Crowds this season.

roughyed34

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2018 at 9:58 AM, roughyed34 said:

True, but also Mr H has also put directors loans into the club, how much those are I don't know,I'm not sure he would walk for just £10000.

York have done a great job, very progressive indeed. Crowds have backed them also, new ground on the horizon. I must admit I look at the progress York have made with a big twinge of jealousy, not in a bad way but just out of what could be at Oldham if the club was more proactive and progressive, it won't happen solely with Mr H in charge, nothing really has changed in 21 years, big changes needed across the club if we are to move forward.

The directors loans are due to debt and bad desicions he made over the years so new investors shouldn’t be expected to pick up that problem 

16 hours ago, Little no it all said:

The directors loans are due to debt and bad desicions he made over the years so new investors shouldn’t be expected to pick up that problem 

The directors loans are to keep the club going.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, moorside roughyed said:

I wonder how long it will be until these loans dry up. I wonder what happens then?

Then the fat lady will of sung. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

cluedo there is a  problem with deferred wages , lets say you declare a salary of £60.000 a year but you only draw £30.000, you still have to pay the full tax and insurance on the £60.000 to make the £30.000 a legal debt to you. if you do pay the full tax and insurance every year for 10 years the company owes you £300.000 pounds does this ring a bell ?.

Tandle I know exactly how deferred wages work, I own a Limited company, the only way ORLFC can be in the debt it is is by Directors Loans or deferred wages now to my knowledge CH hasn’t got the wealth to put 200k in. CH to be removed will now be looking at getting repaid the monies he his owed Koukcash was quoted 350k to buy the club, in reality the club has nothing to sell but goodwill and it’s place in the RFL. CH is in no rush to give the club up as due to RFL funding he can take a nice salary out of the club sadly I think the crowds will dwindle even more next year and the product on the pitch will be poor. 

4 minutes ago, cluedo said:

Tandle I know exactly how deferred wages work, I own a Limited company, the only way ORLFC can be in the debt it is is by Directors Loans or deferred wages now to my knowledge CH hasn’t got the wealth to put 200k in. CH to be removed will now be looking at getting repaid the monies he his owed Koukcash was quoted 350k to buy the club, in reality the club has nothing to sell but goodwill and it’s place in the RFL. CH is in no rush to give the club up as due to RFL funding he can take a nice salary out of the club sadly I think the crowds will dwindle even more next year and the product on the pitch will be poor. 

God thats a depressing read.

So do you think CH will allow the club to just limp along with probably crowds of 350-450 next season?

He must know the fans that are left are getting fed up, whats the plan moving forward? I'd suggest more engagement with schools and a meaningful Duel Reg set up, for starters.

The key question is to the fans, are you happy just having a team to support with little or no hope of success?

Because under CH and without investment , thats about the top and bottom of it.

I know the blokes not been well, and i do hope he is back to good health, but unfortunately , the club is not in good health, it needs urgent attention, will he open the books, and admit he needs outside help in terms of marketing and investment?

1 hour ago, Whitworth Yed said:

The fact we have the same conversation on here at the end of each season means that in all likelihood nothing will change.

CH will not announce anything, won't seek help from anyone and shirts/season tickets will be available for collection in May.

So the long suffering fans have to just accept this?

I think its time the long suffering fans called the owner out and ask how he is going to change things because clearly the club is going to die sooner or later...as others have said, the fanbase is ageing , the crowds are dwindling, push is coming to shove.

Just looking at the gates at lower level yesterday -

Batley v Swinton 817

Dewsbury v Leigh 999

Feath v Barrow 1,125

Sheffield v Hornets 789

Bulls v Oldham 2,788

Donnie v Workington 542

Four very important games there. In our league we had two of them. An average attendance of 932.

Further up the food chain London, who could be in Super League this time  next week, had 869 and Salford who will be in Super League had 2,130.

It makes you wonder how long our game has got. I've been to Hornets v Oldham " A " team games that had attendances around the 500 mark in the past.

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Batley v Swinton 817

Dewsbury v Leigh 999

Feath v Barrow 1,125

Sheffield v Hornets 789

Bulls v Oldham 2,788

Donnie v Workington 542

Four very important games there. In our league we had two of them. An average attendance of 932.

Further up the food chain London, who could be in Super League this time  next week, had 869 and Salford who will be in Super League had 2,130.

It makes you wonder how long our game has got. I've been to Hornets v Oldham " A " team games that had attendances around the 500 mark in the past.

The time when  big crowds were the norm have sadly gone. As sound as the move to summer was announced IMHO marked the death of grassroots rl. More over the power grab has turned more people off. 

I have listened to the sl saying that the change is good for the game I simply don't believe it because the sl will generate money for sl. 

I do not think that it will be long until more clubs are replaced by Mexico City rl

7 hours ago, OLD YED said:

So the long suffering fans have to just accept this?

Not at all Old Yed and I truly hope that change is on it's way.

