R19 Coventry Bears

AB Knight

After the highs of yesterday, back on it with a vist from an improving Coventry Bears who've won 3 matches in a row and had their first win against a 'heartland' team (Keighley).

Be interesting to see what side they put out, they had quite a few players missing against Keighley on Saturday due to the student 4 Nations. I believe they also have a match on Wednesday against West Wales in which case it could be a 4 match winning streak.

It has to be a professional performance Sunday to avoid any slip ups. Also again I hope there's a good crowd, don't think I've ever seen so many comments on the Press articles and I hope even more who were lost to the sport in the past come back.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 8 point buffer we have at the mo could be crucial , coming up we have Worky away , Oldham hitting some good form,

Hunslet and Haven last game of the regular season. Coventry have Brad Delaney in their side with a point to prove , he was their star man against Keighley.

This game will certainly be no walk over and we will have to go into the game with the right attitude and forget yesterday's game.We now have our best set of forwards at club for a long time and we are i now in a position to rotate the pack without making it weaker.Hope many of the supporters who went to Bradford yesterday can come and get behind the boys on Sunday.

51 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

The 8 point buffer we have at the mo could be crucial , coming up we have Worky away , Oldham hitting some good form,

Hunslet and Haven last game of the regular season. Coventry have Brad Delaney in their side with a point to prove , he was their star man against Keighley.

It could, but we have to play Oldham, Hunslet and Haven all at Bootham Crescent.  Then 4 games against 4 of the bottom 5 so we will be ok. Bulls have to go to Oldham, and they have Worky, Keighley and Haven as well. No disrespect to any of them, but they would not have lived with the Knights yesterday, if we play half as well as that we'll finish in the top 2.

18 hours ago, AB Knight said:

After the highs of yesterday, back on it with a vist from an improving Coventry Bears who've won 3 matches in a row and had their first win against a 'heartland' team (Keighley).

Be interesting to see what side they put out, they had quite a few players missing against Keighley on Saturday due to the student 4 Nations. I believe they also have a match on Wednesday against West Wales in which case it could be a 4 match winning streak.

It has to be a professional performance Sunday to avoid any slip ups. Also again I hope there's a good crowd, don't think I've ever seen so many comments on the Press articles and I hope even more who were lost to the sport in the past come back.

After such a bruising encounter can well see Fordy resting a few, will be checking his injury list if any, can  see Sam Scott rested and  Ellis both had big games Sunday and we have cover for both, would think Fordy will be keen like the rest of us to see Eddie Edwards play(Eddie is Edwards nick name in oz)Jubber in for Elllis, with so much strength in depth now can't see us fielding an under strength side in any way shape or form, this will be no walk over game and like  Fordy will expect full commitment from who ever play's and as we are now aware every point counts so hope we don't go into this game over confident just play the quality rugby we are capable of and we  should be ok,and  as the saying goes then the scoreboard will look after it's self.

more to come from the promotion chasing Kneet's.

18 minutes ago, yck2017 said:

After such a bruising encounter can well see Fordy resting a few, will be checking his injury list if any, can  see Sam Scott rested and  Ellis both had big games Sunday and we have cover for both, would think Fordy will be keen like the rest of us to see Eddie Edwards play(Eddie is Edwards nick name in oz)Jubber in for Elllis, with so much strength in depth now can't see us fielding an under strength side in any way shape or form, this will be no walk over game and like  Fordy will expect full commitment from who ever play's and as we are now aware every point counts so hope we don't go into this game over confident just play the quality rugby we are capable of and we  should be ok,and  as the saying goes then the scoreboard will look after it's self.

more to come from the promotion chasing Kneet's.

And theres Robbo, Hawksworth, Kelly, Roberts and Maskill to come in.

Here's the run in:

York: Coventry (h), North Wales (h), West Wales (a), Hunslet (h), Workington (a), Oldham (h), Hemel (a), Whitehaven (h)

Bradford: London (a), Whitehaven (h), North Wales (a), Workington (h), Keighley (h), West Wales (a), Oldham (a), Hemel (h)

Crucially 5 of the last 8 games are at home, really hope we turn out in numbers and continue to make Bootham Crescent a fortress starting with this Sunday, no local SL teams (Leeds, KR, Cas) are at home that day which should help swell the gate.

While you’d expect the Knights to win (I’m sure they will) you’ve got to give Bears coach Tom Tsang a huge lot of credit for how he has mounded a team together. They are most certainly improving and taking good form into this weekends encounter. I’m sure the HKR link up has helped but they have also developed a few decent players through their own ranks. 

Ill go for the Knights by 26 Points after a tough, close opening 40 minutes or so. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

11 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Who would you drop of our players to play Moran?.

He signed for Sheffield didn't he? Went on DR to Hemel from them. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

46 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Who would you drop of our players to play Moran?.

No one S.K. just he was released by K.R. and chose to sign for the  Eagles as he wanted higher grade rugby now he's back in our league 

And he won't bother us, we've played Keighley twice. More of an issue this week could be who we have available on D/R. Rovers have 3 players suspended, and I guess Josh Johnson may be as well, (that'll please John Kear). Maybe Marsh and his mates will tell the robins they would rather play for the Knights. 

We’ve got 5 forwards who missed out on Sunday who’d get in most teams in this division and one who would walk into SL no bother at all. 

Dan Hawksworth, Mike Kelly, Adam Robinson, Josh Jordan-Roberts & Joel Edwards. 

I’d say missing out on any Hull KR forwards will be no issue whatsoever. 

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

3 minutes ago, jayemm said:

Totally agree Simon. Any of these players in the team will do well. But I can't wait to see Edwards turn out in a Knights shirt. 

Me too. Biggest overseas player we’ve signed since Nikau, he’s should be a world beater in this division. 

3 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Me too. Biggest overseas player we’ve signed since Nikau, he’s should be a world beater in this division. 

Load of Supergreed scouts at BC on Sunday , can't fault the bloke for signing for 8 games putting himself in the shop window.

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

We’ve got 5 forwards who missed out on Sunday who’d get in most teams in this division and one who would walk into SL no bother at all. 

Agree entirely re the forwards, but we are a bit short in the backs without Marsh or Oakes.

17 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Missed out Ronan Dixon n all there. One of the most improved players we've got and still a young kid for a forward.

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Missed out Ronan Dixon n all there. One of the most improved players we've got and still a young kid for a forward.

Hoping to see Ronan and Dan Hawksworth start sun, both have been outstanding this season, also a blockbusting performance from our new Aussie Joel Edwards would certainly get the crowd going.

Up the ever improving kneets???

Archived