Ned to step down..

Rambo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complete lack of class to the very end, what outrageous and disrespectful comments he's made there. Openly slating the club's budget for the next year and basically saying relegation is a certainty, let's hope none of the club's candidates for next year are YEP readers. The squad has gone backwards since the start of the year, public fallouts with players, poor results, poor recruitment and poor man management yet he still has to twist the knife further and slag the club off next season, we are in a weaker position than we were at the start of this season and Kelly is to blame. No wonder our core players are leaving. Completely appreciate that the Kelly family is going through a tough time and I respect Neil's decision to put family first but where is the need for him to come out publicly and slag off the club when the supporters and board have shown him nothing but loyalty, keep the contractual stuff to yourself Neil and leave amicably!

Not really sure the article is disrespectful, Ned states Mark has every right to set the budget and he chooses not to work within those constraints. Fair enough imo . To be honest as things currently stand with the rumoured players leaving and no mention of whose coming in a relegation fight is probably a fair assesment.

I maybe wide of the mark but it seems like the club desperately needs new Directors alongside MS to take the club forward.

I’m not too sure how many people are willing to sink money into rugby league clubs these days though?

However with the facilities at the club and what I’d imagine is not insignificant off field income (for a champ club) we should be at least capable of competing with the likes of Sheffield and Batley for players.

The club has upwards of £100k in the coffers for future projects and no mention of how this money will be spent??

A statement from MS would be interesting regarding his future plans for the club?

rambo.gif

47 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Complete lack of class to the very end, what outrageous and disrespectful comments he's made there. Openly slating the club's budget for the next year and basically saying relegation is a certainty, let's hope none of the club's candidates for next year are YEP readers. The squad has gone backwards since the start of the year, public fallouts with players, poor results, poor recruitment and poor man management yet he still has to twist the knife further and slag the club off next season, we are in a weaker position than we were at the start of this season and Kelly is to blame. No wonder our core players are leaving. Completely appreciate that the Kelly family is going through a tough time and I respect Neil's decision to put family first but where is the need for him to come out publicly and slag off the club when the supporters and board have shown him nothing but loyalty, keep the contractual stuff to yourself Neil and leave amicably!

Load of ###### hes done right to put the knife and relegation is a certainty. The club had more ambition when we were struggling to survive ,and we don't want them days back. Half of that team gave up 6/7 matches ago. Needs a good clear out  scrap the contracts and go back to a decent winning pay .Too many turning up putting a shirt on and just holding the hand out for a wage.Pre season meeting next year aiming for 6/7th its not good enough. Theres  a difference between ambition and suicide spending .however If this cant be achieved i would rather drop down a league and watch a team of triers than watch that pathetic dross we saw on Sunday,

Why does the sun shine out of NK's ######? He left us in the when he went to Widnes and now he's doing it again. Funny how Glenn Morrison was to blame a couple of years ago when things went wrong but now it's the players fault as soon as things go wrong for demigod Kelly. He did a good firefighting job to keep us up last year but this season the players have looked disinterested, demotivated and demoralised, do we not think there's a reason for this change? They haven't woken up one morning and decided that they can't be arsed anymore have they, they've been coached by a man who has publicly slagged them off and picked his own favourites week in week out whilst certain players have been left out. I challenge you to name one player who we can truly say has improved this year under Kelly, Hallett has gone backwards, so has Everett, Morton has plateaued, Worrincy appears about as much as Halley's comet, Moore seems to have gone AWOL and almost all of Kelly's signings this year have gone! If I was taking over as head coach I'd be nailing his comments about relegation to the wall in the dressing room to prove them wrong, just no need to slag the club off publicly like that.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

I maybe wide of the mark but it seems like the club desperately needs new Directors alongside MS to take the club forward.

I’m not too sure how many people are willing to sink money into rugby league clubs these days though?

However with the facilities at the club and what I’d imagine is not insignificant off field income (for a champ club) we should be at least capable of competing with the likes of Sheffield and Batley for players.

The club has upwards of £100k in the coffers for future projects and no mention of how this money will be spent??

A statement from MS would be interesting regarding his future plans for the club?

I am not privy to the inner sanctum at the club but suspect the individual income streams are run almost as separate businesses ...  therefore the money from the pitches and car boot sale are separate from the income from the Rams .... it would appear that the rugby playing side club is being run as a self sustaining business with losses being covered by 'other means' ... in reality the losses from the rugby club are probably being covered by the income from other income streams ..... What if the pitches and the rams were the same business then the income from the pitches could be used to support the salary cap and we might be able to have a sensible degree of ambition ..... not silly spending but spending based on income 

However as I said I am not privy to the clubs finances and I could be well wide of the mark .... but hey this is a forum and my comments are just  opinion and speculation!! 

