Championship and League 1 Awards Shortlist

Cumberland Sausage

Just now, RayH said:

Like your aim was play offs ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, RayH said:

Who aims for 4/5/6 place in any sport...

you need to go up or you’ve had no better season than your friends down the road, who by all accounts have hobbled there way into the play offs with essentially one man

You know so much. I bow down to your greater knowledge. We have had a terrible season and really think we should be sacking Pryce who has been diabolical. How we haven’t gone through the season unbeaten is beyond me with the riches at his disposal. The board should have a vote of no confidence in them and be cleared out as they clearly have no ambition whatsoever. A word you used earlier to describe 3 players comes to mind, idiot.

34 minutes ago, David69 said:

Sorry Donald. Carn't see it,best team in league.  2 -3 thousand supporters behind them, and never been beaten at home. You only just beat the Bears. Just my honest opinion

Bradford beat us at home first game of season, thanks for all the complementary remarks about our coach and players, hope you get something from this season, you deserve it

40 minutes ago, David69 said:

Sorry Donald. Carn't see it,best team in league.  2 -3 thousand supporters behind them, and never been beaten at home. You only just beat the Bears. Just my honest opinion

I don’t usually predict but I’ll stick my neck out and say they’ve zero chance . None whatsoever 

Those who are better with dates may be able to help me but I seem to recall going to York last day of the season when they had achieved promotion (Huntington ground) and beating them? I think possibly with promotion attained teams just switch off subconsciously. I'm not writing haven off.

Unless my maths is wrong , a couple of seasons ago the Board agreed a 3 year plan to TRY and get us promotion. We are nearly at the end of year 2 . Promotion was never really on this year , but next year was the target .Don`t forget we didn`t have a big enough squad this year and at one time Matthew Johnson had to offer his services again and certainly for Oldham at home we could barely field a Team .

7 minutes ago, Oneday said:

Those who are better with dates may be able to help me but I seem to recall going to York last day of the season when they had achieved promotion (Huntington ground) and beating them? I think possibly with promotion attained teams just switch off subconsciously. I'm not writing haven off.

York are desperate to win the league , and are hoping for getting on 4000 to watch . They need to win as Bradford have them on PD , and they’d avoid the dreaded play offs to . They have massive motivation . Remember Bramley for us - you just get swept along with being so close to your goal .  I can’t see them tripping up now 

20 minutes ago, Oneday said:

Danny Brough was captain so it was a while back.

49 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Unless my maths is wrong , a couple of seasons ago the Board agreed a 3 year plan to TRY and get us promotion. We are nearly at the end of year 2 . Promotion was never really on this year , but next year was the target .Don`t forget we didn`t have a big enough squad this year and at one time Matthew Johnson had to offer his services again and certainly for Oldham at home we could barely field a Team .

It was the start of last season...a 5 year plan was put into place, going with local players with not a lot of budget for Clark.... The same season we all called haven for spending big and going all out for promotion the season after they got relegated with us.... Fast forward one season, money is no problem with some "big name big money" players coming in to what we know now is a possible promotion. If we get promoted what happens next year? We get a bigger budget to buy more travellers because locals can't keep us up. To me it's just a deja vu. There is plenty of locals good enough to keep a team up in the championship but unfortunately they are spread between the 3 Cumbrian clubs. We could maybe have attracted a few of these Cumbrian players from other clubs if we had kept on wth the 5 year plan and they seen after a season or two that Town were giving locals a go and building from within not using past it travellers and DR.... Just my opinion.

15 hours ago, RayH said:

Off course your on par, I believe they’ve got more quality as they don’t have to spend as much for a player due to there player pool availability

Your travelling players, DR, Loanees will be hitting the wage bill up.

I imagine your well sponsored though, so forget actual finances for a min

i just think on average Pryce to be classed as doing well this season requires promotion and he’s got a chance now with the top 3

anything below that and hes underachieved 

I think you are being harsh  on LP with your last sentence. He is new to coaching at this level. As for being on par financially we always have to put some of the budget towards travel costs and transport that others in this league dont have to do.  To be in amongst and competing with yorkshire clubs for example is credit to us. Pryce HAS moved the team forward on the pitch. 

48 minutes ago, town4me said:

I think you are being harsh  on LP with your last sentence. He is new to coaching at this level. As for being on par financially we always have to put some of the budget towards travel costs and transport that others in this league dont have to do.  To be in amongst and competing with yorkshire clubs for example is credit to us. Pryce HAS moved the team forward on the pitch. 

To be fair he should do in this league with Dawson, Newton, Miller, Moi Moi, Penky, Olstrom, some decent DR and the likes of Doran and Scholey already in the squad from last year

Archived