Obituary Thread

17 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Matthew Perry aka Chandler Bing from 'Friends' aged 54 - drowned.
https://nypost.com/2023/10/28/entertainment/friends-star-matthew-perry-dead-at-age-54-of-apparent-drowning-report/Ā 
Bloody hell. šŸ˜ž

After reading his tragic autobiography, he spent the last couple of decades in near permanent pain and it had taken a terrible toll on his health.

He really was the magic that made Friends so good.

• Like 1

Ken MattinglyĀ who was Command Module Pilot on Apollo 16, helped rescue the crew of the Apollo 13 mission and only one of 2 people to have been to the moon and flown a Shuttle mission has died at the age of 87.

https://news.sky.com/story/thomas-ken-mattingly-hero-astronaut-who-helped-save-apollo-13-crew-dies-12999497

Missed this from a few days go. Many of a certain age will remember the excitement of the Apollo missions of the late 60s/early 70s

Ā 

Whitehaven have announced the death of their ex-loose forward, captain and coach, Gordon Cottier, who played also for neighbours Workington Town.

According to Harry Edgar's 'Chocolate, Blue and Gold' club history, between 1967 and 1985 Cottier made 317 first team appearances for Haven, with a further 21 as a playing substitute. He would have played more games but for missing two full seasons on medical advice (a heart condition was discovered). Cottier coached Haven during the 1992-93 season. Although primarily a loose forward, he played in virtually every position for Haven.

Edgar selected Cottier, at loose forward, in his book's all-time Haven 'Immortals XIII'.

Ā 

Edited by Hopping Mad

The Caramac bar, assuming NestlƩ aren't just using this as a PR stunt to build back sales. It wouldn't be the first time a food-maker has tried this, after all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67355475Ā 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Joss Auckland, aged 95

The Mirror describing Ackland as a star of the second Bill & Ted movie, a film he utterly despised, according to some sources I've read.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Marty Krofft, better known in the USA for his (and his brother Sid's) work in the entertainment field. probably best known on this side of the Atlantic for The Banana Splits and The Donny & Marie Show.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Killing Joke were my favourite band when I was a school. Whilst over bands took that mantle over the years I kept up with their output.

Always felt that Geordie was one of the most underrated riff writers around. They could be quite unnerving live with Jaz seemingly staring right at you most of the show!

• Like 2
The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

8 hours ago, Vambo said:

Killing Joke were my favourite band when I was a school. Whilst over bands took that mantle over the years I kept up with their output.

Always felt that Geordie was one of the most underrated riff writers around. They could be quite unnerving live with Jaz seemingly staring right at you most of the show!

Jaz plugged an upcoming gig whilst being interviewed on the Tube....'Come and get deaf '. .

• Like 1

Elliot Silverstein, Director of Cat Ballou and A Man called Horse, aged 96

Ralph Waldo Emerson