Hunslet Hawks Predictions

Cl1998

After the 'Shock' win against Bradford bulls we will have some huge momentum going into this game and with the signings of Fui Fui and Karl will boost the squad even more. The side will also be confident having beaten Hunslet Parkside on the South Leeds Stadium. Going forward these are teams we need to beat to stand a promotion chance.

Hunlet also have just lost their Fullback to family commitments

Hunslet Hawks 16-34 Workington Town

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two quality players to add to the squad. I think Fui scored 12 tries last year so at 38 he'll still be a handful when he's fit. Not this Sunday though and I would think Scholey for Maudling will be the only change unless Foster or Forrester are back.  Our away form needs to improve but Keighley won there so we should scrape a win 25-20.

4 hours ago, Cl1998 said:

After the 'Shock' win against Bradford bulls we will have some huge momentum going into this game and with the signings of Fui Fui and Karl will boost the squad even more. The side will also be confident having beaten Hunslet Parkside on the South Leeds Stadium. Going forward these are teams we need to beat to stand a promotion chance.

Hunlet also have just lost their Fullback to family commitments

Hunslet Hawks 16-34 Workington Town

Just love your optimism marra. :shout: We have to start showing some consistency it's no good playing pants one week then brilliant the next, that wont bring the fans back. Hunslet had a great win last week and it's always tough going there but these are the teams we need to be beating home and away if we going to challenge for the top 4. It's Town so impossible to call, I thought we would beat haven but we didn't. :shout:

We are not Hawks anymore, just Hunslet RLFC. Just saying like. Should be a good game after both teams getting good wins last week. We can pretty much beat anyone in this league on our day but are also capable of utter dross and lose to anyone so who knows. Bit of a promo on for the game U16’s admitted free. See you Sunday and have a safe journey down. 

After a fantastic result and 2 further high profile signings, I would expect a win albeit in a close game. With the squad know assembled the expectation levels will increase both from the club and us supporters , but with that brings a price on our teams head, every other team will see us as a scalp and the team to beat, every team will raise their game to beat the Town . The pressure mounts but we  have players with vast amounts of experience that should be able to cope.

8 hours ago, hogman said:

We are not Hawks anymore, just Hunslet RLFC. Just saying like. Should be a good game after both teams getting good wins last week. We can pretty much beat anyone in this league on our day but are also capable of utter dross and lose to anyone so who knows. Bit of a promo on for the game U16’s admitted free. See you Sunday and have a safe journey down. 

Sounds just like us mate it should be interesting ;)

10 hours ago, hogman said:

Far better name ! Although you do realise you’ve stumped headline writers who see Hawks ... Eagles etc and automatically write they ‘ swoop ‘ or ‘ go in for the kill ‘ etc etc ... just like Lions always roar , or more often look toothless etc ... and any other animal does what they think it does 

Its all about discipline and minimising errors now and not letting teams off the hook. Get that right and with a bit of luck with injuries we have everything else we need to win any game; I liked Leon's comment that the only ones who can beat us from now on in are ourselves. 

40 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Far better name ! Although you do realise you’ve stumped headline writers who see Hawks ... Eagles etc and automatically write they ‘ swoop ‘ or ‘ go in for the kill ‘ etc etc ... just like Lions always roar , or more often look toothless etc ... and any other animal does what they think it does 

Yeah you are right. Now its normally a case of Huns-let the opposition run riot, or Huns-let forwards run amock in try fest.

All this talk of fui fui, we know he can’t play for a weeks eh. Be a very tight game. We’re more than capable of winning, yet we are 100% capable of making a total hash of it. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

25 minutes ago, wonky said:

All this talk of fui fui, we know he can’t play for a weeks eh. Be a very tight game. We’re more than capable of winning, yet we are 100% capable of making a total hash of it. 

Perhaps we wanted to sign him before his next birthday. 40

1 hour ago, Billy Bob said:

Perhaps we wanted to sign him before his next birthday. 40

If your 38 & your next birthday is in September I'm sure that makes 39 your next birthday. 

We need size, and numbers, we went through last year with Scholey,Curwen and Coward as our signed props. No doubt being asked to get through & play with injuries. Look at the impact to Curwen still in rehabilitation after finding all sorts of damage to his shoulder.

We are stocked with pack leaders Wilkes,Bailey & Moimoi, and supplemented by some real younger talent. 

We hopefully can rotate , rest and manage all 7 in what's a brutal position to give us impact in every game

Utt

25 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

If your 38 & your next birthday is in September I'm sure that makes 39 your next birthday. 

We need size, and numbers, we went through last year with Scholey,Curwen and Coward as our signed props. No doubt being asked to get through & play with injuries. Look at the impact to Curwen still not right after finding all sorts of damage to his shoulder.

We are stocked with pack leaders Wilkes,Bailey & Moimoi, and supplemented by some real younger talent. 

We hopefully can rotate , rest and manage all 7 in what's a brutal position to give us impact in every game

Utt

Tough in cheek comment, point I was making imo he is at the end of his career and its a gamble.

1 hour ago, Ginock1 said:

We need size, and numbers, we went through last year with Scholey,Curwen and Coward as our signed props. No doubt being asked to get through & play with injuries. Look at the impact to Curwen still in rehabilitation after finding all sorts of damage to his shoulder.

Utt

The way we are structured like most teams these days you ideally need 5 middle units per game, 2 props, I lock and 2 on bench.

Given the sheer physicality of the position and likelihood of injury having 7 front rowers signed is just about manageable. Bonus if one or 2 can play back row as with Joey.

It will be an interesting game this weekend.  What has that performance took out the tank? 

If we are looking to compete, we should be getting a win. You' fancy the likes of Bradford, York and Donny to get points so we should be looking for it also. 

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

got to be a win  , no good beating the bulls and then sinking to an average hunslet side , away points will determine success and thats what will make the difference at the top end come August/sept

I wouldnt call them average ..certainly not on their home patch.

Archived