Town@Training?

troutmaster

Havens problems surely were all down to last years lets throw everything at it to go up first time attitude and nothing really to do with this years money worries .If the Board budgeted on unrealistic gates well that is always a gamble . When Town got into trouble in the 90`s it was a similar situation , trying to gain promotion the season after relegation instead of taking stock .

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Havens problems surely were all down to last years lets throw everything at it to go up first time attitude and nothing really to do with this years money worries .If the Board budgeted on unrealistic gates well that is always a gamble . When Town got into trouble in the 90`s it was a similar situation , trying to gain promotion the season after relegation instead of taking stock .

We got relegated from super league with a scratch squad then spent big the year after didn’t we 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

11 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Gloss over if you will . 2000 wanted and not got. Tombola Kings of West Cumbria x

No glossing over anything wanted 2000 got 1500 probably between 500-600 fans from bradford so i would make that around 400 up on a standard gate would town not be happy with 400 more fans sometimes people cant see the forest for the trees, im certainly happy but proof will be at the next home game.

1 hour ago, Haven 1 said:

What was the crowd at town today mate

lots down at the rec that i havnt seen for along time.

You should really compare both crowds at the same fixture which I believe whitehaven had 110 more people, but if you factor in the tickets were only a tenner at the Haven game town will have taken a lot more on the gate

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

3 minutes ago, Gonch said:

You should really compare both crowds at the same fixture which I believe whitehaven had 110 more people, but if you factor in the tickets were only a tenner at the Haven game town will have taken a lot more on the gate

Probably true gonch not going to argue but this wasnt just about money over the turnstile which quite obviously in towns case was a quick fix, its more about trying to generate a intrest in the club again so we have a decent gate every home game

2 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

Probably true gonch not going to argue but this wasnt just about money over the turnstile which quite obviously in towns case was a quick fix, its more about trying to generate a intrest in the club again so we have a decent gate every home game

Both clubs need to engage better with there local amateur clubs that’s a huge target audience for ticket sales that remains untapped into 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

19 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

No glossing over anything wanted 2000 got 1500 probably between 500-600 fans from bradford so i would make that around 400 up on a standard gate would town not be happy with 400 more fans sometimes people cant see the forest for the trees, im certainly happy but proof will be at the next home game.

Fathers day 

world cup on 

weather very poor 

so all things said and done not a bad effort 

29 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

We got 1350 without this mass call for fans to Save Haven......Call Bob Geldolf now it's critical. 

Bulls brought 400 to D.P 

It's a status quo because of their draw

Let's be honest.. you are f#####

9 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

We got 1350 without this mass call for fans to Save Haven......Call Bob Geldolf now it's critical. 

Bulls brought 400 to D.P 

how many of the 1350 , have season tickets 

4 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

Bulls brought 400 to D.P 

Think were along way of being f#### as you call it at the end off the day we have more or less got the 60k, pretty much got sponsership for next year and a new board who want what both haven and town fans have been crying out for i for one am excited at the end of the day they have generated more interest in the last 2 weeks than ive seen in years. with out the bradford fans today we would of been knocking on the door of a 1000 fans which is an improvement which ever way you look at it but as i said before we will see what the next home game brings 

13 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

Think were along way of being f#### as you call it at the end off the day we have more or less got the 60k, pretty much got sponsership for next year and a new board who want what both haven and town fans have been crying out for i for one am excited at the end of the day they have generated more interest in the last 2 weeks than ive seen in years. with out the bradford fans today we would of been knocking on the door of a 1000 fans which is an improvement which ever way you look at it but as i said before we will see what the next home game brings 

It’s a pretty drastic way to generate interest . 

The majority will have been coming to watch Bradford not Whitehaven.

11 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

The majority will have been coming to watch Bradford not Whitehaven.

Why Gt at the end of the day its just a champ 1 game. Could it not be that old fans that have stopped coming decided to come out and support the club. Its pretty obvious you have a burning hatered for whitehaven you never answered my question on the other thread as to why you donated just so u could claim it back. very very sad bitter individual.

Because it was Bradford, that's my point

6 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

Because it was Bradford, that's my point

Dont think it was Ginock although it will of helped there seems to be a bit of interest around town at the minute, alot of fans claimed to stay away because of the price so haven addressed that for this game as ive said there was alot of old fans there that hadnt been down for along time 

5 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

I'm gonna be honest here. 

Do I want haven to go bust - No

Just be below Town. 

But be honest £10 to get in v the Bulls and only pull in 400 extra fans , I'd be very, very concerned. 

its a start and a move in the right direction is it not.

Yep. Not sure who your next game is at home but that's a better indicator. As I say don't want to see anyone go pop. 

There's been a lot of interest, never seen as much Haven based traffic on socials but that's hard to replicate week in week out without resource. 

Why Gt at the end of the day its just a champ 1 game. Could it not be that old fans that have stopped coming decided to come out and support the club. Its pretty obvious you have a burning hatered for whitehaven you never answered my question on the other thread as to why you donated just so u could claim it back. very very sad bitter individual.

I don’t want Haven to go bust I just like honesty.

10 hours ago, Haven 1 said:

Dont think it was Ginock although it will of helped there seems to be a bit of interest around town at the minute, alot of fans claimed to stay away because of the price so haven addressed that for this game as ive said there was alot of old fans there that hadnt been down for along time 

Correct you addressed it but will you be charging £10 for the rest of the season against lesser opposition?

Archived