Rochdale team and predictions :

JimbobRam

28 minutes ago, muddyfunster said:

I think this does Rochdale a disservice, we are a team on par with them and Swinton etc. What we shouldn't be doing is loosing to these sides at home. Games such as today are vitally important.

Quite right. Rochdale deserved the win and it is worth remembering that they are riddled with injuries, much more than we are in fact. Something is badly missing - a spark of confidence, determination, team cohesion, whatever it may be defined as. The players that we have, on paper, are certainly capable of putting up a much better show than that today.

The referee wasn't perfect but didn't affect the outcome of the match at all; some fans appeared to be trying to blame him for the result but they really should take the blinkers off.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem with coaching in my opinion. We have no set plays, no direction. It's always the same last play, nothing remotely new. We are/should be above the likes of these, Swinton etc, but not happening. If players aren't fit, don't play, otherwise it has to be our best team out every week.....get them playing as a team with direction. 

5 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I thought last week was a shambles and today probably matches it, but did that disallowed goal actually go between the uprights or not? That's the first time I have ever seen the referee overrule both touch judges. 

It's very rare too when you see not a forward pass in a game, but that's what happened today - well the officials didn't see any, but we spectators did.

Rochdale stuck to whatever plan they had and hats off to them for sticking with it to the bitter end (bitter for us anyway). Well done to them.

Sorry CF but we were pulled back for a forward pass early doors when Brown looked clear ...... The officiating was pony & trap but let's not use that as an excuse for being stupid ourselves ....... Can ANYONE telk me what Dave Merrick does ???? Cos he sure as shugar isn't helping us to reduce our penalty count against !!!!

The performance was poor and you can’t help wondering where the magnificent defence against Toronto had gone? The ref actually had a good game in my opinion with only the dubious conversion and the Knowles tackle the questionable decisions and they would not have made a difference to the final outcome; the PTB seemed on the whole to be either cleaner or the infringements ignored and it made for a quicker game. We need to regroup quickly and target the Swinton, Sheffield and Barrow (H) games as three proverbial cup finals. At least life watching the Rams cannot be accused of being boring...

9 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

The performance was poor and you can’t help wondering where the magnificent defence against Toronto had gone? The ref actually had a good game in my opinion with only the dubious conversion and the Knowles tackle the questionable decisions and they would not have made a difference to the final outcome; the PTB seemed on the whole to be either cleaner or the infringements ignored and it made for a quicker game. We need to regroup quickly and target the Swinton, Sheffield and Barrow (H) games as three proverbial cup finals. At least life watching the Rams cannot be accused of being boring...

Neither is jumping off a cliff, but at least you only get the option of doing that once. Disappointing crowd, disappointing performance, and disappointing result, and I can't honestly see how we are going to fix it with the current players. Do we still have a fitness coach, because our fitness levels looked Morrisonesque yesterday. I'm assuming poor old Worrincy has been asked to bulk up, in order to perform the wingers main task of carrying the ball out of defence. Nobody came out of yesterdays performance with any real credit, and the only bright spots were Scott's try (looks big, strong and fairly quick) and Gazer's solo. Congratulations to Rochdale,  with heart like that, they could yet survive.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

21 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I thought last week was a shambles and today probably matches it, but did that disallowed goal actually go between the uprights or not? That's the first time I have ever seen the referee overrule both touch judges. 

You'll like this:

"Judging kicks at goal 11. If a Touch Judge is of the opinion that a goal has been scored he shall raise his flag above his head. If the kick is unsuccessful he shall wave his flag in front of him and below the waist. It there is no disagreement between the Touch Judges their
decision shall be accepted. In the event of disagreement, the Referee shall decide."

http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/rules/laws_of_the_game/scoring

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You'll like this:

"Judging kicks at goal 11. If a Touch Judge is of the opinion that a goal has been scored he shall raise his flag above his head. If the kick is unsuccessful he shall wave his flag in front of him and below the waist. It there is no disagreement between the Touch Judges their
decision shall be accepted. In the event of disagreement, the Referee shall decide."

http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/rules/laws_of_the_game/scoring

As I've posted in reply elsewhere, I've seen it the other way round where the TJs have signalled no goal but the ref has given it, much to the amusement of the home crowd as the kick had missed by some distance.

Good game yesterday Dewsbury, both teams played to win instead of playing not to lose, proves they both still have fight.

You played well through the middle big lads making big yards and made it difficult for us.

It was our first win at your place since 2007 so I doubt we will win this fixture in the 8s lol.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

We really where terrible on Sunday, fair play to Rochdale who faced us with plenty of injuries and can hold their heads high.

us however... 

we seem incapable of making smart decisions at key times. The most obvisous one to me is the worrincy drop when all we needed to do was to drive down the field and smash the ball into the corner for a scrum. Teanby (who played well as usual) double movement over the line on the second tackle for example. We should have had a decent cushion by the end of the game but bad decisions as usual cost us that and in the end Rochdale wanted it more. 

I don't understand the brand of rugby we play at the moment our pack is not big enough to break the line (in contrast to say Halifax who ran over the top of us) so why do we offload the ball so rarely which makes the props work even harder as teams can throw as many defenders into the tackle as they like.

why was Dom Speckman brought off when he was by far our best creative player? I understand the idea of rotating the hookers but when one is playing so well why bring him off? 

Worrincy I don't get he was visibly holding his shoulder and arm most of the second half so why was he asking for the ball? He dropped two key passes one for a try and one late on as mentioned above he needs to sort his game out and start being more consistent, when he's on form he's great.

when we looked at the squad at the beginning of the year we said we look light at prop and halfs and low and behold that's exactly where we are struggling. English and to a lesser extent wakeman helped but you cannot rely on loan players as it has so often burned us. 

Frustated, but I do believe NK can drag us around. A couple more faces in the pack would help though and proper signings at least until the end of the year. 

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

Worrincey dropped a ball that was passed badly behind him - Offiah would have caught it, Rob didn't.

The switch of Ward for Speakman baffled me. Ward needed to be brought back on yet we had our best patches of play when Speakman was on the filed. The most obvious switch to my simple eyes was to bring off Knowles and bring on Ward, switching Speakman to stand off. But what do I know?

NK is quoted today on Facebook saying that there will be no more signings.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

NK is quoted today on Facebook saying that there will be no more signings.

Yet in his Radio Leeds interview he intimidated thatch when the transfer window * opens, he will be bringing in players. 

*I didn't know there was a transfer 'window' to open, or when it closed. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

36 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Yet in his Radio Leeds interview he intimidated thatch when the transfer window * opens, he will be bringing in players. 

*I didn't know there was a transfer 'window' to open, or when it closed. 

From May 1st players who aren't contracted for the 2019 season are permitted to talk with other clubs about that season, but not this one. that is what is often referred to as the RL Transfer Window, incorrectly as is often the case.

5 hours ago, jamesb0551 said:

Worrincy he needs to sort his game out and start being more consistent, when he's on form he's great.

This is an issue with many players in the Championship. One of my favouites Alex Brown very similar in ability to Worrincy (and others) just couldn't quite make it to SL. Dewsbury have too many players coming down from the top of their hill imo

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

This is an issue with many players in the Championship. One of my favouites Alex Brown very similar in ability to Worrincy (and others) just couldn't quite make it to SL. Dewsbury have too many players coming down from the top of their hill imo

and alex made ten a worrincy to be fair, always makes far too many yards accross the pitch rather than up it, legs of a racehorse with performance of a shirehorse.

Archived