Haven reaction

town4me

6 minutes ago, Brow lad said:

So how do townies rate there new signings?

We’re very happy with our squad . It’s a marathon not a sprint , and you need only to look at last preseason to see its relevance . You deserved to win , hands up, but this could be a reality check for us and be a kick up the pants as to where you need to be and how you need to manage games and be tuned in  . I’m sure Leon who knows the score will have a few heart to hearts and we’ll see what we’ve learned in a fortnight . That’s all that counts and we just need to chill , take the blow and fix things that ARE fixable . We repeat the same things and that’s what Leon must sort , and I’m sure he’ll flog them to do it as we to often shoot ourselves . As long as our guys are healthy , available and ready to fight another day when it matters  . The squad we’ve assembled is no worse than it was on Sunday morning ! 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, haven n proud said:

And your fans are little angels I take it?one of a few worst fans I've encountered especially when your at home.

I never said our fans were angels in my post.The majority were in that shed you have behind the sticks and I couldn't hear for your lot constantly blaring out oscenities in my one good lug.Where were you incidentally?

1 minute ago, THMS said:

Well said about the haven supporters their language is absolutely disgusting. From kick off to the last whistle it was constant swearing. Absolutely no respect given to a player who seems to be seriously injured. They couldn't  even clap when he was stretchered off. 

Score board was an absolute joke. Worse than ours when it doesn't work !

Think Pryce has to have some serious words with the Town team. They were useless. Too many mistakes, didn't run up at the play the ball,1 man rugby, lucky to even catch the ball. 

Defence - did we have any ! 

I am so disappointed. Supporters went that haven't been for years... this was our opportunity to show them what were about this season and get them through the gate at Derwent park and we blew it ! 

Credit to Jamie Doran. He was by far the only one with any idea and passion today. 

Bailey would do better in a dance classes the way he pranced about when he got the ball... and that came from my 9 year old kid ! 

SORT IT OUT TOWN !! 

You must have been at a different game. Rooke was clapped off by everyone. But that wouldn’t have been an issue if you had won.

HW

I thought 1st 20 mins town were on top but penalties, yellows (some questionable) and the red cost us (unsure what happened with it) ...the 2nd half we looked very disjointed with little organisation, however that could be due to us having a back line of forwards! Sour note at the end with fans carrying on, both sides to blame, idiots!!  Positives... Doran, who even at FB was towns best.... It was an off day, and a reality check...Burns was havens best with the lad from Salford! Hope Rooke is OK

4 minutes ago, THMS said:

Well said about the haven supporters their language is absolutely disgusting. From kick off to the last whistle it was constant swearing. Absolutely no respect given to a player who seems to be seriously injured. They couldn't  even clap when he was stretchered off. 

Score board was an absolute joke. Worse than ours when it doesn't work !

Think Pryce has to have some serious words with the Town team. They were useless. Too many mistakes, didn't run up at the play the ball,1 man rugby, lucky to even catch the ball. 

Defence - did we have any ! 

I am so disappointed. Supporters went that haven't been for years... this was our opportunity to show them what were about this season and get them through the gate at Derwent park and we blew it ! 

Credit to Jamie Doran. He was by far the only one with any idea and passion today. 

Bailey would do better in a dance classes the way he pranced about when he got the ball... and that came from my 9 year old kid ! 

SORT IT OUT TOWN !! 

An ally at last.Cheers mate!

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We’re very happy with our squad . It’s a marathon not a sprint , and you need only to look at last preseason to see its relevance . You deserved to win , hands up, but this could be a reality check for us and be a kick up the pants as to where you need to be and how you need to manage games and be tuned in  . I’m sure Leon who knows the score will have a few heart to hearts and we’ll see what we’ve learned in a fortnight . That’s all that counts and we just need to chill , take the blow and fix things that ARE fixable . We repeat the same things and that’s what Leon must sort , and I’m sure he’ll flog them to do it as we to often shoot ourselves . As long as our guys are healthy , available and ready to fight another day when it matters  . The squad we’ve assembled is no worse than it was on Sunday morning ! 

Price has cancelled the players weekend off and apologised to the fans.  

