4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Just watched Hagler v Hearns from 1985 on Sky. What a 3 rounds that was! More action in 3 rounds than many fights have in 12.

Hagler was my first boxing hero . One of my first memories of the sport was him literally smashing up Minter . He was a frightening fighter.

Edited by DavidM

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Hagler was my first boxing hero . One of my first memories of the sport was him literally smashing up Minter . He was a frightening fighter.

Minter was a pretty good fighter. But pretty good wasn't good enough in this era.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Minter was a pretty good fighter. But pretty good wasn't good enough in this era.

I’m not sure he really knew what exactly was coming over to meet him . It’s like Ricky Burns defending against Terence Crawford , now and again you’re just plain unlucky !

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m not sure he really knew what exactly was coming over to meet him . It’s like Ricky Burns defending against Terence Crawford , now and again you’re just plain unlucky !

Minter was the Mike Gatting to Hagler's Shane Warne.

• Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy Fury denied visa to travel to the USA.  Admittedly it was for a Jake Paul fight press conference…. However the implications are that any fighter associated with a promoter who is a global drug baron might have trouble getting in the USA… 

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!