How many more?

bomberisgod

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got it all skill and physical wise bit I couldn't work with him again if he hadn't changed.

I'll leave it at that

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

1 hour ago, wonderofwood said:

The difference between paying win money for 24 games compared to around 14 needed to stay up could be as much as £3500 per player - That's a good chunk of money to throw around at that level. Add to that the additional funding and increase in crowd revenue and they well have the finances to compete. I hope they do and we go and join them next year. Not sure what they need in terms of players , only really watched them on the league downloads when i'm bored in the cab.

There is a local kid there called Ryan Johnstone , we should look at him if he doesn't sign this year.. 

I think we will have enough to compete and stay up but we're a bit light in certain positions however it's only early doors yet! Been very impressed with towns recruitment and really hope we stay up and see you guys in the championship next season. With regards to Ryan I can't comment on his attitude but from what I have seen of him he looks a handful, I think he's signed for another year perhaps two? However not sure how many games he will get next season with us having no easy games such as Hemel

On 13 November 2017 at 9:48 PM, Gonch said:

Jambos are skint marra, they used next year's sponsor money from AECOM to fund a big push this year or bust now they are cutting their cloth to suit.

A lot of players were offered reduced terms due to this and with Town finally getting their business heads on there aren't 2 clubs the players can trade off against each other. This should be better longer term for both clubs

I hope someone at AECOM dosent realise they have given Haven this seasons money when their sponsorship finished at the end of last season.

Cant believe haven would do that, it beggars belief if they did so, even more surprisingly is AECOM giving them all the cash up front for the 2018 season.

10 minutes ago, BIG MAC said:

Cant believe haven would do that, it beggars belief if they did so, even more surprisingly is AECOM giving them all the cash up front for the 2018 season.

I think what Davo5 is saying is that it's not true they spent AECOMS money as AECOM aren't sponsoring them this year. That's the way I'm picking that up. 

47 minutes ago, millomite said:

My understanding is you can borrow some from the next years RFL budget if needs be, which is what is rumoured to be the case for Whitehaven

Any club doing that is taking a big risk.   I am suprised the RFL allow that as its a club going for boom or bust.

24 minutes ago, town4me said:

Any club doing that is taking a big risk.   I am suprised the RFL allow that as its a club going for boom or bust.

We’ve done it for years 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

16 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

On another note Tom Curwen has had an operation on his shoulder this week and been signed off work for 6 weeks, which must put the start of his season in doubt.  

Hopefully OK for the start of the league then

43 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

I'd have ,

1 Forrester 

2 foster

3 singleton

4 patrick

5 miller

I think perry might have to play loose looking at the squad, can’t see many others playing there. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

14 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

More size then Patrick? Scott not a loose forward in a million years

I was meaning more size than singleton , I'd already said JP at centre , scott needs some utility if he wants games as I dont see him as a first team starter in this squad 

Archived