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Really , well there you go . High standards he won’t take it 

He said in his interview he can take defeat but not in that manner.  Said he couldn't  comment on the cards  cause he would get in trouble.  

49 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Town started well in a stop start first half few good scraps livened it up bad decisions on both sides given but second half haven bullied town and should have been more convincing if some easy conversions were nailed I’m not getting too carried away it’s just the end of pre season but anyone who thought town would win easy got a reality check that haven are no mugs and will be up there challenging with a lot of kids in our squad. On today showing town look as though you have got a lot of cast of has Beens just looking for a pay check whoever said town would be fitter than haven well I suppose know nothing about fitness as town wer blowing out their backside 20 mins in the 2nd half on town behalf all I can say is wow! The better team won and easy in the end 

And too right they should be blowing they had 10 men for a decent period in that game ha

First and foremost does anyone know if scott is ok?

Disappointed with the performance today.

Big Tim strikes again in the middle demanding attention. Every yellow card was over the top IMO, the first one was a penalty, the next two neither player threw any punches, Bailey put his hand on the lads face ( another pen) What did Elliott do as i missed that one? Then in the second half he reffed completely differently and let things go.

That apart we were poor and with 12 men we struggled in defence. Haven took their chances and at times rode their luck but deserved to win. 

If we can't play sets out then we can't expect to win and there were some schoolboy errors. JD was outstanding but not much else get get excited about. 

Not overly fussed but Leon needs to get a few things sorted in the next fortnight.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

First and foremost does anyone know if scott is ok?

Disappointed with the performance today.

Big Tim strikes again in the middle demanding attention. Every yellow card was over the top IMO, the first one was a penalty, the next two neither player threw any punches, Bailey put his hand on the lads face ( another pen) What did Elliott do as i missed that one? Then in the second half he reffed completely differently and let things go.

That apart we were poor and with 12 men we struggled in defence. Haven took their chances and at times rode their luck but deserved to win. 

If we can't play sets out then we can't expect to win and there were some schoolboy errors. JD was outstanding but not much else get get excited about. 

Not overly fussed but Leon needs to get a few things sorted in the next fortnight.

Elliott had taken burns out off the ball that’s what the red was for pal

First and foremost I hope Rooke will be OK and has a full healthy quick recovery . Bailey will cost pts in the league but Ive said this before , miller is no fullback and he had it in for his better , but ive said this before , callum is better than towns equivalents but ive said this before , town werent facing barra or kids but ive said this before , fitness levels were no higher but ive said this before .

Just now, Havenfan13 said:

I'd like to see how many red cards are given for that over the season. Thanks pal.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Looking at the game on telly other day  I don’t know if a directive has gone out about handing out cards for minimal things , but it’s rugby league for ffs ! Refs at our level are inconsistent ,picky and pedantic anyway but if this is in top they’re gonna be causing even more mayhem than usual . They just interfere and influence games to much in general 

2 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

First and foremost I hope Rooke will be OK and has a full healthy quick recovery . Bailey will cost pts in the league but Ive said this before , miller is no fullback and he had it in for his better , but ive said this before , callum is better than towns equivalents but ive said this before , town werent facing barra or kids but ive said this before , fitness levels were no higher but ive said this before .

Callum is not better than Doran, your deluded I’m afraid. Not sure what Elliot done wrong as a fullback, it was his discipline that was at fault, not his performance. But you’ll be chuffed with your performance I’m sure

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

A yellow would have been sufficient for elliot. A referee should do all he can to keep all the players on the pitch. The first yellow for kicking the ball away was pathetic and unnecessary. Ref was poor today but we made it easy for him.

I must comment on the ground plus supports there isn’t a chance in hell I’d take my girlfriend and little boy to the recreation ground.. the language and obscenities coming out of middle aged men’s mouth is embarrassing .. it’s like beating town is life n death .. 

one thing I will say .. BOTH teams have some very VERY average travelling players 

Got to agree with some of the comments regarding the Whitehaven fans.... group of 4 teenage lads behind me in the kells end were calling Rooke a “f*ggot” while the poor lad was unconscious on the pitch... not the only ones, numerous fans shouting and celebrating the fact the lad was injured, disgraceful behaviour, different breed some of them Haven fans. 

Archived