London Broncos Game

CanadianRugger

Chatting to a few of the players at the touch rugby event this aft...Bussey definitely a scratch but you have to feel for Beswick, he is devastated to be suspended for the "real" home opener.. Ngawati training with the team in Toronto - wonder what this heralds??

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Chatting to a few of the players at the touch rugby event this aft...Bussey definitely a scratch but you have to feel for Beswick, he is devastated to be suspended for the "real" home opener.. Ngawati training with the team in Toronto - wonder what this heralds??

They'll probably try to get him some game time for the Dewsbury/Barrow/Sheffield/Batley/Rochdale games while playing the main team against London/Leigh/Featherstone games

5 hours ago, NickWeaver said:

They'll probably try to get him some game time for the Dewsbury/Barrow/Sheffield/Batley/Rochdale games while playing the main team against London/Leigh/Featherstone games

That would be fantastic!

For the first time - they have posted on their website/twitterfeed  tickets $25.00

"limited availability"  think Lamport is close to being a sell out!!!

We are a party of 24 heading over today. 4 Season ticket holders and an entourage we have convinced to come with us. Some returnees but a significant number of first timers who we hope to make regulars. Run with the Pack!!

Good performance from the pack, seemed pretty comfortable throughout. 

Crowd was good. It seemed busier than some of the equivalent attendances posted last year. Are they counting a different way?

What s with the new cheerleaders? They are so amateur compared to the She Wolves, they literally have no coordination. The She Wolves were mainly from the Raptors 905 team.By far a class above this group of hacks.

2 hours ago, ojx said:

Good performance from the pack, seemed pretty comfortable throughout. 

Crowd was good. It seemed busier than some of the equivalent attendances posted last year. Are they counting a different way?

What s with the new cheerleaders? They are so amateur compared to the She Wolves, they literally have no coordination. The She Wolves were mainly from the Raptors 905 team.By far a class above this group of hacks.

The scoreline was decisive but haven't seem the game yet. 

What was the crowd figure?

Hopefully the She Cubs will improve with experience.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

37 minutes ago, RayCee said:

The scoreline was decisive but haven't seem the game yet. 

What was the crowd figure?

Hopefully the She Cubs will improve with experience.

The announced crowd was 7300 and change

Where was the hot dog cannon....where was the hot dog gun....I want the hotdog gun back....where was our hot dog cannon?  Did someone from Leigh steal our hotdog gun....have they  no shame?

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Where was the hot dog cannon....where was the hot dog gun....I want the hotdog gun back....where was our hot dog cannon?  Did someone from Leigh steal our hotdog gun....have they  no shame?

Apparently danger from flying shrapnel caused it’s demise. One poster here was hit and lucky to survive. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Good to be back at the Den with the smelly new turf and a solid crowd. Didn't expect they would win and dominate that easily.

image.png.489fcc5a571419d7d43f05180991b55f.png

image.thumb.png.2e28513e3f1c6091d7816d37eb92601e.png

Broncos out of the top 4 with Leigh knocking at the door...

image.png.f35d7729dec68cc11ec2e3fb74825c3e.png

Look at Leeds... maybe they want to travel to Toronto in September...

image.png.259ba7f5e9cfa466da32a2f1fb94e6e7.png

I'd love to see Toulouse at Lamport - keen to see if they attract a strong Quebecois contingent as it will give an inkling as to the depth of interest in a potential Montreal team. 

37 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I'd love to see Toulouse at Lamport - keen to see if they attract a strong Quebecois contingent as it will give an inkling as to the depth of interest in a potential Montreal team. 

Instead of playing our "home" game against at Magic Weekend, we should have played it in Montreal to test the market. Hopefully Toulouse will be over here in the 8s.

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

compressed air and a hot dog wrapped in foil - what flying debris?

They improved their system over the course of last season.

Hopefully they will put the tackle count back on the scoreboard for the next game. I find it really helpful after a few brews. How hard can this be?

I'd like to see the Pie Commission there at each game. They also need to reduce the line up to buy beer tokens. They need another selling point.

484039760_IMG_0345(1).JPG.bdbf8a377e5e8afb9a3c2ca56d0cd522.JPG

yes the beer token line was ridiculous, one at each end please.

And agree on the tackle count- very useful when yr full of mojito's.

I was the one who put Pie Commission and TWP together for Fletchers..being a big fan of their pies n sausage rolls it seemed to be a natural but the problem is the city controls the food concessions at Lamport and they cannot bring in outside vendors. A pity as a beer and sausage roll is my idea of heaven. 

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Leave it Kman or a permanent ban awaits.

rldfsignature.jpg

Can i ask you guys? If you say you post a crowd of, lets say, 6000, does that mean you had 6000 paying spectators?

36 minutes ago, TMF said:

Can i ask you guys? If you say you post a crowd of, lets say, 6000, does that mean you had 6000 paying spectators?

No idea if they all pay but if I remember correctly, that is the number of people through the gate as the city keeps count. Can anyone confirm?

They won't all be paying but I can't hazard a guess as to how many buy their own ticket. The club entertains sponsors in the hospitality tent but that would be considered good marketing, no? I'd guess corporate sponsors would get some free tickets -- that's pretty common in the sports world and not just in Toronto. All part of the deal.

Season ticket holders are allowed two free tickets this season to bring friends - that's also good promotion, I'm bringing people who will likely come to future games and then they'll pay for a ticket.

I've seen the rumours that we're handing them out by the bucketful in the town square (wherever that is). But I think maybe people are confusing us with Huddersfield.

Archived