Batley Boys NCL season

Keep The Faith

board done a deal with boys for conference home games Tom? Heard big money suggested for privilege 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Anybody who is saying that the Board are asking for big money for the privilege of playing at our ground needs a massive reality check.

If anybody has connections with Huddersfield Giants or indeed Dewsbury perhaps they could enquire of chances of playing at their ground and if so the cost of doing so then perhaps the smell of coffee would drift under their noses.

Please don’t pursue this and just enjoy Batley Boys starting a new era in NCL.

No skin off my nose as my amateur playing days are well behind me. The continuing relationship of bulldogs and b.boys is to be applauded. I'd heard disgruntled persons almost wanting to play ncl rugby at mount for zilch but knew costings had to be aimed somewhere.

After all the lads entry to the conference was never going to be centred around staincliffe.

Now where are the next mark tooheys, scottys and carl gibsons filtering upwards....

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Be good to watch a local team on a Saturday. What s the entry cost?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Don't see the problem here; it costs amateur clubs to play on council grounds, plus changing facilities, lighting, water heating for showers....don't expect for a minutes that Batley Boys would expect to play on a pro ground for nothing, I also expect that the board will have done the best agreeable deal, don't see, Batley Bulldogs ripping anybody off.

How did they get on? Going to drop in on Saturday as I ain't going to Sheffield for a 9:30pm finish on Friday night, way past my bedtime!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

On 2/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, Kevin Nicholas said:

Anybody who is saying that the Board are asking for big money for the privilege of playing at our ground needs a massive reality check.

If anybody has connections with Huddersfield Giants or indeed Dewsbury perhaps they could enquire of chances of playing at their ground and if so the cost of doing so then perhaps the smell of coffee would drift under their noses.

Please don’t pursue this and just enjoy Batley Boys starting a new era in NCL.

Good call Kevin, bringing Batley Boys to the Mount. Links need building to ensure we have first call on quality prospects from Batley Boys, in the absence of a 2nd team etc, and this is a welcome step in establishing this.

• 2 weeks later...

Are free sports showing games on Saturday again this season? When is Batley Boys next game anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2019 at 18:32, Keep The Faith said:

Local Derby this Saturday against Dewsbury Celtic in the park 2:30 if anyone wants there rugby fix as we don’t have a game as it third vs fourth in the league 

what happened to local derby why no follow up

11 hours ago, ginaldo said:

what happened to local derby why no follow up

the report was in the press....26-10

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

15 minutes ago, RPH said:

the report was in the press....26-10

Correct shame we haven’t the same 17 out in every game so far this season... yesterday we had a 18 year old on debut who got the mom after his first game in the 1st team but we have a game in hand so hopefully we carry on our good form and try win promotion 

Archived