I just think CH is either in denial or pig headed enough not to accept help/change. Many times fans have asked for talks with him only to shut up shop.

Sadly as he is the sole owner, if he decides he doesn't want to talk then we can't make him.

Maybe his recent health issue might make him more acceptable to change, I hope so.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Batley v Swinton 817

Dewsbury v Leigh 999

Feath v Barrow 1,125

Sheffield v Hornets 789

Bulls v Oldham 2,788

Donnie v Workington 542

The attendances don't make very good reading do they. The game is indeed on the slide. I was at Bradford yesterday and the crowd was decent but the age of rugby League crowds is going up,no new blood coming into the game. When the sky negotiation takes place I think it'll be curtain's for a number of lower league clubs. Yes it does make you wonder how long the game has got,it's worrying.

10 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

The fact we have the same conversation on here at the end of each season means that in all likelihood nothing will change.

CH will not announce anything, won't seek help from anyone and shirts/season tickets will be available for collection in May.

We do have this conversation regularly don't we? It'll be same as.

5 hours ago, clifford said:

The time when  big crowds were the norm have sadly gone. As sound as the move to summer was announced IMHO marked the death of grassroots rl. More over the power grab has turned more people off. 

I have listened to the sl saying that the change is good for the game I simply don't believe it because the sl will generate money for sl. 

I do not think that it will be long until more clubs are replaced by Mexico City rl

I would agree with that although it's not a very fashionable view at the moment.

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

We do have this conversation regularly don't we? It'll be same as.

I dont want to be part of any witch hunt but at the same time the owner has to get the message that people have had enough of the way the club is run.

Iguess all we can do is wait,i accept the club is on its aris, which makes it even more important there is a coherent plan for next season.

This isnt ORLFC i grew up supporting, its a shell, im sick of it and im sure im not on my own.

Do something chris, the way things are going crowds will be lower again if nothing changes next season,maybe its too late now and there will no offers if he does sell, lets face it, the club has ZERO assets,and i mean a big fat zero.

FWIW i would like to see Scott stay, he is passionate about the club, or thats the way it seems to me.

1 hour ago, OLD YED said:

I dont want to be part of any witch hunt but at the same time the owner has to get the message that people have had enough of the way the club is run.

Iguess all we can do is wait,i accept the club is on its aris, which makes it even more important there is a coherent plan for next season.

This isnt ORLFC i grew up supporting, its a shell, im sick of it and im sure im not on my own.

Do something chris, the way things are going crowds will be lower again if nothing changes next season,maybe its too late now and there will no offers if he does sell, lets face it, the club has ZERO assets,and i mean a big fat zero.

FWIW i would like to see Scott stay, he is passionate about the club, or thats the way it seems to me.

Spot on Yed.

Until we hear something from the club it's all speculation. We know how stubborn CH is and has been in the past, he simply has to realise things need to change across most facets of the club.

For the loyal few left and for the future of RL in Oldham it's critical that this happens.

Crowds will fall again next season without changes, now this season has been wrapped up I hope the club (CH) realise that now is the time to lift the supporters by announcing players signings,ticket prices,offers,coaches,ground for next season etc if it's left too long ,more and more people will walk away and find something else to do on Sundays.

The reality is imho that we are at a major crossroads, if things change (quickly) a wave of optimism could sweep through the fans/town,if nothing happens then we will be lucky to even have any kind of viable club next year.....and if we do it will be groundhog day as it has been for the past X number of years,no progress off the pitch and the very same Heath Robinson approach we usually see from those in charge of the club.

Mr H it's over to you.........

3 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Spot on Yed.

Until we hear something from the club it's all speculation. We know how stubborn CH is and has been in the past, he simply has to realise things need to change across most facets of the club.

For the loyal few left and for the future of RL in Oldham it's critical that this happens.

Crowds will fall again next season without changes, now this season has been wrapped up I hope the club (CH) realise that now is the time to lift the supporters by announcing players signings,ticket prices,offers,coaches,ground for next season etc if it's left too long ,more and more people will walk away and find something else to do on Sundays.

The reality is imho that we are at a major crossroads, if things change (quickly) a wave of optimism could sweep through the fans/town,if nothing happens then we will be lucky to even have any kind of viable club next year.....and if we do it will be groundhog day as it has been for the past X number of years,no progress off the pitch and the very same Heath Robinson approach we usually see from those in charge of the club.

Mr H it's over to you.........

Agree with all that,  i'd like to see scott go again, but i suspect he will be having a conversation with CH very soon, for my part i feel SN is the kind of bloke the club needs, but at the same time he needs some kind of backing.

One of the other keys is duel reg, i donr like it if im honest but last season was a farce, and for a club lke us with no cash its really vital we get a good partner in duel reg, i hope he is looking into it.

I can’t believe people actually want Naylor to stay we are a very easy team to coach against, we have been fairly good defensively but in truth we are awful in attack. The team has failed against all of its main challengers and this falls down to the coach despite his rants when we get beat.

Archived