Town@Training?

troutmaster

13 hours ago, Marrafan said:

?????????

Your Messiah Mr Harvey actually said on Radio Cumbria that he felt 1-17 Haven had the best team in the league even better than Bradford now that's worth a laugh!

And also added that the debt is more than he was led to believe so already he's been misled , whats next step begging bowl ammounts being raised to 100k ?

You guys best start thinking about coughing up more!

That word misled is very apt considering the whole of RL have fell for this believing that it's all just happened where as the whole of cumbria knew AECOM had decided to end Sponsorship ages ago but hey ho your bod just kept spending the same ammounts basing budgets on crowds you've never had for years.

First rule of budgeting....budget for your worst possible outcome and if it goes well alter if need be. Football clubs budget to be knocked out in the first round of cup competition especially in the lower leagues. You can't budget for what you haven't got. 5yr deals to Shacks, 3 to Dion ...its endless. Absolute unbelievable catalogue of ridiculous decisions and then make out you've been hard done to.

You could make a film - " As bad as it gets! " get your new man Paul Wood to plug that on Rugby am.?

Now Shareholders are holding up the deal because maybe actually someone has cottoned on to this charade and why are the incoming boys haggling over 60k when they're on about investing 6 figures yearly so a bit of research has probably took place and realised there business records and filed accounts don't show to be up to those ammounts.

A great new dawn possibly....., however even if they come in and they haven't got money at least your rid of the people responsible and can move forward, new directors don't have to have money to make a positive difference in a boardroom. 

I actually believe the truth is they want a debt free club to start from -understandable but will aim to run it better rather than being held back by the debt the fools who ran it previously had accumulated.

Some of the things that have been said are interesting concepts and the only way forward for all clubs is to reignite the youth interest in the game in Cumbria, if that happens then naturally over time the pool of amateur players will increase some will go semi pro and the rest hopefully stock up the local  teams But will take time + patience and a plan. 

But going  back to topic. Glad town trained well Trouty? and actually like the fact that Lovett came up even though the obviously not fully fit. Could easily just stay at Leigh until hes ready. Fair play. 

Utt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

Your Messiah Mr Harvey actually said on Radio Cumbria that he felt 1-17 Haven had the best team in the league even better than Bradford now that's worth a laugh!

And also added that the debt is more than he was led to believe so already he's been misled , whats next step begging bowl ammounts being raised to 100k ?

That word misled is very apt considering the whole of RL have fell for this believing that it's all just happened where as the whole of cumbria knew AECOM had decided to end Sponsorship ages ago but hey ho your bod just kept spending the same ammounts basing budgets on crowds you've never had for years.

First rule of budgeting....budget for your worst possible outcome and if it goes well alter if need be. Football clubs budget to be knocked out in the first round of cup competition especially in the lower leagues. You can't budget for what you haven't got. 5yr deals to Shacks, 3 to Dion ...its endless. Absolute unbelievable catalogue of ridiculous decisions and then make out you've been hard done to.

You could make a film - " As bad as it gets! " get your new man Paul Wood to plug that on Rugby am.?

Now Shareholders are holding up the deal because maybe actually someone has cottoned on to this charade and why are the incoming boys haggling over 60k when they're on about investing 6 figures yearly so a bit of research has probably took place and realised there business records and filed accounts don't show to be up to those ammounts.

A great new dawn possibly....., however even if they come in and they haven't got money at least your rid of the people responsible and can move forward, new directors don't have to have money to make a positive difference in a boardroom. 

I actually believe the truth is they want a debt free club to start from -understandable but will aim to run it better rather than being held back by the debt the fools who ran it previously had accumulated.

Some of the things that have been said are interesting concepts and the only way forward for all clubs is to reignite the youth interest in the game in Cumbria, if that happens then naturally over time the pool of amateur players will increase some will go semi pro and the rest hopefully stock up the local  teams But will take time + patience and a plan. 

But going  back to topic. Glad town trained well Trouty? and actually like the fact that Lovett came up even though the obviously not fully fit. Could easily just stay at Leigh until hes ready. Fair play. 

Utt

Actually agree with you. I think there is a majority of Haven supporters who agree with you and don’t believe we’ve been hard done it. Bad management pure and simple.

9 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

Utt

Well said mate even Bob Geldof and Midge Ure are meant to be penning a charity hit.

