M.O.M. Fev V Hull (Cup)

Surprised to see Ridders mentioned as he was targetted and came up short on defence on numerous times. Ditto Misi.

Josh, Luke and Robbo all went well in the 3/4ers. Holmes was plucky and put a couple of lovely passes in.

Thackers had a mare (he's no FB) but Im glad he showed grit and bounced back.

Up front we did the opposite of last week from the off with not enough grunt. Only one true heavy prop (Wheelie) and two middle defenders (Knowles and locky) who were both outstanding on defence but don't give us the go-forward. Hock did. Coops & Brooks went ok too. Davies still not 100% fit and up to 2017 form.

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Surprised to see Ridders mentioned as he was targetted and came up short on defence on numerous times. Ditto Misi.

Josh, Luke and Robbo all went well in the 3/4ers. Holmes was plucky and put a couple of lovely passes in.

Up front we did the opposite of last week from the off with not enough grunt. Only one true heavy prop (Wheelie) and two middle defenders (Knowles and locky) who were both outstanding on defence but don't give us the go-forward. Hock did. Coops & Brooks went ok too. Davies still not 100% fit and up to 2017 form.

That first point bothers me going forward.......Middle 8's etc (if we get there)

5 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

So.... who were your three??

7 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

It's a team game Robin. I don't do MOM, never have. I don't like it on SKY and whisper it but I dont really like the Lance Todd either. Players have good and bad matches, but we're all in it together.

I'll go wi that.

I accept that yes, its a team game. But sometimes one or two players make above and beyond contributions that stand themselves out from the rest and as such attracts attention.

Sometimes no player stands out. Sometimes they all do.

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'll go wi that.

I accept that yes, its a team game. But sometimes one or two players make above and beyond contributions that stand themselves out from the rest and as such attracts attention.

Sometimes no player stands out. Sometimes they all do.

And I'll go wi that too.

SOmetimes you can call "best player on the park today" or "matchwinner" about a player. No problem.

Very often, not. Some MOM stuff is farcical.

This vote on here, organised by Steve, gets us talking and is ok as far as it goes.

On 5/11/2018 at 11:50 AM, marklaspalmas said:

Without Riddy there would be no foundation in attack. We are talking about a half back having to tackle centres that are as big as our props.

1 hour ago, Phil Loxton said:

Without Riddy there would be no foundation in attack. We are talking about a half back having to tackle centres that are as big as our props.

Riddy and Holmes have been great signings for us and collectively have been arguably the best half back pairing in this division - when we've got the ball.

However..... If they both tackled with the same conviction we could be better still.

22 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

Ridyard is our attack. That simple. He's our leader and takes us round the park. He's been a hugely influential signing and will continue to be. I really like him. 

Hell be very disappointed with some of his tackles, most notably on their centre. Who is a big unit. 

Hock

Holmes

Briscoe

Take away the two dropped bombs by Thackeray, which most full backs would have struggled with, and he would be in my top 3.

Wildie also lifted the side almost as much as Hock when he came off the bench.

6 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Hock

Holmes

Briscoe

Take away the two dropped bombs by Thackeray, which most full backs would have struggled with, and he would be in my top 3.

Wildie also lifted the side almost as much as Hock when he came off the bench.

Wildie does what Kainy used to do for us.Bit bewildering why he was left out in Toulouse. 

1. Holmes

2. Hock

3. Briscoe

A really great effort from the whole side, apart from that awful first quarter, which may have been a case of giving Hull far too much respect (we've been guilty of this before against SL teams in the 8s), but could have just been a case of being too slow to get going (which we can sometimes get away with in the Championshiip). Or a combination of the two. Once we'd forced our way back into the game we didn't look too far off them, and everyone put in a cracking shift. Hull didn't like it up 'em did they?

1 hour ago, Steve Slater said:

Agree with this too, Thacks recovered well from those early nerves and really helped bring us back into it. Hats off to Briscoe too for yet another fantastic try-scoring performance - Leigh next on the hit list.

Final voting result for Hull FC (cup):-

1st- Hock, 86 votes, 3pts.

2nd- Briscoe, 53 votes, 2pts.

3rd- Holmes, 43 votes, 1pt.

Archived