Barrow Raiders - Kids Go Free

A club determined to increase their fan-base:

"For all games next season kids go free with a paying adult. However, we just want to explain that a little better. A paying adult can bring any number of kids. A teacher can bring their class, a rugby coach can bring their team, a dance school can bring every child dancer. Barrow Raiders are determined to introduce the next generation of supporters and bring some atmosphere to the ground. We want The Matt Johnson Prestige Stadium to be the place to be every Sunday afternoon."

Kids-Go-Free.jpg

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

Rochdale are also running an initiative to get more young people to matches. It does seem that rugby league's appeal, especially at lower league level, seems to be mainly the older generation. Good to see clubs making efforts to bring in younger attendees.

20 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Rochdale are also running an initiative to get more young people to matches. It does seem that rugby league's appeal, especially at lower league level, seems to be mainly the older generation. Good to see clubs making efforts to bring in younger attendees.

Thanks for that, it was the junior swap system I was thinking of, glad to see its still in operation

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

All great initiatives, would be superb if each club capitalises on this further and I’ll give an example how.

About a year ago I went to watch a local game of RU (semi-pro) and they let kids in for free and encouraged them to bring £2.

Upon entry to the ground, there was a queue for a game of children’s kicking golf. On the pitch was a children’s training shirt, a signed team poster and a player (I’m assuming for a training session at the winning child’s school or club) on the try line were 50 balls - suffice to say 50 children were lined up within minutes. Closest ball to any of the 3 prizes won it. It may have only been £100 but what easy money to make!

I think quite a few clubs allow children to enter with their parents. This initiative is different in that it allows large groups to enter with just one youth leader.

That gives organisers of youth groups an option to do something different away from their usual environment with their children.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

A great initiative by Barrow, however I hope they have a strategy to ensure as many of the eligible groups are not only aware of the offer but pushed (as much as possible) to take it up.

Whilst price is definitely a lever, if only the same audience (ie. The current Barrow faithful) that knows, it may not move the needle much.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Archived