Hunslet Hawks Predictions

Cl1998

They were just a workmanlike side but invite them back into the game and they'll punish you and they did. We gave away 3 penalties for holding down that gifted them the first comeback try and the second was the usual barge over we seem to defend every other week. Olstrum MOM for me , he put a shift in of non stop effort and couldn't understand why he been subbed, went back on 10 minutes later and did the same. Unfortunately it's a tough league and effort alone isn't enough. If it didn't come off Jamie nothing much happened.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some narrow minded so called fans on here need to have a word with themselves!! RL is a very tough competitive sport and it sounds like a lot of you who ##### and complain have never played it, And given that we had our cup final last week and picked up injuries to a couple of key players it was still a game where game management cost us. I mean the last 3 games we have lost have been by a total of 11 points! We are not far off the bench mark and when we turn up we are one of the top 3 sides in the division. Consistency will come! Stay positive. ??

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

I think some narrow minded so called fans on here need to have a word with themselves!! RL is a very tough competitive sport and it sounds like a lot of you who ##### and complain have never played it, And given that we had our cup final last week and picked up injuries to a couple of key players it was still a game where game management cost us. I mean the last 3 games we have lost have been by a total of 11 points! We are not far off the bench mark and when we turn up we are one of the top 3 sides in the division. Consistency will come! Stay positive. ??

I think one or two on here may take offence to being called narrow minded and non players , they make comments on what they listened to on the radio , the game was won and then lost in a 15 mins capitulation , people have a right to say how they felt about what they witnessed and if they weren't happy , its a natural reaction to be upset at a loss and your comment is way too harsh .

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Spare us the old "If you've never played the game you have no right to comment" line. Might as well shut the forum down if that's the criterium. Have a word with yourself. 

11 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

I think one or two on here may take offence to being called narrow minded and non players , they make comments on what they listened to on the radio , the game was won and then lost in a 15 mins capitulation , people have a right to say how they felt about what the witnessed and if they weren't happy , its a natural reaction to be upset at a loss and your comment is way to harsh .

No really mate, I appreciate fans get frustrated but it’s all about the big picture and I’m 100% sure that as a club we are building and moving in the right direction. People need to get realistic with our targets. We have a new inexperienced coach with a lot of new players. It takes time to gel and like I said it will come. I mean we are bordering on the bulls arrogance thinking we have a given right to turn decent sides over on there own patch.

5 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Spare us the old "If you've never played the game you have no right to comment" line. Might as well shut the forum down if that's the criterium. Have a word with yourself. 

see  you can sometimes have good comments without any latin or esparanto or whatever :D

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

No really mate, I appreciate fans get frustrated but it’s all about the big picture and I’m 100% sure that as a club we are building and moving in the right direction. People need to get realistic with our targets. We have a new inexperienced coach with a lot of new players. It takes time to gel and like I said it will come. I mean we are boarding on the bulls arrogance thinking we have a given right to turn decent sides over on there own patch.

yes you are allowed that opinion but without belittling others for theirs 

Here we go again how dare anyone who hasn't played the game at a serious level have an opinion. True blue I find your comments a tad offensive. Can't you see its the frustration of another Sunday afternoon of disappointment, lets face it we have had plenty recently, but most of us will turn up at DP and pay our £16 & support the lads. What would home attendances be like if they depended only on current and x players.  

1 minute ago, Anonymouse said:

yes you are allowed that opinion but without belittling others for theirs 

I am aloud what ever opinion I feel like I wish to express sir. I also think you will find that all of mine are constructive and positive. 

It's always said don't get carried away with a good win and don't get carried away with a loss. 

It's sport,you win you lose,a bit of  perspective, and maybe hanging back whilst emotions are high is now my approach for what it's worth. 

Disappointing to give up 4 points with haven & Hunslet but there is such a long way to go and teams will be taking points of each other from Donny all the way down to Skolars and NWC who will pick up surprise wins. 

North Wales Sunday, let's get back down to D.P and go again.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

I dont think anyone is tearing into the team for today its maybe just frustration after last week. I think heightened fan expectation may be the issue after this team has been out together too.  It will take longer than one season to assemble a team to seriously  challenge  for promotion. Didnt barrow take 3 years?

Love it another 3 year plan. 

35 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

I think some narrow minded so called fans on here need to have a word with themselves!! RL is a very tough competitive sport and it sounds like a lot of you who ##### and complain have never played it

Sorry but that is neither constructive nor positive . It is more abusive and offensive and condescending , Sir . 

People have opinions but saying fans want us to lose , are narrow minded ( generally?) and no nowt if they haven’t played the game is out of order . Maybe it’s because people do care enough to get worked up and frustrated ? We may do this and we may do that down the line ... but to often it’s Groundhog Day that we don’t and that’s the repeating irritation with us . Until we get over that we’ll be one step forward one back . To get yourself into these positions and not close it out with the experience we’ve garnered is a concern and it’s  costing us . 

1 minute ago, town blue said:

Here we go again how dare anyone who hasn't played the game at a serious level have an opinion. True blue I find your comments a tad offensive. Can't you see its the frustration of another Sunday afternoon of disappointment, lets face it we have had plenty recently, but most of us will turn up at DP and pay our £16 & support the lads. What would home attendances be like if they depended only on current and x players.  

Not at all voice your opinion but do it without slagging players off. These lads put a shift in week after week and many play injured every week. Everyone gets frustrated but coming on here to be a keyboard warrior with negative drivel and naming players is wrong. 

On 12/04/2018 at 7:08 PM, wonderofwood said:

Town to win and win big . Last week will give them a world of confidence. Momentum is massive in this sport and Pryce will be driving that home all week. 

That’s what I like about you wonderofwood you are so knowledgeable about the game. You obviously have a good rugby league background which is what separates your posts from the dross on here.

23 minutes ago, town4me said:

No suprise you appearing tonight after taking such a big scalp today. You seem obsessed with plans who said anything about  town and a 3 yr plan? 

All you need is a 12 month plan and a go fund me account don’t you? 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

8 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

All you need is a 12 month plan and a go fund me account don’t you? 

We should go with that crowd-funding thing. Matty Smith is looking for game time so let's see if we can raise the bunce?  The jam got the begging bowl out for their kumuls so let's give it a go? ?

44 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

That’s what I like about you wonderofwood you are so knowledgeable about the game. You obviously have a good rugby league background which is what separates your posts from the dross on here.

45 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Thanks to all the haven supporters liking my post . What’s up boys have you managed to score a few today 

Archived