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Hmm,didn't posters get suspended for going off topic and turning a thread into a petty squabble,at least it gets the Geordie jackanory involved I suppose.

Davo,I have not said anything that is untrue.I can tell you with all fairness that there are two teams from Div1 that have written to the RFL complaining about Whitehaven signing players when they are about to go bust, and  are now begging for money from hardworking fans no doubt like yourself, when it is the board that have nearly ruined the club again..

30 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Davo,I have not said anything that is untrue.I can tell you with all fairness that there are two teams from Div1 that have written to the RFL complaining about Whitehaven signing players when they are about to go bust, and  are now begging for money from hardworking fans no doubt like yourself, when it is the board that have nearly ruined the club again..

Is that true because someone from Town told you Trouty? or true because the RFL or the clubs themselves have told you? If it is the first then you are as guilty of spreading rumours as others.

2 hours ago, Ginock1 said:

and why are the incoming boys haggling over 60k when they're on about investing 6 figures yearly s

Anybody who thinks someone will pump 6 figures yearly into  any semi pro RL club with no return is off their rocker.

3 hours ago, Ginock1 said:

Utt

This is what a lot of  whitehaven supporters are saying at work. They lay the blame at the feet of Todd, and want him gone ASAP.

Back to Town v Donny and I hope for a powerful forwards display which I think we’ll get, and I can see us winning by 8-10 points.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Anybody who thinks someone will pump 6 figures yearly into  any semi pro RL club with no return is off their rocker.

90k is going into the academy set up over 3 years one of the kells coaches taking that on and 400k a season into the first team. The second director who joined the board last week runs the main delivery firm who are going to deliver to the new mine getting opened up who are gonna be doing a 6 figure sponsorship deal over 3 years and that's happening takeover or not.

1 hour ago, Marrafan said:

Is that true because someone from Town told you Trouty? or true because the RFL or the clubs themselves have told you? If it is the first then you are as guilty of spreading rumours as others.

If donny are complaining why is their chairman putting on free buses to the haven away game next month.

9 minutes ago, donald said:

90k is going into the academy set up over 3 years one of the kells coaches taking that on and 400k a season into the first team. The second director who joined the board last week runs the main delivery firm who are going to deliver to the new mine getting opened up who are gonna be doing a 6 figure sponsorship deal over 3 years and that's happening takeover or not.

Delivery company.....I hope he's delivering spades so that they can bury the past so all the consortium will get through director due diligence....?

2 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Fair point Marrafan,I cannot tell you whom it was i heard it from, but i can assure you it was from very good source at Town who told me after they had met the York director's on sunday.I am not one for spreading rumours but it is your privilige to accuse me of doing so..

1 hour ago, donald said:

Donald no disrespect but i think you can't see the wood for the trees mate.  Haven like town dont have the fan base or population to support that investment. You would end up with 13 travellers which would cause no end of problems and alienate the amatuer players. In theory sounds great but in practice it wont last.

2 hours ago, donald said:

You actually believe that they are going to put £1.5m in ? Seriously ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

If what’s been said is true sounds very fishy but desperate times call for desperate measures..... 

far to many people who don’t understand that rugby is a totally different proposition to every other business involved in the Pro game 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

14 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Not being funny marra but have you seen the company balance sheet of Driller Man and you’re aware that harvey’s Business only launched last week? 

Harveys business started 2016 he got business entrepreneur of the year for new businesses in 2016 and was a senior manager for an electrical firm before that for 9 years 

20 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Not being funny marra but have you seen the company balance sheet of Driller Man and you’re aware that harvey’s Business only launched last week? 

No i havent marra 

Holy cow this sounds like a nailed on massive investment!

People will believe what they want when they are desperate it's like Michael knighton all over again, they sound like a couple of chancers

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

13 minutes ago, donald said:

Harveys business started 2016 he got business entrepreneur of the year for new businesses in 2016 and was a senior manager for an electrical firm before that for 9 years 

So he sold plugs. Where is he getting the money from. Genuinely don’t want it to go t*ts up but it doesn’t look like there’s been much due diligence. He became interested when he saw they were in trouble he said in the paper . Don’t be caught up in the desperation. It needs cool heads for the future of the club 

On 6/16/2018 at 12:16 PM, Ginock1 said:

Utt

Great post

Archived