Town@Training?

troutmaster

Well,Sorry boys&girls has there is not a lot to write about tonight.The coach(Leon)had the lads in the club house for over an hour watching the video of i would presume the York game,When they eventually returned to the hallowed turf of Derwent park they looked in better spirit than then they went in.I normally go on about the training and what they did but tonight,they went straight into match day mode by going through various moves that the coach wanted them to take in for the donny game.At first i noticed a rather subjude atmophere on the field but after 10 minutes or so it started to warm up and get a bit more physical, and to be honest that was what was needed to take any bad feelings that anyone had and kick them right out of the ground.I actually had a good walk on to the field before the lads came out, and believe me it was rock hard  but they didn't care and just got on with it.There was 3 DR lads up tonight, but 2 were from Leigh which were Jack(I will have to remember his effing name?)blagburgh or something like that and Kyle lovett who is still receiving treatment from our physio Nigel.The other is a young kid from St Helens who can play wing or Centre and only a kid  but a big lad indeed.It was also good to see big Gordon back doing light training,but sadly Karl olstrum was having treatment on a shoulder injury.Overall,a good turnout for Leon with no sign of anyone spitting any dummies out which i was pleased about,but most important i think the lads were more than enough looking forward to the donny game which i am sure they or us fans do not want to lose.And to finish,a lot of fuss has been made about James newton and his fall out with coach,but on that field tonight there was not one sign of any fall out between them two at all.There you go townies thats all for tonight,lets hope you can all get down on Sunday and cheer the lads to victory,If they all give us a 100% performance has we know they can we can beat any team that comes to Derwent park.PS:I was wrong,there was a lot to talk about after all.?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Well,Sorry boys&girls has there is not a lot to write about tonight.The coach(Leon)had the lads in the club house for over an hour watching the video of i would presume the York game,When they eventually returned to the hallowed turf of Derwent park they looked in better spirit than then they went in.I normally go on about the training and what they did but tonight,they went straight into match day mode by going through various moves that the coach wanted them to take in for the donny game.At first i noticed a rather subjude atmophere on the field but after 10 minutes or so it started to warm up and get a bit more physical, and to be honest that was what was needed to take any bad feelings that anyone had and kick them right out of the ground.I actually had a good walk on to the field before the lads came out, and believe me it was rock hard  but they didn't care and just got on with it.There was 3 DR lads up tonight, but 2 were from Leigh which were Jack(I will have to remember his effing name?)blagburgh or something like that and Kyle lovett who is still receiving treatment from our physio Nigel.The other is a young kid from St Helens who can play wing or Centre and only a kid  but a big lad indeed.It was also good to see big Gordon back doing light training,but sadly Karl olstrum was having treatment on a shoulder injury.Overall,a good turnout for Leon with no sign of anyone spitting any dummies out which i was pleased about,but most important i think the lads were more than enough looking forward to the donny game which i am sure they or us fans do not want to lose.And to finish,a lot of fuss has been made about James newton and his fall out with coach,but on that field tonight there was not one sign of any fall out between them two at all.There you go townies thats all for tonight,lets hope you can all get down on Sunday and cheer the lads to victory,If they all give us a 100% performance has we know they can we can beat any team that comes to Derwent park.PS:I was wrong,there was a lot to talk about after all.?

Who’s the other 2 DR? 

CI1998,I am not sure but the winger Bailey is one and the other would be  Larne patrick.We also had an ex Wigan warriors lad up a couple of times but forget his name(its old age that causes it?)but i heard last night that Patrick was not playing for Leigh 1st team,And i certainly would have him back for sure.I have already heard that York&Doncaster have written to the RFL complaining about haven signing players whilst the issue of having the begging bowl out for the stability of their club..I do not like to see the haven club in trouble "AGAIN." but, you really have to ask "WHY" they have allowed themselves to get in this position full stop..

21 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

I have already heard that York&Doncaster have written to the RFL complaining about haven signing players whilst the issue of having the begging bowl out for the stability of their club.

Wow!  When has this happened? (if true)

53 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

CI1998,I am not sure but the winger Bailey is one and the other would be  Larne patrick.We also had an ex Wigan warriors lad up a couple of times but forget his name(its old age that causes it?)but i heard last night that Patrick was not playing for Leigh 1st team,And i certainly would have him back for sure.I have already heard that York&Doncaster have written to the RFL complaining about haven signing players whilst the issue of having the begging bowl out for the stability of their club..I do not like to see the haven club in trouble "AGAIN." but, you really have to ask "WHY" they have allowed themselves to get in this position full stop..

Not a shock can’t blame them and deffo bailey and large Patrick two good playerd

11 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Got the electrics sorted yet Trouty?

There was never anything wrong with the electrics, the testing certificate had lapsed and was sorted in a week.

Given the events 10 miles south of DP over the last couple of weeks I wouldn't be crowing about anything just yet. 93k in the hole even after one of your directors has put 300k of his kids inheritence into the club over 3 years. There are still more creditors coming out of the woodwork too. Now all the eggs are in the basket of a consortium without any due dilligence after more than one sporting club have said no thank you to them. And you have the neck to point to an admin error after June left..... Really??

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

12 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

There was never anything wrong with the electrics, the testing certificate had lapsed and was sorted in a week.

Given the events 10 miles south of DP over the last couple of weeks I wouldn't be crowing about anything just yet. 93k in the hole even after one of your directors has put 300k of his kids inheritence into the club over 3 years. There are still more creditors coming out of the woodwork too. Now all the eggs are in the basket of a consortium without any due dilligence after more than one sporting club have said no thank you to them. And you have the neck to point to an admin error after June left..... Really??

?????????

20 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I have already heard that York&Doncaster have written to the RFL complaining about haven signing players whilst the issue of having the begging bowl out for the stability of their club..I do not like to see the haven club in trouble "AGAIN." but, you really have to ask "WHY" they have allowed themselves to get in this position full stop..

Hmm,didn't posters get suspended for going off topic and turning a thread into a petty squabble,at least it gets the Geordie jackanory involved I suppose.

21 hours ago, Cl1998 said:

Not a shock can’t blame them and deffo bailey and large Patrick two good playerd

But neither in the squad for Sunday?

Archived