". 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Seaton Sandy said:

At least have the cojones to name the lad you are now "slating". At least Kieran Mewse had shown how good he can be with a practically flawless performance at the wreck. Hooking him after a couple of early errors in the game you refer to was a poor coaching decision - one of many from Clark over the course of the season. Laying the total blame for that early points deficit on Keiran is shameful - there were under performers all over the park that day. The Aussies have a term for your sort of disloyal dogma--- they call it " Crying stinking fish in your own backyard". 

who has slated anyone ? it is fact , it happened and I have said it happens to all of the lads at times and they will get over it . Something you also should instead of condemning only the travelling prospects 

11 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

you really are biased and blinkered and as for "disloyal" to local amateurs ? Scholey is one of my favourite players from the recent amatuer crop and forrester I rate highly , Gordon another belter too . the others are a bit off yet but are decent prospects and should make it in time .

12 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Poor coaching in that he should’ve hooked him 10 minutes earlier. 

Workingtons a local place for local people we'll have no trouble here! Jeeeezus...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

The squad last year on the bare bones that it was has set the foundations for the future. The season before they were hours from being liquidated so we can’t criticise any players who are proud to wear the shirt. I think at some point last season everyone under performed at some point as is the same for every season for every team in every league. Criticism of players is in every sport but who are we to judge. Chances are, half of us on here probably haven’t played rugby let alone semi-professional or higher so how can we sit on the side and call players. UTT

I agree with Gary that this is embarrassing.

Just because some guys aren't within a stone's throw from the stadium doesn't mean that they aren't local.

A team needs a blend of both local and travellers to be a successful team. You don't hear Leeds or Wigan fans whinging that there teams haven't enough local players in it.

I think that you are very blinkered SS and are related to either Kieran mewse or Callum Phillips and it's blinding your judgement

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

I also agree with Gary and Gonch, this is embarrassing so say the least, any good or great Town squad since inception has had a blend of travellers, overseas and local players, and as long as they perform in a Town shirt I for one couldn’t care less if they are from Seaton or Timbuktu. Get a grip and enjoy what is happening at the club now.

1 hour ago, Gonch said:

I agree with Gary that this is embarrassing.

Just because some guys aren't within a stone's throw from the stadium doesn't mean that they aren't local.

A team needs a blend of both local and travellers to be a successful team. You don't hear Leeds or Wigan fans whinging that there teams haven't enough local players in it.

I think that you are very blinkered SS and are related to either Kieran mewse or Callum Phillips and it's blinding your judgement

You got me! I am of course related to Mewse , Phillips (both of them) not forgetting Forber .Every great Town side in the past has been based on a foundation of quality locals leavened with a few valued travelers including some from the other side of the World. Nowhere on here have I ever claimed we can field a successful team made up purely of locals. What I do say is that any long distance imports have to improve what we already have. 

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

You got me! I am of course related to Mewse , Phillips (both of them) not forgetting Forber .Every great Town side in the past has been based on a foundation of quality locals leavened with a few valued travelers including some from the other side of the World. Nowhere on here have I ever claimed we can field a successful team made up purely of locals. What I do say is that any long distance imports have to improve what we already have. 

There’s some locals who are good but you wouldn’t want anywhere near your squad so you can’t have it both ways.

This season is looking a lot better with a coach that can push the club to the next level after DC failures last season, we should all be looking at the positives and the future, 

Moderator:I have been reading the previous posts and, have to agree that it is Embarassing to say the least.I have noticed some of our members are quite KEEN!! on having a go at our neighbours when they have a problem, and some of you relish in taking the opportunity to have a good old ###### take at them.A couple of you,and you will know who you are, are like two kids in a play school squabbling over a toy,I would like to remind you that you are talking about former, and incoming players,Please can we get back to some normality and continue with some dignity for yourselves and the players, and start acting like the true supporters that you are, and, let's stop these silly little arguments that have marred a good topic.Thankyou 

3 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Moderator:I have been reading the previous posts and, have to agree that it is Embarassing to say the least.I have noticed some of our members are quite KEEN!! on having a go at our neighbours when they have a problem, and some of you relish in taking the opportunity to have a good old ###### take at them.A couple of you,and you will know who you are, are like two kids in a play school squabbling over a toy,I would like to remind you that you are talking about former, and incoming players,Please can we get back to some normality and continue with some dignity for yourselves and the players, and start acting like the true supporters that you are, and, let's stop these silly little arguments that have marred a good topic.Thankyou 

I'll raise my hand to being a bit pedantic Trouty but if people are allowed to say travellers willing to wear the shirt of any club who are young prospects with a previous very good CV are not welcome or are casts offs or no better than what are already playing etc without being challenged then ban me now as they need putting straight .

19 minutes ago, town4me said:

Well getting back on thread then what do people think we still need to finish the squad off?

More travellers......

Wonder if leon is thinking of lacing his boots  up?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Archived