Haven reaction

town4me

7 minutes ago, westizbest said:

I must comment on the ground plus supports there isn’t a chance in hell I’d take my girlfriend and little boy to the recreation ground.. the language and obscenities coming out of middle aged men’s mouth is embarrassing .. it’s like beating town is life n death .. 

one thing I will say .. BOTH teams have some very VERY average travelling players 

You should have heard the 4 female Town fans , when Rooke was down. #peopleinglasshouses

HW

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

You must have been at a different game. Rooke was clapped off by everyone. But that wouldn’t have been an issue if you had won.

HW

Why did u walk around and see every one of your supporters clapping. I can tell ya know your supporters where laughing not clapping. They want to learn some respect. Got nothing to do with winning or which team they were from ! 

To suggest Havens young lad at half back was rubbish is a joke . He kicked us to death second half .  Doran 

was MOM for me , never easy playing behind a beaten side but he made it look easy . Was a good runout for both teams and should hold us and them in good stead for the start of the season . 

Just now, Egbertnobacon said:

To suggest Havens young lad at half back was rubbish is a joke . He kicked us to death second half .  Doran 

was MOM for me , never easy playing behind a beaten side but he made it look easy . Was a good runout for both teams and should hold us and them in good stead for the start of the season . 

Agreed both sides needed this game 

1 minute ago, MIG45 said:

Got to agree with some of the comments regarding the Whitehaven fans.... group of 4 teenage lads behind me in the kells end were calling Rooke a “f*ggot” while the poor lad was unconscious on the pitch... not the only ones, numerous fans shouting and celebrating the fact the lad was injured, disgraceful behaviour, different breed some of them Haven fans. 

Steady on your own fans are a breed that doesn't need multiplying.yes they were out of order for saying those things while the lads laying injured possibly really badly.all fans at all grounds cheer when a players injured it's a first reaction but when they realise he is badly injured a different attitude is adopted.all fans on both sides clapped for Scott here's hoping he's fine.

I read this entire thread and nowhere did i find the score but I did learn that it seems it may have been an embarrassing effort by almost all, and the fans apparently behaved abhorrently.

I noted in the signing thread that Bailey was almost never given the ball when with TWP.   I hope he gets his act together but maybe its just too late.

The season is yet to start.  The coaches have some work to do...

15 minutes ago, haven n proud said:

When Callum was at yours he was the best in the league wonky. now he's at ours you have better,really ? 

Doran was our best player last season. And is a better half back than callum, I get called on here for not rating callum as highly as some all the time. Today certainly hasn’t changed my mind. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 minute ago, haven n proud said:

Steady on your own fans are a breed that doesn't need multiplying.yes they were out of order for saying those things while the lads laying injured possibly really badly.all fans at all grounds cheer when a players injured it's a first reaction but when they realise he is badly injured a different attitude is adopted.all fans on both sides clapped for Scott here's hoping he's fine.

I said “some fans” mate not all... don’t take it to heart. 

1 hour ago, westizbest said:

Game was totally spoiled by a whistle happy referee .. to send someone for 10 after 1 minute in a friendly is poor .. 

town well beat .. penky and leatherbarrow need to improve fast .. bossed it for 30 mins .. ran out of numbers second half ..

somrone needs to remove that large chip from millers shoulder ... his red card cost us the game .. luckily it was a friendly 

town played the only rugby ... pitch levels it .. 

No- the game was spoiled by a headless chicken performance from a Town side that had poor discipline and too many falling off tackles. Jamie Doran shone in an otherwise truly forgettable effort. Our "marquee" signings need to show that they deserve,and want, to be here. On today's showing Buffer is a much better option than Leatherbarrow who was dire. Best side won --- there I said it !       What concerns me most tonight is how Scott is --- never like to see the ambulance arrive whichever side the casualty is from. 

6 minutes ago, wonky said:
6 minutes ago, wonky said:

Doran was our best player last season. And is a better half back than callum, I get called on here for not rating callum as highly as some all the time. Today certainly hasn’t changed my mind. 

everyone will be better than Callum who you once rated so highly , Doran is class , always rated Jamie well before you knew of him , truth is both could be formiddable together with the right coach , which never seemed to happen .

3 minutes ago, haven n proud said:

How do you know they were fans ? Another assumption.the crowd was up because it was a derby that says to some folk oh lets go the haven game for a change.

Probably by the fact they were stood behind me celebrating when haven scored.... maybe gave it away pal! They were supporting haven... therefore fans... no two ways about it.

1 minute ago, Havenwarrior said:

Did not expect that result, disappointed and embarrassing, in my opinion Callum was the best player on the field.

If our BoD had backed him and instead of Dave Clarke both him and Brett would be wearing Town shirts today. It would not have been so bad but what did our BoD do sack Clarke after Callum and Brett packed in. 

Clarke should have been sacked long before Callum got fed up with Clarke messing him about, it was the BoD responsibility.

All this result will have done today is to confirm he made the right decision to go over to the dark side.

Callum could have turned the result today if he had been in our team.

The video of the fight doesn’t look good from a town perspective. Quite clearly shows a town fan attempting to throw a windmill. Very clear who it is so the club should be banning him from games. I’m sure he was provoked but it’s a bad reaction. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

19 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

I must comment on the ground plus supports there isn’t a chance in hell I’d take my girlfriend and little boy to the recreation ground.. the language and obscenities coming out of middle aged men’s mouth is embarrassing

I usually blame alcohol for those misbehaviours....maybe not always a fact...but I do believe it has a bad influence on too many folk...

Hope they are reading this and take note and can be more responsible....yes YOU !!!!!!!

1 minute ago, wonky said:

The video of the fight doesn’t look good from a town perspective. Quite clearly shows a town fan attempting to throw a windmill. Very clear who it is so the club should be banning him from games. I’m sure he was provoked but it’s a bad reaction. 

What video wonky and where at marra 

I'd expect callum to revert back to hooker when dion gets back. The other lad needs to do some serious work on his defence. 

Enough about haven. Thought Elliot was doing well at FB till his moment of head loss. Positioned himself well and came into the line a few times. I take it he will be looking at a few game ban? 

Just now, townie88 said:

I'd expect callum to revert back to hooker when dion gets back. The other lad needs to do some serious work on his defence. 

Enough about haven. Thought Elliot was doing well at FB till his moment of head loss. Positioned himself well and came into the line a few times. I take it he will be looking at a few game ban? 

Brad is only a kid he’s about 18 marra that will come with time 

27 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

You should have heard the 4 female Town fans , when Rooke was down. #peopleinglasshouses

HW

Just like to point out the “4 female town fans” were shouting at haven “fans” or maybe not fans just “haven lads” for laughing and making inappropriate comments while Rooke was down.... I agree both sets of fans didn’t do themselves justice at times but a lot of comments etc made while Rooke was down were made after he’d been down for 2-3 mins and it was clear it was a serious injury... fans or not, them people are not needed or wanted in rugby league at any level.

Archived