Dear Diary

On 8/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, Bleep1673 said:

I met a London Broncos/etc fan of 35 years,

Was that how odl he was or how long he'd been one?

On 8/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, Bleep1673 said:

then I met a guy who started working at Hope Hospital, Salford

Born there, done that, got the tee shirt!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

#CorbynwasrightandFordesaidso!  Trusscouldn'tcareless v Keith AWOL Tory vast majority in the making.

6 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Fan for 35 years, through all their various names

That's impressive, and to think some people can't even walk down the road to their club!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

#CorbynwasrightandFordesaidso!  Trusscouldn'tcareless v Keith AWOL Tory vast majority in the making.

Off to Greenwich for barrier training part 2. Managed to get an ultimate "fast" train. Well fast for here, only 3 stops between home & London Bridge. 08.07 from St Leonard's Warrior Square.

Usually can be up to 14 stops on the next one.

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Off to Greenwich for barrier training part 2. Managed to get an ultimate "fast" train. Well fast for here, only 3 stops between home & London Bridge. 08.07 from St Leonard's Warrior Square.

Off peak ticket too. 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

29 minutes ago, ckn said:

My goddaughter turns 18 on Friday. She was born in 2000...

My nephew turns 18 next Sunday ... and he’s just passed his driving test , and started a plumbing course ( the third thing he’s started since school ! )

I've just put the bins out.  Our usual bin day is Thursday but it's always shifted by a day for bank holiday weeks.  One of our neighbours was out when I put the bin out and he said "how do you always remember that it's a day later?"  He was genuinely confused as to how I knew not to put my bin out on Thursday.  Ah well.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Advert that keeps getting repeated on LBC radio:

"You WANT a Maserati but NEED a SUV, why not have both?"

No...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

All packed and ready to fly off tomorrow for a week of relaxed living, good eating and great surfing! ? 

What time do you land at Sutton on Sea International? 

• Like 1

I'm interested in that drive, that rush to judgment, that is so prevalent in our society. We all know that pleasurable rush that comes from condemning, and in the short term it's quite a satisfying thing to do, isn't it?

J. K. Rowling

36 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Decided to another airport this time. The transfer, to here, will be much shorter. 

_20180222_090337.JPG

Good ole Porthcawl!

I'm interested in that drive, that rush to judgment, that is so prevalent in our society. We all know that pleasurable rush that comes from condemning, and in the short term it's quite a satisfying thing to do, isn't it?

J. K. Rowling

I've just done an hour of my Rosetta Stone Italian course, I seem to get better marks when I do the stereotypical Italian hand gestures when talking in Italian...  A bad habit to get into...

21 minutes ago, ckn said:

I've just done an hour of my Rosetta Stone Italian course, I seem to get better marks when I do the stereotypical Italian hand gestures when talking in Italian...  A bad habit to get into...

I was in Rome in 2001. Once I started speaking in a comedy Italian accent, they treated me as fluent. 

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014