Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fenton Knight

New stadium

Recommended Posts

Can see the new stadium from our house, it’s really starting to take shape. This last three weeks it seems to have sprung up at a rapid rate. 

 


"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awesome...we'd better slap some paint around at Lamport before season opens in 2019!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can someone send me the address for the place..I want to see if I remember exactly where it is..tks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good pics of Clarence Street in the ' Yesterday once more ' feature on the Knights twitter feed , brought back some good memories. You could smell the embrocation filtering up from the dressing rooms in the main stand and on more than one occasion I witnessed a touch judge tripping over outstretched legs in the dug outs the pitch being so tight to the stand .?

Edited by Stirlin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Some good pics of Clarence Street in the ' Yesterday once more ' feature on the Knights twitter feed , brought back some good memories. You could smell the embrocation filtering up from the dressing rooms in the main stand and on more than one occasion I witnessed a touch judge tripping over outstretched legs in the dug outs the ground being so tight to the stand .?

Happy days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And a couple more, the first of the view looking across to the west stand, which had really shot up in recent weeks, and the second of the back of the east stand at night.  It looks impressive.

E33D03C2-FAC6-4F3A-8916-9E7B6FDD3E17.jpeg

03180D2C-0ADA-4E26-B369-6F646E4E62DB.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

It's good to win at home, but it's better to win away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see it in person..when the WP play the Knights i'm comin' home!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Yes, we dont go to the new stadium till end of July.

That's great. We've booked the hotel already, love it in York. ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, Stirlin said:

Some good pics of Clarence Street in the ' Yesterday once more ' feature on the Knights twitter feed , brought back some good memories. You could smell the embrocation filtering up from the dressing rooms in the main stand and on more than one occasion I witnessed a touch judge tripping over outstretched legs in the dug outs the pitch being so tight to the stand .?

Question. Was it Clarence Street or Wigginton Road or either?


rldfsignature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Question. Was it Clarence Street or Wigginton Road or either?

The ground was at the junction of Clarence Street, Wigginton Road and Haxby Road. The Postal address of the secretary's office was Wiggington Road, the Oval Ball club was Haxby Road, the ground was always known locally as Clarence Street. although technically it should have been Bootham Stray. Hope that clarifies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GaryHall said:

The ground was at the junction of Clarence Street, Wigginton Road and Haxby Road. The Postal address of the secretary's office was Wiggington Road, the Oval Ball club was Haxby Road, the ground was always known locally as Clarence Street. although technically it should have been Bootham Stray. Hope that clarifies.

 

Thanks for the clarity :no: I'm from Hull and we always knew it as Wigginton Road. I can't recall anyone calling it Clarence Street.


rldfsignature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Thanks for the clarity :no: I'm from Hull and we always knew it as Wigginton Road. I can't recall anyone calling it Clarence Street.

Most York fans called it Clarence Street, I always found it odd when the ground wasn't even on Clarence St.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Thanks for the clarity :no: I'm from Hull and we always knew it as Wigginton Road. I can't recall anyone calling it Clarence Street.

Radio reporters in those days always dubbed  the ground as Wigginton Rd , maybe why outsiders thought the same.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...