Hunslet

jroyales

On 08/04/2018 at 7:30 PM, Tangle said:

The club was ruined before mr Hamilton by clowns who walked away after building up big debts.

Who were these Clowns?. Can you name them?. Hope you don't mean SW, BQ, ML, SH and the numerous others who put into the Club and were mostly kakked on by you know who?

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Curly Wurly said:

Who were these Clowns?. Can you name them?. Hope you don't mean SW, BQ, ML, SH and the numerous others who put into the Club and were mostly kakked on by you know who?

What? Tangle clearly said "before Mr Hamilton" !!! Where any of those that you mentioned before CH. Quite obvious he means those that took the original  club to liquidation.

2 hours ago, Curly Wurly said:

You know who I mean curly , thousands wasted on average players in our two seasons in super league. I am not defending ch I just love the team .

when super league started it stated that each club had to have a ceo. on  £60.000 per annum.

our ceo. was james Quinn for 4 years until liquidation.

and wasn't it james quinns company that demolished watersheddings.

The Hunslet game was our worst performance for a good while, we seemed to just totally lose our way after the Briscoe disallowed try. Why I have no idea, a similar thing happened at Bradford after Crookys disallowed try, we seemed to drop heads and lose the game plan. We seemed to regress to the one man rugby of previous campaigns,that's what annoyed me more than the result.Hunslet just plodded on with decent basics, worked hard,and had no small lack of ability either. They took the opportunities and the rest is history. Their supporters were excellent too, really sound RL folk.

The expectation of some fans before the season was probably aimed a touch high, this league was perceived to be "easy". There are some very good sides in the division along with some weaker ones, we failed on Sunday with an awful last half hour, it's up to the lads and coaches to put it right this week against Keighley, it won't be easy,that's for sure,I fancy it will be a very different game to the friendly. We need to get the gameplan back that did for Haven and Fax,strong defence and throw the ball about more, allied with the belting kicking game we had until Sunday gone.

It's a blip,it's disappointing, but it's not over by a long chalk, there will be many twists and turns in the rest of the season. 

Looking forward to the Keighley game already and hoping for a positive response from the lads.

One "poor" result doesn't define the season, get behind the lads on Sunday and hopefully some positivity will return.

Up the Yeds!

It is a blip,one that needs resolving now,i suppose it's better to have it now rather than at the tail end of the season.They need to find out what happened in the Bradford and hunslet games,why did the game plan go to pot?This isn't the easy division and I knew it wouldn't be.The coaching staff and team need to address the issues.I really think these players have it in them,this is Oldham remember and we never do things the easy way do we??

Stats

Johnson-2 tackles. 2 misses. 6 tackle busts. 14 carries=104m

Eccleston-7 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. 15 carries=137m

Holmes-39 tackles. 3 misses. 9 carries=60m

Reid-13 tackles. one miss. 3 offloads. 3 tackle busts. 16 carries=111m

Nield-3 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 12 carries=100m

Crook-19 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one try assist. 8 carries=32m

Hewitt-2 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 3 carries=16m

Joy-25 tackles. one miss. one offload. 12 carries=93m

Wilkinson-28 tackles. one offload. 6 carries=38m

Neal-30 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. 13 carries=111m

Bridge-34 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 17 carries=109m

Langtree-39 tackles. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 13 carries=99m

Spencer-29 tackles. 3 misses. 12 carries=87m

subs

Owen-11 tackles.one miss. one try assist. 1 carry=7m

Jones-22 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. one clean break. one try assist. 9 carries=76m

Briscoe-20 tackles. 10 carries=64m

Nelmes-12 tackles. 9 carries=84m

Stats this week make interesting reading, forwards solid as usual, bad day at the office defensively for the backs (excluding Jack Holmes), looking at Johnno and Neildys stats defensively, I suspect that's maybe why we have signed the two Wakey lads. Thanks for the stats Brooksy, appreciated mate. Be a tough team selection this week for the boss.

12 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

The Hunslet game was our worst performance for a good while, we seemed to just totally lose our way after the Briscoe disallowed try. Why I have no idea, a similar thing happened at Bradford after Crookys disallowed try, we seemed to drop heads and lose the game plan. We seemed to regress to the one man rugby of previous campaigns,that's what annoyed me more than the result.Hunslet just plodded on with decent basics, worked hard,and had no small lack of ability either. They took the opportunities and the rest is history. Their supporters were excellent too, really sound RL folk.

The expectation of some fans before the season was probably aimed a touch high, this league was perceived to be "easy". There are some very good sides in the division along with some weaker ones, we failed on Sunday with an awful last half hour, it's up to the lads and coaches to put it right this week against Keighley, it won't be easy,that's for sure,I fancy it will be a very different game to the friendly. We need to get the gameplan back that did for Haven and Fax,strong defence and throw the ball about more, allied with the belting kicking game we had until Sunday gone.

It's a blip,it's disappointing, but it's not over by a long chalk, there will be many twists and turns in the rest of the season. 

Looking forward to the Keighley game already and hoping for a positive response from the lads.

One "poor" result doesn't define the season, get behind the lads on Sunday and hopefully some positivity will return.

Up the Yeds!

Thanks for that. Was a great day out for us. Some really good banter between the supporters and you are a really friendly bunch who all wished us well for the journey home and the rest of the season. Good luck for the rest of the season except of course on the 24th June at SLS. 

On 10/04/2018 at 7:27 PM, Tangle said:

You know who I mean curly , thousands wasted on average players in our two seasons in super league. I am not defending ch I just love the team .

I'm not referring to Oldham RLFC (pre 1997). That Ship has sailed. This Club is 21 years old with no assets, dwindling Fan base, no communication with the Fans, run solely by a Man who won't take advice and or suggestions given by well meaning persons who want only the best for the Team, Merchandise problems every Season etc etc ect

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

Archived