Town@Training?

troutmaster

48 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

So he sold plugs. Where is he getting the money from. Genuinely don’t want it to go t*ts up but it doesn’t look like there’s been much due diligence. He became interested when he saw they were in trouble he said in the paper . Don’t be caught up in the desperation. It needs cool heads for the future of the club 

There is no future for the club without investment and theres hardly a que of people wanting to invest, had town been in exactly the same position and the same consortium came forward do you think the town fans would be any differrent in there response/hope.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think what intrigues me is Radio Cumbria’s sports team thoughts on the new “investors”. No searching qustions just acceptance that this is good. I think haven fans and shareholders need the following questions answered;

1. What money has been put in to date by the new investors? 

2. If nil are they going to take over haven for £33k? As this seems to be what they are going to contribute. What share in the club are those who have raised the monies to date going to get?

3. Mr Harvey says he is going to be full time at the club next season. Is he going to be paid for this?

4. If he is going to be full time does that mean Amanda Hewer is going to be made redundant? 

5. Why was Mr Harvey’s consortium turned down by Stockport County.

6. What sort of sums are being budgeted for being spent over next 3 years and what sort of crowds are being planned for. Are the funds being invested by the consortium as “Directors Loans”, that they will want back if things do not go well.

7. Where is the increased income coming from if gates do not improve? Barrow is a much bigger town than Whitehaven and even in the league above and with much more locals in their team they only average 1200. How are haven going to average 1500?

There are so many other questions like these still to be fully answered but a deadline has now been set by the consortium before the whole proposal has been fully debated and reviewed. 

foggieraider13.gif

10 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

There is no future for the club without investment and theres hardly a que of people wanting to invest, had town been in exactly the same position and the same consortium came forward do you think the town fans would be any differrent in there response/hope.

Probably not. All I’m saying is that there appears to be no due diligence taking place. Some of the claims being made about the investment are fanciful 

32 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

We would probably have  the same response/hope. I am glad you are getting sorted as no one wants to see a club fold.  However i would urge caution over these figures donald is going on about.  You know when something  sounds too good to be true.

I think as supporters we can only hope that this works out. We are in a dire situation which is nobody’s fault other than our Board. We can only watch and wait and leave it to the directors and shareholders to sort out. One thing I do know is that if things stay as they are your nearest derby game will be Barrow or Newcastle.

53 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Probably not. All I’m saying is that there appears to be no due diligence taking place. Some of the claims being made about the investment are fanciful 

i personally havent heard of investment of that level but he did state that all debt for the next 3 seasons would be covered to make us self sufficient, its also been said that one of the consortium when announced would cause a shock in the rl world (rumblings of a very famous premier league footballer whos coming to the end of his career) what most are missing though is mr harveys business is based on working and recommending trades/businesses which opens him up to a massive ammount of businesses he deals with daily does it not therefore a massive potential for investers.

If that’s the case why would the consortium go through the embarrassment of having to beg for survival and have a just giving page. Business is done partly on confidence. If they had any money it would make more sense to cover the 60k shortfall now and  promote the club to other investors in a more positive light. Unless I’m missing something 

4 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

If that’s the case why would the consortium go through the embarrassment of having to beg for survival and have a just giving page. Business is done partly on confidence. If they had any money it would make more sense to cover the 60k shortfall now and  promote the club to other investors in a more positive light. Unless I’m missing something 

is the debt not there through lack of interest  from fans and investors alike and some bad board decisions to try and field a competitive team. The 60k shows there is an interest im the area and its worthwile to carry on.

Firstly, we need haven so I want to see them survive.

However today will see those down the road declare how fantastic the #rlfamily is as Bradford do a bring and buy sale to raise a few quid for the chuggers of West Cumbria. It will be conveniently forgotten how venomous haven were in wanting Bradford to be relegated when they went into admin a few seasons ago. Some of the comments on social media were frenzied. All forgotten now in the love in. #haven2010 #haven2018 #neeshame

5 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

However today will see those down the road declare how fantastic the #rlfamily is as Bradford do a bring and buy sale to raise a few quid for the chuggers of West Cumbria. It will be conveniently forgotten how venomous haven were in wanting Bradford to be relegated when they went into admin a few seasons ago. Some of the comments on social media were frenzied. All forgotten now in the love in. #haven2010 #haven2018 #neeshame

Just like this forum the comments of a minority do not represent the views of the majority! Happy Father’s Day. 

9 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

your clutching at straws marra at the end of the day havens board made some bad desicions to try and keep the club going and generate a crowd that backfired big style and we are where we are. Im hoping the consortium do turn things around and make us self suficient with a successful youth structure.

im pretty certain that there was some shocking comments from alot of fans from alot of clubs town included.

Still think a amalgamated west Cumbrian team with a  new stadium drawing from one pool of supporters and one pool of local players with some investment is a more sustainable option for both clubs than  trying to go our own individual paths the way things are going.

Foggieraider13 regarding point number 2 of your message, the Rev is owned by the Miners Club and the lease on the rugby ground is held by a RL charity who Haven pay  a rental to so £33k for use of the buildings which would go into the possession of the charity if Haven folded doesn’t seem a lot

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

14 hours ago, Haven 1 said:

is the debt not there through lack of interest  from fans and investors alike and some bad board decisions to try and field a competitive team. The 60k shows there is an interest im the area and its worthwile to carry on.

Serious  question. So will you be remamed again to whitehaven 2018? Or will it stay haven2010??

Let's hope they get a good gate and the consortium is as good as their bluster, the current board needs flogged for what they have done. I was told at the beginning of last season it was siht or bust for them to go up and were relying on Mr Eilbecks cash because they knew the club is in his blood.  TT should hang his head in shame.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, town4me said:

Serious  question. So will you be remamed again to whitehaven 2018? Or will it stay haven2010??

why would we be renamed were not in administration or going bankrupt if the money is raised the 93k is a forcasted loss 

14 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Poor crowd for a tenner. Bad decision as they’ve shot their bolt with the tenner crack. Town got similar without all the Live Aid crack. Whitehaven doesn’t want it 

What was the crowd at town today mate

lots down at the rec that i havnt seen for along time.

Archived