25 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Why does the sun shine out of NK's ######? He left us in the when he went to Widnes and now he's doing it again. Funny how Glenn Morrison was to blame a couple of years ago when things went wrong but now it's the players fault as soon as things go wrong for demigod Kelly. He did a good firefighting job to keep us up last year but this season the players have looked disinterested, demotivated and demoralised, do we not think there's a reason for this change? They haven't woken up one morning and decided that they can't be arsed anymore have they, they've been coached by a man who has publicly slagged them off and picked his own favourites week in week out whilst certain players have been left out. I challenge you to name one player who we can truly say has improved this year under Kelly, Hallett has gone backwards, so has Everett, Morton has plateaued, Worrincy appears about as much as Halley's comet, Moore seems to have gone AWOL and almost all of Kelly's signings this year have gone! If I was taking over as head coach I'd be nailing his comments about relegation to the wall in the dressing room to prove them wrong, just no need to slag the club off publicly like that.

nobody said the sun shines anywhere and nobody well I did not blame Morro. Why cant it be the players fault. The coach can only take them to the touch line .Their not 9 nine year olds they cant follow a game plan .In fact its worse than that they cant play basic rugby .They cannot compete a set of six whose fault is that. The coach cant catch the ball for them. Morton has got to be the player of the year. He won it for his display against Barrow alone. He dragged that team through on his bootlaces that day. Theres  two camps on that field one side want to play the others don't give a a dam.

5 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

nobody said the sun shines anywhere and nobody well I did not blame Morro. Why cant it be the players fault. The coach can only take them to the touch line .Their not 9 nine year olds they cant follow a game plan .In fact its worse than that they cant play basic rugby .They cannot compete a set of six whose fault is that. The coach cant catch the ball for them. Morton has got to be the player of the year. He won it for his display against Barrow alone. He dragged that team through on his bootlaces that day. Theres  two camps on that field one side want to play the others don't give a a dam.

You might not have blamed Morrison but the majority of others did, some even boycotting the club till he left. I appreciate that you can't coach certain aspects but he really hasn't helped the cause, look at James Glover, possibly our biggest attacking threat at the start of the season and enthusiastic for another year with the Rams, now he is a shadow of his former self working under a coach who, it has been reported, has been calling him lazy in training for weeks on end. No wonder he's leaving. Look at Rochdale at the weekend, Walshaw having a decent game and looking like one of our few players that posed and attacking threat and up for the physical battle and he took him off in exchange for Speakman, two hookers and two halfbacks on the pitch against a big side like Rochdale. Where is Sam Day? A player who has impressed for me every time I've seen him this year, even away at London. He's been nowhere near the squad for a couple of months know and is another one Kelly is known to have not been fond of. Poor coaching has to be at the root of the problem, and if not poor coaching, poor man management. It is the duty of the Head Coach to ensure his players are motivated and from what I've heard, he's done nothing but shoot morale down further, he's come out and said the squad are relegation fodder and he's still head coach! Still one game left and he says that! The game might not mean anything but it is definitely not conductive to squad morale

Got to be honest here,I think Neil’s comments are poor,he mentions playing budget for next year isn’t anywhere good enough to compete, I heard and whether it’s true or not but we’ve spent more this season on our playing budget since year 2000 and we all know how that ended. Who’s out there that can work with a low budget and about 5 players ?

May be Mark sees more success and bigger home crowds by winning games in the lower league as a better option? 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Got to be honest here,I think Neil’s comments are poor,he mentions playing budget for next year isn’t anywhere good enough to compete, I heard and whether it’s true or not but we’ve spent more this season on our playing budget since year 2000 and we all know how that ended. Who’s out there that can work with a low budget and about 5 players ?

Just doesn't help anyone does it Graham? I'm a Dewsbury supporter, not a Neil Kelly supporter and we need to get behind whoever comes in now, I thought he's have enough class to show a bit of respect to the fans and the club who have shown him nothing but adoration.

6 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Just doesn't help anyone does it Graham? I'm a Dewsbury supporter, not a Neil Kelly supporter and we need to get behind whoever comes in now, I thought he's have enough class to show a bit of respect to the fans and the club who have shown him nothing but adoration.

It doesn’t help one bit. Look I know Neil and his family have had a terrible few months and still on going but coming out with statements like that is in my opinion disrespectful,certainly doesn’t show the club in good light.

Anyway we need to move on quickly as we’ve got a lot of recruiting to do,so let’s get behind the club and the new coach,whoever that will be.

Just now, graham fisher said:

It doesn’t help one bit. Look I know Neil and his family have had a terrible few months and still on going but coming out with statements like that is in my opinion disrespectful,certainly doesn’t show the club in good light.

Anyway we need to move on quickly as we’ve got a lot of recruiting to do,so let’s get behind the club and the new coach,whoever that will be.

Number one choice is Alan Kilshaw for me!

40 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

I agree in part with some of what you say. But when a game plan is put in place and it becomes apparent after 15 minutes it isn't working, it needs to be changed. No disrespect to Neil but I don't think he reads the game like a lot of the modern day coaches do. It is always going to be difficult to come back into the game after a long lay off and be up to speed. If the game plan is wrong and it inevitably fails the players look to the coach for a plan B. If it's not forthcoming we're like rabbits in the headlights. Yes we have a tight budget and have failed to attract players but our standard of rugby has been poor all seson with no imagination. Finally no coach or manager ever leaves a job without levelling the blame at someone or something else. Neil is no different. Human nature.

Looks like "hey I'm a good coach but if I don't have the guaranteed wonga for players I'm not gonna dismantle my rep"

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Though I'm sad to see Neil going, it seems strange about the timing of his decision. I would imagine he has been negotiating with new players coming in for 2019, as well as hopefully re-signing some of the 2018 squad, knowing full well about what budget he will have to spend.

Packing it in now leaves us already behind the rest of clubs getting ready for next season. We need a new coach, possible assistants too, who might want his own players to sign, instead of the ones Neil has signed up.

A ugly ending to a coach who did so much for us in his first spell and saving us last season.

This won't be good for season tickets sells.

36 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

You might not have blamed Morrison but the majority of others did, some even boycotting the club till he left. I appreciate that you can't coach certain aspects but he really hasn't helped the cause, look at James Glover, possibly our biggest attacking threat at the start of the season and enthusiastic for another year with the Rams, now he is a shadow of his former self working under a coach who, it has been reported, has been calling him lazy in training for weeks on end. No wonder he's leaving. Look at Rochdale at the weekend, Walshaw having a decent game and looking like one of our few players that posed and attacking threat and up for the physical battle and he took him off in exchange for Speakman, two hookers and two halfbacks on the pitch against a big side like Rochdale. Where is Sam Day? A player who has impressed for me every time I've seen him this year, even away at London. He's been nowhere near the squad for a couple of months know and is another one Kelly is known to have not been fond of. Poor coaching has to be at the root of the problem, and if not poor coaching, poor man management. It is the duty of the Head Coach to ensure his players are motivated and from what I've heard, he's done nothing but shoot morale down further, he's come out and said the squad are relegation fodder and he's still head coach! Still one game left and he says that! The game might not mean anything but it is definitely not conductive to squad morale

And Glover got dropped and came back with a different attitude, when players admit theres certain ones just turning up there you have it. Felt sorry for some players on Sunday they gave it a go.

I think a statement of intent (or non intent) as the case maybe is needed from the chairman and not just a pretty bland club statement which I’ve seen has just been released regarding Ned’s departure.

I can remember a few years ago that he stated that he wanted  Dewsbury to be the best club outside of the SL. 

Is this objective still the same? If it isn’t what is? Survival in the Championship? or operating in L1 with profits from car boots,5 aside and the bars going to the shareholder(s) and supporting a near amateur team?

rambo.gif

6 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Disagree. Said in my post Sunday “who’d coach this lot”

we have been up and down all season and he’s also right about the budget.  We are careful and I support that. We’ve debated it many times. But if you look at it from a coaches point of view it must be massively frustrating.  Good players leaving and a battle to keep the ones we’ve got. Players like Liam Finn going to Newcastle!

id probably leave.  The good news is that I suspect we will end up back in league one which represents our natural environment and is where I believe we belong.  Not blaming anyone but the Dewsbury folk.  Look at the gate at York Sunday 3500. We wouldn’t get that if we were top of league one.  I wish Ned all the best and wish his successor all the luck   He’ll need it  ?

NK is stating facts. Take out the comment about relegation and it's hard to criticise. He saved us last season, kept us up this season and that's about all he can do.  MS is not to blame. He could spend hundreds of thousands and we might finish a few places higher. Who would waste their money like that? We are too good for League 1, never good enough for SL. Look at the money Leigh spent and where has it got them? A couple of places above us. It's a hard one, but short of a generous multi-millionaire turning up, not sure what the answer is.

Archived